Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neptune beach leisure centre closed

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bettystown runner

anybody going to meeting tomorrow? i have to go to work but would be interestested if someone could post up any info tomorrow afternoon
    ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 blue tit

Get this,

They took your money, paid for nothing, went to the gym around the corner, 'cut' a deal with them (with your money),give everyone a sob story about how hard done by they were....................then walked(with your money).Next please!

At least Guinness had the sense to set up a direct debit with these crooks.

It's a long road!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭HALLOW RUBY

blue tit wrote: »
    Get this,

They took your money, paid for nothing, went to the gym around the corner, 'cut' a deal with them (with your money),give everyone a sob story about how hard done by they were....................then walked(with your money).Next please!

At least Guinness had the sense to set up a direct debit with these crooks.

It's a long road!

What deal did they cut with the gym around the corner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Neptune Castoff

Does anyone have the contact details for the liquidator ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Leonidas1

The Liquidator as disclosed at the creditors meeting yesterday in the City North Hotel is Mr. Ian McKeown phone 0868305196.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

What deal did they cut with the gym around the corner?

if youre paid member of neptune you can continue your membership in bettystown court hotel

it was in the drogheda ind today

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭HALLOW RUBY

I won't be taking that offer thanks, the gym area of the Bettystown Court is crap in my opinion, the swimming pool is ok though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Leonidas1

The arrangment described in the Drogheda Independant says members who paid up post 1st December 2010 will get access to the Bettystown Court facilities. This excludes those who joined the Neptune club as fully paid up annual subscription members prior to 1st December 2010. At the creditors meeting the Director of the Neptune club Mr. Malone gave a cast iron assurance that all members would be facilitated in the Bettystown Court. It will be interesting to discover how many members are in this category and whether ALL paid up members can be facilitated in the Bettystown Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 crackerj

Has anybody been down to the bettystown court yet to see about this? Just wondering is it as straight forward as walking in the door or do you need all sorts of proof of membership?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bettystown runner

a few of us went down tonight (well last night as it's now gone 1am) AND THE STAFF WHERE VERY HELPFUL and confirmed all of the above ,Just one additional snag a fee of €80 to be paid to cover insurance but this will be rebated on next years membership, i think thats fair enough.they took our word for it that we where members (WE HAD PROOF WITH US but not asked for it)the deal is we got a 2 week membership cert by which time they expect to have all membership details from Beechview .I would recomend it all seemed ok -as it did somewhere else up to about 3 weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

speaking of the bettystown court why has the hotel closed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Neptune Fraudsters

Now that we are aware of the "compensation" being offered by the Neptune Boys I think many of us will agree that this is not acceptable. Many of us are out of pocket (some people up to €700 who paid a couples membership) so frankly offering us membership to a gym that we didn't choose to join in the first place and then having the cheek to expect us to pay €80 (appreciate that the Bettystown Court have to charge this for insurance purposes) but you would think that the 3 Boys running the Neptune could have negotiated a better deal for us.

I have spoken to a Gardai Sergeant and he has suggested that we go in as big a group as possible and report this FRAUD - as technically this is what we are victims to. These boys are getting away with running up debts through not being responsible and paying their bills (which our membership would have more than covered) and then robbing us of our hard earned cash (when times have never been as tough) well I DON'T THINK SO. We need to stand together and speak in volume so can you please let me know if you are interested in joining a group that are arranging to visit the local Garda Station to report this FRAUD and to initiate CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS. THEY CANNOT AND WILL NOT GET AWAY WITH THIS :mad::mad::mad:

I agree totally with thread #73. I think there was an 'intent to defaud'. Look at the facts i.e., unpaid rent, rates and utility bills going back quite some time, the 'broken' credit card machine whereby members were being asked to pay by cash from at least December, the clearing out of direct debits on the day of closure, no notice whatsoever of the closure. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that there was a 'pre-meditated' plan by the directors to defraud their members and creditors out of as much money as they could. Our advice is that, if, there is a 'pre-meditated intent to defraud', then this is a 'CRIMINAL' matter and the directors cannot hide behind company law. They are personally liable for the 'CRIMINAL' act of fraud. The Gardai should be investigating this matter. I would also imagine that the 'Revenue' would be interested in the ultimate destination of the 'cash payments' !! Did they ALL go into the business account or into 'back pockets' ?? I also agree with the comments regarding our memberships being 'passed' over to the Bettystown Court Gym. We don't want (and didn't in the past) to join this gym (No offence Bettystown Court). We want our hard earned 'cash' back, so we can decide ourselves, which gym we will join. If we had been able to pay by credit card (which we tried to) we may have had some recourse from the credit card company, but the 'cash' element closes this avenue.

Is there anyone out there who would be prepared to go to the Gardai and make an 'official' complaint and ask them to investigate these 'con artists' (the Directors) and their 'Fraudulent Scam' ??

It is also important that people continue to post any information they have on this subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lonsdale91

I paid for a yearly membership last September so does that mean that I can't avail of Bettystown Court??? I know I haven't lost as much money as others but still feel very hard done by. I'd support any group of people wanting to bring this matter to the gardai. It is a disgrace!!!

P.S. I visited Southgate yesterday and they offered me 2 months (as I will not be around the area for the summer) for €60. They also gave me a free trial pass so that I can try out the gym before joining. Lovely people working there!!!

lonsdale91 wrote: »
    I paid for a yearly membership last September so does that mean that I can't avail of Bettystown Court??? I know I haven't lost as much money as others but still feel very hard done by. I'd support any group of people wanting to bring this matter to the gardai. It is a disgrace!!!

P.S. I visited Southgate yesterday and they offered me 2 months (as I will not be around the area for the summer) for €60. They also gave me a free trial pass so that I can try out the gym before joining. Lovely people working there!!!

Do you know if the credit card machine was working in September ?
    It would be helpful if we could establish when the credit card machine 'stopped' working. We know it's at least as far back as December...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lonsdale91

Do you know if the credit card machine was working in September ?
    It would be helpful if we could establish when the credit card machine 'stopped' working. We know it's at least as far back as December...

I can't remember whether it was working or not. I do remember that I paid in cash though as I remember counting it out at the time. I don't know whether that was by choice or not though...sorry.

Ok..
    Thanks anyway for your honest reply.

Anybody else have any info ???

CASH seems to be a recurring theme !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Chubi

There was a digger down at the neptune today tearing up the grass outside the gym and a lot of activity, anyone know what thats about.QUOTE]

Rumour has a new restuarant going in apparently!! Anyone hear when this will be opening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭oceanfish2008

The LAST thing the area needs is another Restaurant. Theres 4 Chinese Restaurants in the village already.

Muppets

• Advertisement

The LAST thing the area needs is another Restaurant. Theres 4 Chinese Restaurants in the village already.

Muppets

4 Chinese takeaways!! There 1 Chinese restaurant, an Asian restaurant and 2 cafe type restaurants. Rumour has it the new one in The Neptune is an Italian so I for one will welcome the change!!

Chubi wrote: »
    4 Chinese takeaways!! There 1 Chinese restaurant, an Asian restaurant and 2 cafe type restaurants. Rumour has it the new one in The Neptune is an Italian so I for one will welcome the change!!

Yes! 4 Chinese Takeaways!

Bettystown:

Seaview Chinese (on the slip road down to the beach)
    Chans
    6 Happiness
    Fate (o.k we can be pedantic and call it Asian)

Relish
    Bk Bistro

Theres also 2 Indian restaurants - Beachview Tandoori in Laytown and Rupee at home in the Village Hotel

Another Chinese in Laytown

Saffron Steak house in Laytown

3 Chippers between Bettystown and Laytown one of which in Bettystwon does great pizza and will be doing pasta dishes soon.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see another Restaurant in Bettystown and an Italian would be great.

I just think the place is saturated with eateries

You are 15 mins drive from Drogheda which has a great selection of quality restaurants.

A restaurant may open in the building but it won't last long. Certainly not in this climate.

A restaurant may open in the building but it won't last long. Certainly not in this climate.

Well I do hope you are wrong on this as while there are a lot of "eateries", an actual restaurant is welcome in my humble opinion. :)

Chubi wrote: »
    Well I do hope you are wrong on this as while there are a lot of "eateries", an actual restaurant is welcome in my humble opinion. :)

Can't say I'm not disappointed to see the gym going/gone as at one time it was first class.

However I do hope I'm wrong, it would be nice to have a top quality Italian restaurant close by.

Advertisement