Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Galvardi

I'm new here, eventually somewhere I can speak about the playoffs. I know two people with any interest in it, almost started talking to myself about it!

I can see two series ending tonight. Think Spurs will go back to Memphis, I think that will be the only series live after tomorrow night as well. Hawks outplayed Magic in the games I saw though it looks like Magic played a great team game last night. Overall predictions are Lakers/ OKC and Bulls/Heat. Tough to call from there. Form versus experience from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Spurs just got incredibly unlucky, really feel bad for them there...

think I spoke too soon :o incredible shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Just an incredible shot by Gary Neal. It's going to be very interesting to see how the Grizzlies can recover mentally before game 6 especially since they have outplayed and out coached the Spurs in this series before then suffering a tough loss like that.

The Nuggets game was pretty brutal too. Giving up a nine point lead with three minutes left.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭slick89

I see Russell Westbrook is getting a lot of flak for his performance at the close of game 4 with the Nuggets, trying to be the hero by throwing up shots but he lost them the game..if anyone should be throwing up shots it should be The Durantula! Westbrook will have revert to team player if the Thunder are to have a chance of going all the way!

CP3 is a great player, but last night was a good example of why I'd take Derrick Rose ahead of him. His team was having a ton of trouble getting open shots, and he never tried to impose his will on the game at any point. Just went quietly into the night. He played a similar game in the critical Game 3.

Rose is the kind of guy that's going to try to take over a game if his team is struggling like that. Durant too. (game 5 was ridiculous) Those are the kinda guys that win a lot in this league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

haven't seen recent games but intend to pick it up from here onwards..

still likely that the lakers will waltz into the finals and pick off whoever makes it on the otehr side?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Randolph can really turn it on, was just unreal at times tonight. Great result for Memphis and basketball in general too.

Randolph can really turn it on, was just unreal at times tonight. Great result for Memphis and basketball in general too.

Yeah Randolph was incredible down the stretch. He definitely seems to be playing a lot more to his strengths and has stopped taking outside shots to the point where he's automatic around the Basket . He's playing a lot more focused then he used to be.

Surprising he's still only 29 years old.

On a unrelated note, I wish ESPN would update their listings a little quicker. I was hoping they would show game one of the Celtics Heat series on Sunday Night but they have an Italian Soccer match penciled in instead. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 the candy man

good to see OKC doing so well, you need a team outside the usual suspects to mix it up a bit. im predicting an OKC vs Bulls final. Bulls to win

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Any streams for todays games ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any links for Miami V Boston tonight please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ultra Sonic

memphis and okc can be seen here right now from some of the links

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/55792-NBA-Today!-May-1st-Playoffs

Hopefully the Celtics game will also been shown here at 8:30, ESPN coverage has been pretty poor tbh, I thought the least they would do is show live games that are on at prime time in Europe e.g. 8:30 on Sunday night!

This stream is epically good :)

http://basketballclubhd.yolasite.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Another fully deserved win by Memphis, they are very refreshing to watch and play good solid smart basketball.
    Now for the Celtics to do Miami.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Celtics-Heat, 9.30 our time, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Celtics-Heat, 9.30 our time, yeah?

8:30, it's on now.

-Wheeler- wrote: »
    8:30, it's on now.

Yikes! Thanks...

Boston never looked as old as they look right now... They need the big man back, badly.

Rondo being in foul trouble and the Celtics playing bad halfcourt defense isn't helping their cause at all but the officiating has been pretty bad too. Pierce got tossed for that?. :confused:

Very poor officiating but no excuses for the C's, too many turnovers, especially with LBJ and D Wade ready to punish them.
    When Rondo is on his game I believe nobody in the east can beat them, if he's not on his game they flop.
    A little bit to work on for the C's but they have nothing to fear in this series if they dust of the rust and cut down TOs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Memphis making it look almost easy! Just watched the highlights and their ball movement is so good, they get open layups and short jumpers constantly just by passing to the open man.

Memphis is an interestingly constructed team. They're really not that good in terms of interior defense...which is a rarity amongst teams that make it to this point...but their perimeter defense is superb and they force a lot of turnovers that lead to easy buckets. Then if they're in the half court, both Randolph and Gasol are obviously effective scorers.

They've an offensive team on the interior and a defensive team on the perimeter. Just the opposite of what a lot of really good teams have been. Very interesting squad.

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Memphis is an interestingly constructed team. They're really not that good in terms of interior defense...which is a rarity amongst teams that make it to this point...but their perimeter defense is superb and they force a lot of turnovers that lead to easy buckets. Then if they're in the half court, both Randolph and Gasol are obviously effective scorers.

They've an offensive team on the interior and a defensive team on the perimeter. Just the opposite of what a lot of really good teams have been. Very interesting squad.

Its scary how could they would be if Gay was healthy

I'm actually in two minds about the Celtics chances after Game 1. Sure, they lost - but they played poorly for long stretches, had RR in foul trouble, were missing Shaq and were the victims of some questionable fouls... yet, they made a couple of runs and got themselves back in the game and were only 9 away in the end.

I think we're looking at a good ol-fashioned Eastern Conference blood n guts seven-game series here folks...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Have ESPN announced what games they have this week?

From nba.com for this weeks games
    http://www.nba.com/schedules/international_nba_tv_schedule.html?RID=34&cName=United%20Kingdom

ESPN Wed. 5/04/2011 2:30 AM Memphis @ Oklahoma City
    ESPN Wed. 5/04/2011 12:00 AM Boston @ Miami
    ESPN Thu. 5/05/2011 3:30 AM Dallas @ L.A. Lakers
    ESPN Sat. 5/07/2011 2:30 AM L.A. Lakers @ Dallas
    ESPN Sat. 5/07/2011 12:00 AM Chicago @ Atlanta
    ESPN Sun. 5/08/2011 1:00 AM Miami @ Boston

• Registered Users Posts: 15,244 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Bulls lose and Derrick rolls his ankle with 2 seconds left.

Worst night ever.

It's good that their schedule has finally been updated. Was starting to worry a little bit.:)

Lakers really should have won that game. Just a flat out choke job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭slick89

Rose shouldn't have even been bothered with defending crawford..a few seconds to go, 8 points down so didn't make a difference. Could come back to haunt the bulls if it's serious!

Advertisement