Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of Ammo Going Up?

Options
  • 14-04-2011 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

I am wondering if the price of ammo in Ireland is as reflective of the market as that in the States.

Normally, I am not one to believe advertisers when they tell me to "buy now." However, if you track metal ETF's you'll know that they are making higher highs every day.

Obviously, the cost of ammo is already much more expensive in the states. Thus, a markup may not appear as readily in Ireland as in the States.

I was wondering what the word is in Ireland. Is ammo about to go up?

In the States, the word is this Friday there will be a 7-15% increase on ammo.

Cabelas has been saying it for a while
    http://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?categoryId=107821080&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104792580%3Bcat104761080

Another dealer, Target Sports USA stated:
    "On April 15th (this Friday), all Major Ammunition Companies such as Federal, Remington, Winchester, Fiocchi and others have announced a 7-15% price increase on all centerfire, rimfire and shotgun ammunition"

I do not who, if anyone, on either side of the pond this will effect. However, you may wish to buy a few rounds for the summer shooting.

Just thought I would pass this along.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

It's gone up by at least that here over the last while. Getting nearly too expensive to shoot factory stuff at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

FISMA wrote: »
    I am wondering if the price of ammo in Ireland is as reflective of the market as that in the States.

Normally, I am not one to believe advertisers when they tell me to "buy now." However, if you track metal ETF's you'll know that they are making higher highs every day.

Obviously, the cost of ammo is already much more expensive in the states. Thus, a markup may not appear as readily in Ireland as in the States.

http://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?categoryId=107821080&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104792580%3Bcat104761080

"On April 15th (this Friday), all Major Ammunition Companies such as Federal, Remington, Winchester, Fiocchi and others have announced a 7-15% price increase on all centerfire, rimfire and shotgun ammunition"

I do not who, if anyone, on either side of the pond this will effect. However, you may wish to buy a few rounds for the summer shooting.

The dealers here I think charge Future rates, so they are never caught out.

I'm trying to no avail to source hornady .223 Superformance in 53 or 75 grain.

It looks like I will have to go HPS route, but they are unknown in speeds.
    Or even claimed speeds.

I was quoted E635 for 500 75 grain ammo Berger VLD's.
    I know the VLD's are good. It's what is driving them that i do not know.......

I had big rainbow type bullet drops out to 400 yards, makes varminting with out pre-range finding almost impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

I'm trying to no avail to source hornady .223 Superformance in 53 or 75 grain.
    I had big rainbow type bullet drops out to 400 yards, makes varminting with out pre-range finding almost impossible.

I wish I could reload a few for you and bring them back. However, that is a big no-no. Airlines allow ammo, but they don't want your reloads - only factory. I agree.

From what I have heard, all of the lads rave over the reloads. My cousin says that even the SuperFormance is not a patch on reloading your own with Hornady bullets.

Don't know if I'll be back for the season. Tickets are getting crazy - almost double what I used to pay.

Slan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I wish I could reload a few for you and bring them back. However, that is a big no-no. Airlines allow ammo, but they don't want your reloads - only factory. I agree.

From what I have heard, all of the lads rave over the reloads. My cousin says that even the SuperFormance is not a patch on reloading your own with Hornady bullets.

Don't know if I'll be back for the season. Tickets are getting crazy - almost double what I used to pay.

Slan

Ah yeah, but the Dollar is strong Vs the Euro.

Never been a better time for a Plastic Paddy to visit :D
    So flights might be expensive, but fella's would sell their soul over here for some "foreign" investment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

You can rest assured that our lovely distributors over here will crank that up to about 30% over here. :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement