Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2011

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

That has to be one of the most strangest and yet entertaining 1st halves of Basketball that I've ever seen. popcorn.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

lebronmissing.jpg

Those zookeeper ads are shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Barea on Lebron LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Miami looking like the pressure is getting to them. A 4th quarter from Dirk that's been typical of this series and Larry O Brien is heading to Dallas. He needs to be more aggressive in getting to the line. Can't believe he's only been to the line for technicals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Denners.ie

Miami do not deserve to win the championship. Mavs defence has been exceptional and Heat look clueless at times on offence. Worthy champions.

Congrats to the Mavs. They really figured out how to expose this Miami team on their own court. A combo of that and Miami buckling under the pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I could only be happier if it was the Bulls. Mavs deserve this. Dirk and Kidd deserve it.

Congratulations to the Dallas Mavericks :D

Delighted for Dirk and for Kidd finally getting a ring at the age of 38!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Miami really buckled after game 3 in this series, great play though from the Mavs and especially Dirk with all the issues to win. Delighted Dirk, Marion, Terry and Kidd got their rings. They really deserve them.

• Advertisement

The playoff MVP will be in an interesting call. Does it go to Dirk, kidd on the winning team or give to it Wade who has been exceptional through the post season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Wow. How poor were the Heat in the 4th quarter. Barely put up a fight when the going got tough. Major choke.

So In Mahinmi, Brian Cardinal & Corey Brewer have more rings then LeBron James.:pac::pac:

Oh and this had to be posted for the giggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The playoff MVP will be in an interesting call. Does it go to Dirk, kidd on the winning team or give to it Wade who has been exceptional through the post season.
    has to be Dirk, if it was Kidd I'd be ecstatic because I'd get €660 but it goes 1. Dirk 2. Terry 3. Wade for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Well done to Dallas Mavericks! Great series and they were deserving winners.

How do you think the Heat will bounce back next season?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Not 1
    Not 2
    Not 3
    Not 4

NONE HOMIE

lebron%20sad%20face.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1278637269129

Liam O wrote: »
    has to be Dirk, if it was Kidd I'd be ecstatic because I'd get €660 but it goes 1. Dirk 2. Terry 3. Wade for me...

Actually i'd agree with you about Terry being ahead of Kidd. Completely forgot about the best 6th man in the league.

As happy as I am about Dirk finally getting his ring, I'm even more happy for Kidd. One of my favourite players of the last decade and a top 5 all time PG imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

YYYYYYYYEEEEESSSSS!!! :D

Been rooting against the Heat for most of this series but forget that, it's about the Mavs winning their first ever championship, great players like Dirk & Jason Kidd getting their rings & on a night when Dirk's shot was off, the rest of the team coming through. Real fairytale stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Mavs bench is too good, I guess other teams should start thinking about hiring more than 5 great players from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Absolutely delighted the Mav's won! Just shows money doesn't guarantee championships!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Justice for 2006!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭slick89

Great touch by Cuban letting the original owner collect the trophy. He also finished his interview quickly and said he wasn't the person they should be talking to and brought over Carlisle. Has got a lot of criticism in the past but well done him!

dallas-mavs-526-5-061211.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

kmart6 wrote: »
    Absolutely delighted the Mav's won! Just shows money doesn't guarantee championships!

Eh? Mavs payroll is just as maxed out as Heats :)

Da GOAT wrote: »
    Eh? Mavs payroll is just as maxed out as Heats :)

Reckon his reference is more so down to the splashing out in one go and then the big deal about them whereas the Mavs built a strong team from the bench up to starters over time. I'm sure ye got that though.

Advertisement