Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Sitting-Bull

I'm a big fan of D Rose, but he crumbled in the later stages of the last 3 games against the heat :confused:

I hope Dirk goes on and gets his ring, but i think the biggest threat to that is not James, Wade or Bosh... its the officail's

Some of the calls the heat get are an absolute joke

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm a big fan of D Rose, but he crumbled in the later stages of the last 3 games against the heat :confused:

I hope Dirk goes on and gets his ring, but i think the biggest threat to that is not James, Wade or Bosh... its the officail's

Some of the calls the heat get are an absolute joke

I agree he's been poor in most of the 4th quarters, but the thing about Rose is that he's doing all the work. The Heat had three players they could go to who could get hot when the going got tough, but Rose was the only one for the Bulls.

I agree about the calls. Bulls got virtually nothing last night, apart from a couple of debatable calls when the ball went out of play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Sitting-Bull

Paully D wrote: »
    I agree he's been poor in most of the 4th quarters, but the thing about Rose is that he's doing all the work. The Heat had three players they could go to who could get hot when the going got tough, but Rose was the only one for the Bulls.

I agree about the calls. Bulls got virtually nothing last night, apart from a couple of debatable calls when the ball went out of play.

Agreed Paully

Hopefully the Bulls can get another playmaker now, i think we have other players who can get hot, but thats dependent on someone(Rose) creating for them, because they can't create their own shot... its too much to ask Rose to run every play, when he's still learning himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Does anyone else not like the 2-3-2 Finals format?. I know it cuts down on travelling and all but IMO it hampers the team that has to play three straight home games since it's very difficult to beat a very good team three times in a row even on your home floor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 DRose

i was wondering why nobody was posting in the other thread, never occurred to me to search for a playoff thread :rolleyes:
    even though we were outplayed in games 2-5 (well mostly in 4th quarters) im stilll proud of the bulls this season. when watching last year never did i think we would have the best regular season record never mind make it to the conference finals. hopefully gar foreman will make something happen and try get a decent SG so we can push again next season. rose shouldnt blame himself for the heat losses either, he carried that team all season and did the work of a trojan. cant wait for next season. for now i just hope Dirk gets his ring, nobody can argue that the guy deserves it.

• Advertisement

Interesting fact.... only 7 MVPs haven't won a title, and after this year it'll be 6.

1. Charles Barkley
    2. Karl Malone
    3. Allen Iverson
    4. Steve Nash
    5. Derek Rose
    6. Lebron James
    7. Dirk Nowitzki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

thats pretty interesting alright

Off we go !!

Joel Anthony is on Dirk. Interesting decision. He can't guard him, but it saves Bosh & LeBron's legs.

Very scrappy so far.

Fell asleep so missed the entire second half but it's pretty unbelievable that Miami won on the strength of 38.8% shooting...and have the Mavs shoot even worse :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,288 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Thats why I said its gonna be over in five at most. The Heat D is sick good and they will score plenty against a pretty ordinary Mavs D. You need a top D to have any chance against Miami. They've shown with the way they beat a very experienced team in Boston and a young gifted team in Chicago in 5 that its almost impossible to stop them.

haha i fell asleep during halftime too! :rolleyes:

Just wanna ask though, is it just me or does anybody else suddenly not like the look of Boozers contract anymore?

Game 2 here we go - another scrappy but somewhat comfortable win for Heat is what I expect. Dirk's finger doesn't look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Any good links for this lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Anyone got a good stream?

This is decent quality but it's a bit behind.

28-28 at the end of the 1st. Great 3 pointer from LeBron at the end of the quarter!

How hungry do you get after watching these adverts? No wonder American's are generally overweight with all these food ads :pac:

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

turned it off when the heat went 15 or whatever it was up :mad:

That ending saved Jason Terry from some serious criticism. I don't think I've ever seen someone blow a defensive assignment THAT badly on such a critical possession. (Chalmers 3) That was turrrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,288 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wow, I went to bed when I was sure it was over. Some comeback by the Mavs and puts them in a really good position now. Completely shocked by that result.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Oh my f**king GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDd.... are you guys telling me the Mavs come back and WIN this ballgame??? :eek:

I'm sitting here watching the game on Sky-plus, 'live' cos I haven't checked the score, but I'm pushed for time, there's 6:24 left and the Heat are up 15... so I figure it's a blow out and I'm about to stop watching... then I come on here to just to make sure... and I've just ruined one of the best games of the year for myself, haven't I?? :(:(:(

I could cry, and I think I will...

Just watched the final 6:24... I'm speechless and devastated at the same time!

Ah well... LET'S GO MAVS!!! :D :pac:

great. turned it off after the 3rd quarter. :mad:

DRose wrote: »
    great. turned it off after the 3rd quarter. :mad:

Haha... idiot... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Haha... idiot... :pac:
    yeah nobody else was that stupid...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭melb

Epic Dirk-delighted. NBA sucks though compared to college ball and it will be proven to the nth degree if Miami win!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Great win. Dallas needed that because I think Miami are definitely gonna take one game in Texas. Hope I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Don't suppose anyone has a link to a replay of this online at all?

• Advertisement

Top Dog wrote: »
    Don't suppose anyone has a link to a replay of this online at all?

It's not the full game but there are highlights up on Youtube

Or you could always download it from DavkaBT. It's my lifesaver for any Basketball games that I've missed.:D

Advertisement