Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Great performance by Dirk & The Mavericks,had them backed on the handicap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

jimpump wrote: »
    OKC will win in 7....they will know to double up on dirk next match

The problem there is that Dirk is proving to be absolutely unguardable. Even if they double him he can always kick it out to an open shooter.

He's been on a whole different level in these Playoffs and last nights performance was just remarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Have only just seen the highlights on NBA Tonight. Wow, is all I can say really. What a performance by Dirk - any other night, we're talking about Durant's 40 - but Dirk steals the show. Amazing and, as Sea Devil said, simply unguardable...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 elpistolero

48$ each for a 6 pack of Red Bull?.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 elpistolero

Sea Devils wrote: »
    48$ each for a 6 pack of Red Bull?.:eek:
    And i thought temple bar on a saturday was bad

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any streams for tonights game please?

EDIT - Found a superb one here if anyone's interested:

http://www.peepshowwatch.tv/live-tv/tnt/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Paully D wrote: »
    Any streams for tonights game please?
    http://extremebasket.weebly.com/ ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

come on bulls !!!!

bulls gonna win baby

• Advertisement

BOOM DENG!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Dayum. Deng with the jumper from center court.

Deng!!!!!

bulls gonna win baby

or maybe not, great defensive display from miami.

no one watching the game tonight? cant wait for more dirk ownage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,288 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Very smart move by Brooks taking Westbrook out of the game in the 4th quarter. Thunder would not have won with the way he was going imo. Coach and bench win the game. Harden came up reallly big.

thunder/mavs tonight anyone staying up to watch it ? should be another top game between these too

chips1234 wrote: »
    thunder/mavs tonight anyone staying up to watch it ? should be another top game between these too

Didn't intend watching but can't feckin sleep! Very ragged start, neither team have got into their offense yet.

Seeing as Boston are out, I hope Dallas win the whole thing. Dirk & Kidd have had outstanding careers & deserve a ring each.

mavs killing the thunder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Top Dog

I've been out of touch with the NBA for a good while, only really getting back into it since the start of the playoffs.

Just wondering if anyone more familiar with the current crop of players could tell me - is Russel Westbrook one of the most selfish PG's playing at the moment? Just stunned watching him during these playoff's with the amount of open team-mates he's ignoring and the amount of bricks he's throwing up instead of passing to the free man.

Am I only getting a skewed picture since I've only watched a handful of games at this stage, or is this typical of him?

Dallas win it, and in fairness they gave Oklahoma every chance to get back into in the 4th but they failed to capitalise.

Its the same old things that hurt the Thunder, too many misses from the outside and poor defensive rebounding.

Top Dog wrote: »
    I've been out of touch with the NBA for a good while, only really getting back into it since the start of the playoffs.

Just wondering if anyone more familiar with the current crop of players could tell me - is Russel Westbrook one of the most selfish PG's playing at the moment? Just stunned watching him during these playoff's with the amount of open team-mates he's ignoring and the amount of bricks he's throwing up instead of passing to the free man.

Am I only getting a skewed picture since I've only watched a handful of games at this stage, or is this typical of him?

Nah, you're right. Westbrook is just playing incredibly selfish at the moment. That game 4 in Denver is a great example where he took 30 shots and demanded the ball from Durant in crunch time rather then allow Durant to take the final game winning shot was just ridiculous. He still has to find the balance between scoring and getting team mates involved which is something all great PG's have managed.

I can't understand how someone like Scott Brooks hasn't gotten him under control at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Westbrook just comes across as incredibly arrogant and a bit of a dick, could be the nicest guy in the world but that's my perception. That would be fair enough if he could back it up consistently but he is not at that level yet in my opinion.
    Even though Kidd may have some not so pleasent incidents in his past, when it comes to basketball he does the right thing and that's what matters for me.
    I wish Durrant had a little more bite to him, more of the Jordan type of competitiveness.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

ah Westbrook has just capitulated in the playoffs a bit imo, his play in the regular season was absolutely fantastic and only second in PGs to Rose imo. The pressure of the playoffs has gotten to him.

People must remember that before this season him and Durant had only played one series of playoff basketball, they have really been thrown in the deep end and while Durant has done ok even he hasn't been at his usual best and they were always going to find it tough against seasoned playoff vets like are present in the Nuggets and Mavs

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

thunder def wont win the title based on westbrooks playoff performances. single handedly has detroyed their offense in 4th quarters.

Da GOAT wrote: »
    thunder def wont win the title based on westbrooks playoff performances. single handedly has detroyed their offense in 4th quarters.

He is playing absolutely out of control, yes - but I must say I'm a bit disappointed in Durant in that he hasn't stepped up and put Westbrooks in his box and told him "this is my team"... they haven't a prayer against the Mavs if Durant doesnt step up and restore order to their offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Lirange

Hopefully the Bulls can take at least one W back to Chi-town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Very solid game from the Heat with a great performance from Bosh but for me I thought LeBrons performance was the one to take note of, he played championship winning basketball by just making the right decisions, not forcing it and stepping it up a gear when needed.

Thought the Bulls got no love off the refs but that's not why they lost.
    Miami look good but iam sure there could be a twist or two yet.

• Advertisement

Well their defense won and the guy that impressed me most last night was Dwayne Wade, his defense was just superb and he was excellent on the offensive end too. Yeah LeBron was really, really good and so was Bosh too but for me Wade was the most impressive.

It looks like they are going to win the series although you can't ever say for certain. One thing I will say for certain is whoever wins this series will beat the winners of the other series. Neither of those teams are good enough on D.

Advertisement