Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Sea Devils wrote: »
    All NBA teams...

1st Team

G: Derrick Rose
    G: Kobe Bryant
    F: Kevin Durant
    F: LeBron James
    C: Dwight Howard

2nd Team

G: Dwyane Wade
    G: Russell Westbrook
    F: Dirk Nowitzki
    F: Pau Gasol
    C: Amare Stoudemire

3rd Team

G: Manu Ginobili
    G: Chris Paul
    F: LaMarcus Aldridge
    F: Zach Randolph
    C: Al Horford

Gasol had a good season, but he had a shocking Playoffs. Durant is the darling of the NBA as he's a legit star on it's newest team/franchise and won the scoring title for the second straight year but I'd take Dirk over him at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Another great Memphis performance with Randolph just giving an exhibtion at times on how to score, he wasn't just hot, he was working really hard to work the defender, great foot work and body movement, he was also working really hard on the defensive end grabbing big rebounds.

Thunder should be able to adjust and take game 7 but I hope the Grizzlies win it.
    Someone has to tell me which player is the leader of the Thunder cos Westbrook seems to think he is by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Another great Memphis performance with Randolph just giving an exhibtion at times on how to score, he wasn't just hot, he was working really hard to work the defender, great foot work and body movement, he was also working really hard on the defensive end grabbing big rebounds.

Thunder should be able to adjust and take game 7 but I hope the Grizzlies win it.
    Someone has to tell me which player is the leader of the Thunder cos Westbrook seems to think he is by the looks of it

Westbrooks is playing very selfishly at the moment and whilst he may not cost them the series v the Grizzlies, he will against the Mavs if he doesn't share the ball a lot more. He needs to learn his role on the team (esp. as he's the point guard) and that he has a Top 5 player in the league on his team. Seems to me like he has a major inferiority complex re. Durant and that situation is going to explode at some stage. As I posted previously, the sports press in the US have been saying all year he's going to the Lakers when his current contract is up.

It is SO frustrating playing with a point guard who wants to score first, pass second. With the league leading scorer on your team, why not just take the assists off his baskets and lead the league in assists as a PG Russell? He averaged 6.4 assists this year which is very average for a starting PG. He must have a LeBron-like ego.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Westbrooks is playing very selfishly at the moment and whilst he may not cost them the series v the Grizzlies, he will against the Mavs if he doesn't share the ball a lot more. He needs to learn his role on the team (esp. as he's the point guard) and that he has a Top 5 player in the league on his team. Seems to me like he has a major inferiority complex re. Durant and that situation is going to explode at some stage. As I posted previously, the sports press in the US have been saying all year he's going to the Lakers when his current contract is up.

It is SO frustrating playing with a point guard who wants to score first, pass second. With the league leading scorer on your team, why not just take the assists off his baskets and lead the league in assists as a PG Russell? He averaged 6.4 assists this year which is very average for a starting PG. He must have a LeBron-like ego.

I think his ego is way worse then Lebrons . As you have said RW is playing with a top 5 player and league leader in scoring , yet he can only manage a haf dozen assists per game ? Lebron is also playing with one of the best players in the league , he managed 7 assists playing and putting up 26.7 ppg .

PS : ESPN has it that Westbrook had 8 assists per game this season ?

I think his ego is way worse then Lebrons . As you have said RW is playing with a top 5 player and league leader in scoring , yet he can only manage a haf dozen assists per game ? Lebron is also playing with one of the best players in the league , he managed 7 assists playing and putting up 26.7 ppg . He is a two time mvp , he has a reason for his ego . Westbrook is a poor mans Derrick Rose at best , and that is pushing it in my opinion . Can you imagine the numbers a Steve Nash / Kevin Durant combo would put up ?

PS : ESPN has it that Westbrook had 8 assists per game this season ?

• Advertisement

The 2 games are on ESPN tonight.

As other have said - Westbrook would want to check his ego before the thunders game because if he does some of the selfish things hes done already in this playoff series oklahoma could be going out.

Hopefully the bulls get off to a good start especially cause the first game is at home.

Really looking forward to both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Delighted to be in the Eastern Conference finals for the first time since 1998.

While Heat fans seem to think they have the Championship won, after defeating an aging and banged-up Celtics, I'm quietly confident.

Home court, underdogs, I like the match-ups....Deng defends LeBron as well as anyone, with no offensive threat from the Heat's centre position, they can put Noah on Bosh. Wade will have an advantage at SG but the Bulls are good help-defenders. They also defend the 3-point line well which is where the only real Heat bench points come from.

A lot of the Heat's rebounding advantage in earlier series have come from opposing defenders getting out of position on double-teams. I don't think the Bulls will need to double-team as much, and when they do, are good at getting back in position.

The Bulls also have more options to change if things aren't going well. Taj Gibson is a good replacement for Boozer, Korver & Brewer will be rotated with Bogans, and they have different options at the center position, with Kurt Thomas starting a lot of games this season and Asik a good defensive presence off the bench. If things aren't going well for the Heat, they don't have nearly as many options to change things around.

The Bulls difficulty will be on offense and the Heat are a good defensive team. How well the Bulls offense works, and specifically how players other than Rose fare, will probably decide the series. Here again I'm optimistic: Boozer hasn't had a good playoffs so far but he's been against strong front-lines of Hibbert/Hansborough, Horford/Josh Smith. Miami's defensive strength isn't in their front line, it's more on the perimeter, so I think Boozer may have better opportunities in this series. Boozer also showed signs of improvement in the close-out game against the Hawks, finishing top-scorer in the game.

The Bulls will need to start quick, home teams are often most vulnerable in game 1, but are coming in in good form, with games 3 & 6 against the Hawks being two of their best playoff performances.

It won't be easy, they'll need to play better than they have in the first two series. But I liked their demeanour coming off the court after game 6 in Atlanta. There was no whooping it up, unlike me, this Bulls team aren't just happy to be in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Bill Simmons pretty much tweeted the words outta my mouth . The Thunder are either gonna win this game by 15 points or lose .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jesus, the feed is shocking on ESPN at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Gone now :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Yep can't view it here either. So dissapointing.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Top Dog

FFS. The feeds gone again on ESPN like the earlier game :mad:

EDIT Just came back

Miami 82 - 103 Chicago :D

A long way to go but a great start.

Hopefully ESPN show most of if not all of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Hard luck to Memphis, was always going to be an uphill task trying to win game 7 on the road but they can hold their heads up high after these playoffs.
    Thunder will have to improve if they want to win the championship and get a bit more direction or fluency to their game. Westbrook has to lose the attitude and Durrant has to become more aggresive and show he wants to lead this team.

Delighted the Bulls won, they were just the better TEAM, I like Eric Spoelstra but I don't think he gets no where near the same respect as Thibodeu gets off his players. Even teams with great players need a great coach that they will listen to and work hard for.

I think Miami would be wise to have LeBron or Wade come in to help on the defensive boards. They were trying to get out into transition in Game 1 (which is understandable since Chicago's set defense is very good), so LeBron & Wade weren't really in the position to help, but they got burned by giving up a ton of offensive boards. I think one of them is gonna stay back and help out in Game 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,244 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

When Taj put back that CJ 3 attempt I just started shouting like the TNT guys. Not smart that late/early but I don't care! :D

Deng was just awesome last night defensively. I've never been his biggest fan but last night he had Bron wrapped around his finger.

Hate the gap between games now :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Lirange

The draft lottery is tonight. It will probably done at halftime of the game as in previous years.

With the way this draft class is shaping up to be like, it might one of the weakest draft classes in years. I really wish Harrison Barnes had declared.:(

• Advertisement

Cleveland Cavaliers win the 1st pick in the draft.

They will have 2 of the top 4 picks.

Happy for the Cavaliers after the whole Lebron affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cleveland with the 1st and 4th draft picks. Looks like Kyrie Irving will be picked 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

C'mon dallas and dirk!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

jimpump wrote: »
    C'mon dallas and dirk!!!!!!!

DN is a sick sick human being :D

hope ya mean 'Sick' in a yank way! HA

• Registered Users Posts: 38,288 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If the Thunder pull off the comeback here it will be 'sick' in every language.

eagle eye wrote: »
    If the Thunder pull off the comeback here it will be 'sick' in every language.

+1 dont think they will, OT would be nice though

GG thunder

• Registered Users Posts: 38,288 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well its game over now, phenomenal show from Dirk. 24 from 24 at the FT line, wow just wow is all I can say. One of the greatest individual performances I've ever seen.

• Advertisement

OKC will win in 7....they will know to double up on dirk next match

Advertisement