Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G broadband Roaming in Spain

Options
  • 14-04-2011 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi all

I'm heading over to Spain in a few weeks but will be taking my 3G router with me. I have an unlocked huawei modem with a 3 network pay as you go sim.

My iPhone is locked with o2, and they charge 5€ per mb... And my most cost effective path with them is a €75 bundle. I'll be there for two weeks.

Does anyone know if any of the providers have partnership deals with Spanish telcos, or can anyone recommend a Spanish telco for a pay as you go account? I'll be just outside Malaga.

Thanks in advance....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Seoirse wrote: »
    Hi all

I'm heading over to Spain in a few weeks but will be taking my 3G router with me. I have an unlocked huawei modem with a 3 network pay as you go sim.

My iPhone is locked with o2, and they charge 5€ per mb... And my most cost effective path with them is a €75 bundle. I'll be there for two weeks.

Does anyone know if any of the providers have partnership deals with Spanish telcos, or can anyone recommend a Spanish telco for a pay as you go account? I'll be just outside Malaga.

Thanks in advance....

Hi Seoirse

Over a year ago I went to Spain on holiday and went looking for a Pay as you Go connection so I could check my mails and stuff... the only one who offered me a decent deal was yoigo.

All the other "big" ISPs (Movistar (O2), Vodafone and Orange (Amena) were too expensive and did not offer a competitive package.

yoigo offers what they call "Tarifa Plana de Internet" or "Internet para llevar Tarjeta" for 3 euro per day. With that you get 100 mb of usage per day, if you dont use it, you dont get charged. If you go over the limit your connection is restricted to non 3g (as far as I remember).

Movistar, Vodafone and all the other didnt anything similar. They all required you to buy sign a 12 month contract. If you just wanna buy a sim car and use your own modem there is no special plan, they just charge you per mb downloaded, and is not cheap!

It has been a while since I last asked but I dont think things have changed much...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 KBB

Seoirse wrote: »
    Hi all

Thanks in advance....

I have a Spanish dongle provided by MasMovil.
    it is a pay as you go system and works reasonably well.
    I also brought over a 3G wireless router and it works fine with it.
    you can purchase the dongles from most large supermarkets or phone shops.
    You will just need your passport number to activate it.

http://www.masmovil.es/home?lang=en

Give them a try

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

http://www.maxroam.com/Home.aspx?cur=EUR

probably the most cost effective at 80 cent per MB

Advertisement