Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Jeez, Phil Jackson's players let him down badly tonight. Completely folded and then those unnecessary cheap shots in the 4th quarter when the game was over. It won't tarnish his legacy, but what a sad sight to see him walking off the court for possibly the last time, after that performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭slick89

Yeah, it was embarrassing what Odom and Bynum did towards the end. Must be odds on for Howard to go to the Lakers this summer now? Orlando surely wouldn't want to risk him leaving for nothing next summer would they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

That was just a low class move by Bynum. I think he'll get at least a 5 game suspension for that. It's a shame because he was the only Laker player who I thought played well up until that point.

Very unfortunate way for Phil Jackson to leave if that is his last game. :(. A coaching icon to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Watched this game last night and the Lakers were abysmal. As for Odom and Bynum, trying to be the bully when the series is over is really tough. Hope Bynum gets a long ban for his cheap shot as he has previous on this type of 'move'.

On Barea? Coward's play.

Watch how Beasley falls in the camera angle from behind the basket - seriously lucky he didn't do major damage to his arm/shoulder/elbow. And Bynum only got a 1 game ban for that!

And Gerald Wallace....

• Registered Users Posts: 38,288 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Rajon with one arm is better than most players with two.:)

• Advertisement

in for a great finish now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Holy Smokes, are we in the Playoffs or what?! Great game here...

overtime baby!

overtime baby!

Yup, bad last play by Boston but they're hanging in there - nobody getting nothin easy in this series... I think if it goes 2-2 tonight, we're looking at seven games.

Boston are trying to set some kinda record here for the worst-played OT period in Playoff history. This Series is over. F*CK SAKE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Just don't see how this tired banged up Boston team gonna take 2 games in Miami. This series is done. Time to try hedge outta my series bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Jebus, I am exhausted after that game, can't imagine how some of the players feel. Just loving Memphis at the moment despite the loss, love their ball movement at times and they are just refreshing to watch, great series with more to come.

Westbrook is really out of control at the moment. I know it was triple OT and all but 33 FG attempts without even deferring to Durant and the amount of bad decisions he made in crunch time were ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

the heat experiment has worked.
    all hail lebron, the real king of the NBA - past, present and future

Boston a shadow of what they were tbf, the real test will be in the conference finals..I think the bulls will have just too much for them, once they don't screw up with the hawks..at least I hope so!

Unless Boston pulls out a miraculous comeback, this will be the first time since Jordan retired that neither Shaq, Kobe, nor Duncan will be in the Finals :eek:

1999-Duncan
    2000- Kobe/Shaq
    2001- Kobe/Shaq
    2002- Kobe/Shaq
    2003- Duncan
    2004- Kobe/Shaq
    2005- Duncan
    2006- Shaq
    2007- Duncan
    2008- Kobe
    2009- Kobe
    2010- Kobe

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

First time I check NBA in years, and first thing I see is dirty Lakers play.

Back to rugby.

Ah you should give it a chance man, pretty rare something like that happens. Gonna be a really exciting conference finals, especially in the east and seeing who can stop the Heat. You should try following that.
    As a Bulls fan I think we can do it, think it would go the 7 though especially after seeing how tight the regular season series was. Bulls won all 3 but was by an accumulative total of something like 4 points!

Looking forward to the 2 games on ESPN tonight.

Hopefully the bulls get the job done tomorrow because I don't think I could take a game 7 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,288 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I was too gutted to post at the end of the game the other night. A few things that were clear though were that Rondo while very brave is not the same player right now with this injury and Garnett is incapable of giving his very best in two tough games in a row so close together. Boston should have won that game in regular time the other night, the play that was called was terrible ending up with Pierce(who was immense on the night) trying to beat LeBron with a jump shot that he is not that good at. I think that loss has to go on Doc Rivers, a bad last playcall, leaving Rajon on the floor for so long when it was clear the The Truth was in the mood to play guard and would have been a lot better in that position. Jeff Green didn't get huge time on the floor despite looking very good when he was out there. And while it was clear that Shaq was not fully fit, if you had Pierce, West, Allen and Garnett on the floor at one time then he is going to get room inside but they never even tried that.

Anyways imo the series is done because while we can take one game in Miami its just really clear that we are not going to have Rondo at this best for the remainder of the series and then Garnett is going to be up and down in games that are close together so its all on Pierce and you can't expect him to beat LeBron and Flash on his own.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    I was too gutted to post at the end of the game the other night. A few things that were clear though were that Rondo while very brave is not the same player right now with this injury and Garnett is incapable of giving his very best in two tough games in a row so close together. Boston should have won that game in regular time the other night, the play that was called was terrible ending up with Pierce(who was immense on the night) trying to beat LeBron with a jump shot that he is not that good at. I think that loss has to go on Doc Rivers, a bad last playcall, leaving Rajon on the floor for so long when it was clear the The Truth was in the mood to play guard and would have been a lot better in that position. Jeff Green didn't get huge time on the floor despite looking very good when he was out there. And while it was clear that Shaq was not fully fit, if you had Pierce, West, Allen and Garnett on the floor at one time then he is going to get room inside but they never even tried that.

Anyways imo the series is done because while we can take one game in Miami its just really clear that we are not going to have Rondo at this best for the remainder of the series and then Garnett is going to be up and down in games that are close together so its all on Pierce and you can't expect him to beat LeBron and Flash on his own.

I got the impression at the time that the wrong play was run, or the play was just messed up. I think the announcers said Allen was supposed to screen for Pierce to go right and get to the top of the key?

That never happened and Pierce had to go left and force a shot.

Rondo also blew a lay-up towards the end of normal time that could have decided the game - Heat went right down the other end and scored.

Rondo is gonna have to "do a Jason Kidd" if he's to become a top player. As long as he can't jump shoot, he will be seriously hampered. If he learns to shoot the way Kidd did (thousand jumpers a day, I'm sure!) then he will become a serious threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

conno16 wrote: »
    the heat experiment has worked.
    all hail lebron, the real king of the NBA - past, present and future

I couldn't agree more, I really hope he gets the ring he deserves this year.
    If anyone is doubting LeBron's talent just look at Cleveland since he left.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

im a lebron hater, im gonna cry (more) when boston are kicked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Celtics really making a game of it tonight. If they can get a game 6 situation going with a win tonight it's not a bad situation to be in. Nothing to lose and try get it back to Boston.

Celtics blow it in the 4th quarter with some unnecessary turn overs and Lebron with 2 great 3 pointers towards the end.

So thats Dallas and the heat through to the conference finals so far

I hope Oklahoma get through and of course the bulls :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I couldn't agree more, I really hope he gets the ring he deserves this year.
    If anyone is doubting LeBron's talent just look at Cleveland since he left.

I don't think LeBrons talent was ever in question, more so his attitude and behaviour and maybe the fact he had to go to Miami and join Wade plus Bosh to a lesser extent in order to gain a ring.
    I would much rather see someone like Dirk get a ring but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

You can't really blame Rivers when the players fail to execute the play. It was also the same play they ran in Game 1 of the Knicks Series where Ray Allen hit the three to win the game, but this time they ran it on the other side of the floor. Hard to even tell who messed it up between Allen and Garnett. Still though, I'd have prefered if Pierce took it to the hole instead of pulling up. At least if he drove hard, they'd have a chance of drawing a foul and getting to the line. Hated seeing the C's lose, but they had their chances in the last 2 games and didn't take them.

Have to admit to being surprised by how well the Heat played in the Series, though I'd still argue it would have been different if the Celtics hadn't made the dumbest trade in the history of trades. The Celtics were out-rebounded in every game bar one and were beaten up and down the floor offensively and defensively in pretty much every game. Perkins may not have helped much in terms of speed, but the boards and the paint would have been different areas had he played.

Re. LeBron, in fairness, I don't think anyone doubted his talent. It was his heart and ego people were critical of. And his hubris. And the decision. And the way he handled himself at the time. Even if he wins a ring this year, I think people will (fairly) say it's a little tarnished as he joined Wade and (the much lesser talented) Bosh to win it. Imagine if Jordan had left the Bulls after 7 years of winning nothing? One-team players have a higher rep. in pro-sports because they stick with their teams through the bad times and the good. What LeBron did was selfish and smacks of "me, me, me"; and I hate what he did to the Cleveland franchise, putting it 10 years backwards by leaving (and I'm not a Cleveland fan).

All NBA teams...

1st Team

G: Derrick Rose
    G: Kobe Bryant
    F: Kevin Durant
    F: LeBron James
    C: Dwight Howard

2nd Team

G: Dwyane Wade
    G: Russell Westbrook
    F: Dirk Nowitzki
    F: Pau Gasol
    C: Amare Stoudemire

3rd Team

G: Manu Ginobili
    G: Chris Paul
    F: LaMarcus Aldridge
    F: Zach Randolph
    C: Al Horford

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Dirk over Durant in my opinion, Dirk has had such a good year. Zach Randolph over Stoudamire maybe in the 2nd team. The rest of them seem about right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Sitting-Bull

Great D from the Bulls tonight, bring on the heat in the eastern conference final...

If we can even only keep one of there 'big 3' (the easiest being Bosh)out of his game... the heat will need someone else to step up apart from James and Wade, which i can't really see happening?

The Bulls have only 1 star, but we have good depth and have a very good team

Advertisement