Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,288 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What a comeback by the Mavs tonight and then they take it in overtime. Dirk with 40 points. Westbrook is taking on too many shots, he had 19 points tonight and 8 assists which is better than he has been doing but he was only 7/22 from the floor and thats just not good enough.

Really gotta pity Kevin Durant, 29 points tonight and 15 rebounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Dirk is now my favorite player once again, what an unreal player, just sensational at times. Can't but not feel for Durrant, we must remember they guy is still young, looked in pieces at the press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Really disappointed OKC lost last night, I feel asleep at half-time but thought they would have scrapped over the line in the end. Dallas are basically in the final now as they won't lose 3 in the row.

Hoping for a Chicago win tonight, if Miami win tonight they're basically in the final too.

Come on Bulls! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

LET'S GO CHICAGO!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Dirk is just playing out of this world at the moment. I think that was partly a choke job by the Thunder and partly Dirk making some tough shots down the stretch. Once Harden fouled out the Thunders offense went completely into scramble mode as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭enaeknala1

Wow Dirk is simply a big game player, made some crazy shots in the last few mins of the 4th. Probably should have had two 3 point plays off mid range jumpers aswel. Heat to win easy 2night. I backed the mavs +6 last night at half time. gonna be on the Heat -5 2night! LBJ to have a massive game 2night! Rose will probably turn up ready aswel. Still Heat should do it.! Great playoffs!!

Derrick Rose :eek:

overtime:mad: im tired and want to go to sleep

Well LeBron had a great night but for me Noah was the best player on the floor tonight. They were never going to be able to handle overtime with all the minutes they had played. I don't care how this series ends, the Bulls are tough, they never gave up even with a lot going against them like LeBron just pwning Rose which really hurt them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,244 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Maybe next season :(.

I've never in my 8 or so years following the Bulls been as nervous as I was with a minute left in the 4th. Noah redeemed himself tonight big time. He's been poor this series but tonight he was great.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Derrick Rose :eek:

He definitely didn't play well but I think that was more or less because of the fact that they don't have anyone who can create their own shot which obviously led him to forcing up a lot of bricks. Someone like Jason Richardson is an upcoming FA and I think he'd be an ideal fit for them in that regard.

Mike Brown has agreed to become the next Lakers coach. It's not a terrible hire and he does seem to have an excellent knowledge on how to play team defense but with Adelman available I thought they could have done better.

Interesting that Kobe was surprised about the Lakers hiring him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

He'll have a more all round team then he had at the 1 man show in Cleveland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

DIRK!!!! really hope dallas stomp miami in the finals

Really feel for the Thunder tonight. Westbrook had a great game and that foul that was actually an offensive charge when Oklahoma had a 4 point lead turned out to be huge. I hate when something like that happens in a huge playoff game. The Mavs deserve to be going to the finals and good luck to them but I don't see them having any hope of pulling it off.

On MIke Brown going to the Lakers, its a terrible move for the Lakers imo. I don't rate him at all, for me he struggles to read games and identify whats needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Looking likely now Miami v Dallas Final, (repeat of 2006)
    Gotta say it's going to be some series, 2 strong teams.
    I think the Heat will do it, I feel they're peaking at the right time and have yet to play their best ball. I think there's too much talent for Dallas to control (after all they did buy the championship :p), however I think it will be close and wouldn't be surprised for it to go 7 games. (Only 1 series so far these playoffs have gone 7 games-MEM/OKC).

*Just realised from looking back that Miami came back from 0-2 in that series to win! That's pretty impressive

As soon as Miami do the formalities with Chicago :p I'll set up a poll and ask people for their predictions

jimmay wrote: »
    Gotta say it's going to be some series, 2 strong teams.
    I think the Heat will do it, I feel they're peaking at the right time and have yet to play their best ball. I think there's too much talent for Dallas to control (after all they did buy the championship :p), however I think it will be close and wouldn't be surprised for it to go 7 games. (Only 1 series so far these playoffs have gone 7 games-MEM/OKC).

*Just realised from looking back that Miami came back from 0-2 in that series to win! That's pretty impressive

As soon as Miami do the formalities with Chicago :p I'll set up a poll and ask people for their predictions

Miami/Dallas should be an incredible series. Dallas is probably the best passing team in the league, and Miami probably has the fastest rotations. I think Dallas is gonna hit the shots that Chicago's missing.

But on the other hand...I don't see Dallas having much of an answer for LeBron & Wade on the other end. And you also have the "revenge" factor with the '06 playoffs. Should be a great series.

Come on Chicago! A win tonight and it's game on again, although I can't say I'm too hopeful :(.

They were so close the other night, but LeBron's defence on Rose was too good! I really thought Rose was going to make that last shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

jimmay wrote: »

Yeah.....but Dallas got (a little) screwed in that series. Check out some of the calls that were made in games 3-6.

62-57 to Bulls at the end of the 3rd.

It seems LeBron has been watching too much soccer judging by his antics diving around the court tonight :rolleyes: Although Boozer made sure he had something to complain about at the end of the quarter! The officials have been very harsh on Bulls overall so far IMO.

• Advertisement

secondwind.gif

Ah FFS :mad:

Choked.

We can beat this team. Did it in the regular season multiple times and with a bit more experience we will do it in the playoffs.

Hope the Mavs beat them in the finals now. Dirk deserves a ring and LeBitch doesn't. Awesome faking in the 3rd. Spending too much time around his new players at Liverpool I think.

Bad loser by any chance Oatsey??

Heat won't be beaten in the finals, will win it in 5 I think.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Bad loser by any chance Oatsey??

No :confused:. Every team I've ever followed has been a consistent loser. I've had plenty of time to adjust to following losing teams.

I just believe the Mavs will beat them in the finals. I hope they do because I like Dirk and he deserves a ring. It's not because I'm bitter the heat beat my team.

While I also think Miami will win, I think it'll be closer then people realise.

I actually think their offense will have to be a lot more effective then in the Bulls series to win. Dallas isn't as good as Chicago on the defensive end, but they are going to put a lot more points on the board than the Bulls did. I think that Miami's going to have to score around 95ppg in order to win. It should be interesting to see if they can do that. Kidd, Stevenson, & Marion are all solid perimeter defenders, but I don't know if they have the footspeed or athleticism to hang with LeBron & Wade. And I think the best defense against Dirk these days might be making him work on the other end, and Bosh is capable of doing that.

I also can't wait to how they handle doubling Dirk. He's a tricky guy to double both because of where he operates and because of how tall he is. If that second guy comes to help on Rose, guys like Lebron or Wade can trap him and take away passing lanes because of their size. It's a lot harder to take those lanes away against a 7 footer. That being said, LeBron & Wade are as good as it gets when it comes to deflections, so Dirk/Dallas' margin for error when moving the ball is slim. Dallas' offense vs. Miami's defense is an extremely interesting matchup and I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Should be a great series.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

was really hoping the bulls would win, I think the bulls could have beaten the Mavs in the Finals.
    but anyway - since the heat went through - I think they will definitely win the series against the Mavs.

I think Lebron has been great, and he hasn't crumbled yet (like I thought he would)
    perhaps he is performing better without the pressure of carrying a whole team

Absolute disastrous last 2-3 minutes last night :(

I thought once the lead stretched to 10 in the 4th the bulls would go on and win.

Hope the Mavs win the finals. As others have said id like to see Dirk and Kidd finally get a ring.

Heat will win the final 4-2 IMO. Sickened about last night, what a bad last 2 minutes :mad:

• Advertisement

I think Lebron has been great, and he hasn't crumbled yet (like I thought he would)
    perhaps he is performing better without the pressure of carrying a whole team
    Where did you get this notion that LeBron would crumble? The guy has always been brilliant in the playoffs. The problems he had with the Cavs imo were a coach who couldn't read the game and a less than stellar supporting cast. The reason a lot of people are now disappointed in him is because they wanted to see him drag the Cavs to the Championship and instead he took the easy route by joining another great player.

Advertisement