Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2011

Options

Comments

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to be any game on ESPN or ESPN America tonight... So get crackin with the Linkage at game time, please lads :)

go here to this forum, click on the thread titled "NBA today 18th April (or whatever date it is) that is stickied at the top, inside it will give you multiple links to any game on.

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/55143-NBA-Today!-April-18th-Playoffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

#15 wrote: »
    FFS, someone needs to tell the Lakers that the playoffs have started. They look like they don't give a shít what happens. :mad:

After last nights game I'd be concerned about your lack mental stamina/hunger. The last team to threepeat before this Laker's squad was the 2000-02 team, and that just shows how difficult it is. In fact the only team to have made four consecutive Finals appearances was Bill Russell's Celtic's.

I still think you guys have the talent but the lack of desire is pretty noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Lakers will still get through, even using minimal effort. If they carry that lack of desire on to the series against the Thunder, though, they'll be making an unexpected exit. But I wouldn't expect them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Sea Devils wrote: »
    After last nights game I'd be concerned about your lack mental stamina/hunger. The last team to threepeat before this Laker's squad was the 2000-02 team, and that just shows how difficult it is. In fact the only team to have made four consecutive Finals appearances was Bill Russell's Celtic's.

I still think you guys have the talent but the lack of desire is pretty noticeable.

True.

I wonder if some of the players have tuned PJ out now that they know he definitely won't be around next season...

Looks like Lamar Odom is gonna win 6th man of the year today. No links yet.

Edit: And it's official.

Also saw that Howard won his 3rd consecutive defensive player of the year award. Just looking at that list it's a perfect example of why sportswriters have no business voting for these awards. I think KG definitely deserved it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Happy for Odom. Key part of the Lakers title runs. Could have made more money and put up better stats elsewhere.
    He's not exactly being a martyr by playing in LA for millions of dollars, but still, he has made a sacrifice of sorts:D

You wouldn't know it going by the box score but Kobe's actually having a good game, His ball denial and man defense on CP3 has been superb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Good scrapy physical game, Lakers won't go anywhere in these playoffs unless Gasol gets his act together

Maybe Gasol has some kind of injury or something because what happened there was pathetic. Gray takes the shot on one side of the rim, misses, and beats Pau to the ball despite starting on the other side of him. :o

Very ugly game although it's obvious the Lakers defense is much improved. The Hornets scored 31 less points then game 1.

Despite Kobe not doing much offensively and Gasol playing terrible , when you give up 78 points, you're not gonna lose very often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,285 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm starting to fancy Oklahoma for the WC after watching the Lakers. They just don't look like the hunger is there. They should get past NO but really the way they are playing I just can't see them staying with the Thunder if they meet them. I'm not ruling out the Spurs either but the Thunder really do look like real contenders to me this year.

Its just impossible to call the EC. Bulls look the best right now but you just can't rule out the Heat, Celtics or even the Magic.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm starting to fancy Oklahoma for the WC after watching the Lakers. They just don't look like the hunger is there. They should get past NO but really the way they are playing I just can't see them staying with the Thunder if they meet them. .

I think the one advantage of playing a team like the Hornets is that they have time to get their act together before playing the likes of the Thunder. There definitely not in playoff form either though.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Pacers just can't close out a game :(
    Have to win one for pride at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

celtics just put the knicks to the sword. Rondo triple double, ray allen with 8 3-pointers. 70 points for pierca and allen combined. Oh my i'm a happy camper right now

Shame really. I was hoping that would be a far more competitive series then it's turned out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Celtics all but through. And Shaq still to come back... Hmmmmm :cool:

I find it rather interesting that Derrick Rose shot 44.5 FG% and 33.2 3pt% from the field during the year, is currently shooting 35.4 FG% and 18.5 3pt% in the playoffs so far, and yet everyone slobbers all over him and no one gives him crap for it. He deserves the props that he gets and I honestly don't care about those percentages, but I've heard A LOT of people root their arguments for how good a player is in their shooting efficiency in the past several years. Rose seems impervious to that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Wow! Game of the playoffs so far! Blazers come back from 23 points down in the 2nd half to beat Dallas. Delighted for Brandon Roy, fighting back tears on the bench after playing only 8 mins in game 2. They went to him all the way down the stretch, and he hit everything (8/9 shooting in the 4th quarter) including a 4-point play with a minute to go!

Typical Mavs. Add that to their ever increasing list of chokes during the playoffs :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

• Advertisement

The art of trash talking by Player X

Player X is an NBA player who's anonymously writing articles about the NBA for ESPN. Here are some excerpts from this article. I don't have insider, so if anyone else does, let us know if there are any interesting ones.

Garnett is a punk and a coward. I know, I know. Easy for me to say behind this column. Don't worry, I'll tell him to his face, too. And I'm not the only one who thinks that: If you're not on his team, chances are you hate the guy. You can learn a lot about him by watching his eyes. If he's talking to you -- and he's always talking -- he avoids eye contact. My advice to other guys in the league: Stare him down, and he'll retreat. From what I've seen, he'll never mix it up with a player who's bigger than he is. Personally, I think he's scared to fight -- like a playground bully who barks but doesn't bite.
    The Lakers aren't as good at it, but the defending champs have an edge over most other teams because Kobe can talk with the best of them while he lights you up and Ron Artest is just weird. One reason he's a great defender is he'll get way too close and whisper in your ear.

Want to get to "The King" and some other prime-time players? Here's one man's go-to material: Drop a "you're riding coattails" on LeBron or remind him he bailed on the Cavs to buy a ring. Mention Dwight Howard's J -- or lack of one; it never fails to piss him off. Call Kobe a fake Jordan. (Just beware you may get posterized for the rest of the game.) Don't bother with Tim Duncan; dude can't hear a thing and never gets rattled. But feel free to remind Tony Parker that "Eva is fine"; wives are over the line, but not exes. Tell Pierce his one ring was all luck. Then have one of your bigger guys step to KG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Some turn around by the Knicks. Carter has changed the game completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Some turn around by the Knicks. Carter has changed the game completely.

not enough though thankfully. Celtics really fell asleep for most of the 4th. You'd assume celtics Miami next sunday and you'd really assume shaq will be back.

Oh let the fun times roll. Lets see Philly drag miami to a game 7

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

bosgton have renewed the faith i lost, hopefully be a great series against the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Da GOAT wrote: »
    bosgton have renewed the faith i lost, hopefully be a great series against the heat.

Yup, they been lying in the long grass a little bit so far... methinks they gonna get it done this year!

The Spurs in deep trouble against Memphis. I remember they got a little flak for tanking their last game of the season to play the Spurs and now look at them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I would love to see Memphis do well in the playoffs, they don't really have a superstar on their team, just great depth, great defence and it looks like the players are all putting 100% effort in. Amazing really since they are missing Rudy Gay. They play the winners of DEN and OKC in the next round which would be really hard to predict.

I think the Thunder would dispose of them in 5 or 6, too many weapons, but then again I didn't see them beating Spurs 3 times.

For a guy that was looked at as a loser and cancer a few seasons ago, Randolph is showing himself to be a very, very good player. He's very effective, and has a sweet low post game. Excellent rebounder also. Never thought he would be this good due to his character and querstionable mentality earlier in his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 elpistolero

was waiting on okc to win a bet last night cant believe they lost, thinking hawks and hornets tonight, hawks will have a good chance not sure about hornets @ lakers though, what y'all think?

• Advertisement

I'd strongly favour the Lakers tonight (although I would love it if I were wrong). Hawks are more likely to win than Hornets, although I'd still be going with Magic tonight as it's do-or-die for them.

Wouldn't go betting on the Hornets winning tonight, although don't blame me if they win!

Advertisement