Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it ok to ask a few modding questions? (multi-platform)

• 14-04-2011 2:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I'm sorry if this is inapproiate to ask, i have read the sticky threads but have a few questions (mods please feel free to lock)

I guess I have no where else to begin rather than asking the questions i am curious about :)

Xbox 360 modding
    - I've heard that you can stealth mod a xbox 360. There for if a person played a back-up (legal of course) that the xbox live service would not detect custom firmware?

PSP
    - Can all psp's be modded? ... and is it as simple as it was a while back by paste'in files to a memory stick?

Wii
    This I know a bit about. If under 4.2 fw you can use a bannerbomb hack. How ever is it easy to source games that are required for the 4.3 fw hack?

ps3
    this is something i keep hearing multiple reports on. that the 3.56 is the latest to be hacked .... but the 3.60fw is? :confused:

Sorry for the questions just curious :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Xbox 360s can be 'stealth' modded, but there are no guarantees that you won't be flagged by Microsoft for a banning. And you won't know you've been flagged either - it'll just happen one day when you try to log on. The general consensus around here is mod your drive, stay off live! You're also breaking Live! EULA which forbids modifying your console is any way.

PS3: 3.56 is not hacked, and neither is 3.60. Or if they have been hacked, it's being kept very quiet. There were one or two videos floating around but since then, nothing. For now the buck stops at 3.55 for the PS3 - any higher firmware and you have no options. PS3 firmware is being detected and PSN is out of bounds if you do modify your console.

Wii: Very easy, the Lego Indiana Jones exploit was implemented for Lego Star Wars, Lego Batman and other Lego games in January. As such the value of these discs have gone way down, there are plenty in circulation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

Thanks TouchingVirus,

about the wii hack using indiana jones (etc)
    if that drops the firmware back down, what if someone wants to buy a new game and play it? will that force a firmware update to be played?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

whatsamsn wrote: »
    Thanks TouchingVirus,

about the wii hack using indiana jones (etc)
    if that drops the firmware back down, what if someone wants to buy a new game and play it? will that force a firmware update to be played?

Hi, You can install software on your Wii called Priloader which can block disc and internet based updates from what I can remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

the idea (mostly) when you softmod, you wont need to use the regular disc channel anymore ! there are alternatives :D

Advertisement