Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 15/04/2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

MrsD007 wrote: »

Stop The Lights!

Anyway,

- Singer Josh Groban will be appearing on Friday's show.
    - And WWE Wrestler Sheamus O'Shaughnessy
    - And Footballer Kevin Doyle (Wolves and Ireland)
    - And 'The Brad Pitt Light Orchestra'
    - And 'A Substantial item on Suicide'

That's all I've got for now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

DLB on the BBC !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Lapin wrote: »
    DLB on the BBC !

DLB on the BBC discussing HIV with the KGB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

WWE wrestler Sheamus will also be on.

Colmo52 wrote: »

DLB on the BBC discussing WWE and the ECB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

mikom wrote: »
    DLB on the BBC discussing WWE and the ECB
    And depression...... don't forget depression!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Finally a good news story in the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,580 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Brogue kick to Ryan :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

mikom wrote: »
    DLB on the BBC discussing HIV with the KGB.

first question: have you any irish relations??

first question: have you any irish relations??

Da

• Advertisement

SkidMark wrote: »
    Stop The Lights!
    LOL :D:D

Stop the lights yourself!!

stop_lights250.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

LOL :D:D

Stop the lights yourself!!

stop_lights250.jpg

Be The holy says Foley!

No Richie tomorrow, alas, but footballer Kevin Doyle will be one of the guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I hear he's going to interview himself this week.

RT: "Well Ryan, after a tough year it must be exciting news to hear you're off to the Beeb?"

RT: "Ah come on now Ryan, you know I can't talk about that..."

RT: "Fair enough...I hear you have a new book coming out..."

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I think when we ship him off, we should attach a note to him saying "This is for sending us Cromwell"...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

I think when we ship him off, we should attach a note to him saying "This is for sending us Cromwell"...

I would have to think that was on the pink box Norton was shipped in,Tubbs will be joining Liz as a Royal Coutier if his radio career is a failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

I would have to think that was on the pink box Norton was shipped in,Tubbs will be joining Liz as a Royal Coutier if his radio career is a failure.

Well,he has royalty in his bloodline remember..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

seen josh groban on buzzcocks before and he seemed like great craic, up for a laugh and didnt take himself seriously. I bet tubridy still manages to make him seem rigid and boring :rolleyes:

"Tubridy to fill Norton's boots for BBC radio summer gig" - Irish Independent

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/tubridy-to-fill-nortons-boots-for-bbc-radio-summer-gig-2620752.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

For years i've heard the reason RTE pay big money is they are afraid the BBC would come in and poach their stars. I would think to myself i cant imagine Joe Duffy hosting a show on the BBC which anyone other than irish people would listen to.... and now its happened....

Tubridy IMO is a one trick pony- asks a few questions and gets a few answers. It comes across what he thinks of the person he's interviewing. Michael Parkinson and GAY Byrne could interview 100 celebs and you wouldnt know who they disliked. Tubs cant hide it. He's up his own arse.

I am sitting here speachless and cannot believe the BBC would want him... the only thing i can think of is some BBC exec thinking "oh fiddlesticks, that gay fellow Norton is taking his holidays, do we have any Paddys to take over for the summer- hmm who's that RTE station pay the most- he must be good" bang and bobs your uncle Tubs has a BBC job. Please take him BBC .....pleassseee:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mkb1441

Tubs will infiltrate BBC and learn their secrets!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYXz9Md-SP-npvrtYOhSe5tBS4wLHhDwYgyUdwPLaOafNUS4d7_Q

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭squonk

SkidMark wrote: »
    Stop The Lights!

Anyway,

- Singer Josh Groban will be appearing on Friday's show.
    - And WWE Wrestler Sheamus O'Shaughnessy
    - And Footballer Kevin Doyle (Wolves and Ireland)
    - And 'The Brad Pitt Light Orchestra'

That's all I've got for now.

Yawn! Early night then for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

You're not gonna believe this, but I heard him on the radio show this morning saying that they were having a "substantial" item on suicide... Mother of a lad who killed himself, Father of another lad who killed himself, and a panel of doctors and psychologists to explain to us why it happens... And I thought Kevin Doyle was gonna be the illness/injury section of the show...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭squonk

For years i've heard the reason RTE pay big money is they are afraid the BBC would come in and poach their stars. I would think to myself i cant imagine Joe Duffy hosting a show on the BBC which anyone other than irish people would listen to.... and now its happened....

Tubridy IMO is a one trick pony- asks a few questions and gets a few answers. It comes across what he thinks of the person he's interviewing. Michael Parkinson and GAY Byrne could interview 100 celebs and you wouldnt know who they disliked. Tubs cant hide it. He's up his own arse.

I am sitting here speachless and cannot believe the BBC would want him... the only thing i can think of is some BBC exec thinking "oh fiddlesticks, that gay fellow Norton is taking his holidays, do we have any Paddys to take over for the summer- hmm who's that RTE station pay the most- he must be good" bang and bobs your uncle Tubs has a BBC job. Please take him BBC .....pleassseee:D

Wasn't his uncle Eamon Andrews of 'This Is Your Life' fame, so he's not only a paddy who can take over from Norton, he's a connected Paddy who can take over from Graham Norton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Maybe Sheamus will do a demonstration on DLB

Something like this:
    werfse.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

squonk wrote: »
    Wasn't his uncle Eamon Andrews of 'This Is Your Life' fame, so he's not only a paddy who can take over from Norton, he's a connected Paddy who can take over from Graham Norton.

No, Eamonn Andrews was Gerry Ryan's godfather. Miriam O'Callaghan got her start on telly from Eamonn Andrews as a researcher on This Is Your Life. Tubridy's grandfather was Todd Andrews, the chairman of the RTE Authority.

They all come from a very small gene pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Maybe Sheamus will do a demonstration on DLB

Something like this:
    werfse.PNG

hopefully Tubs will say something along the line of wrestling is all fake sure then feel the business end of a powerbomb through his desk, would be awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

You're not gonna believe this, but I heard him on the radio show this morning saying that they were having a "substantial" item on suicide... Mother of a lad who killed himself, Father of another lad who killed himself, and a panel of doctors and psychologists to explain to us why it happens... And I thought Kevin Doyle was gonna be the illness/injury section of the show...

I hear that this morning myself sure whats new its always something with other peoples problems he likes to delve into.

There will be somebody on with a book to you can be guaranteed of that,may obamas sister as mentioned on radio this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

tintin67 wrote: »
    No, Eamonn Andrews was Gerry Ryan's godfather. Miriam O'Callaghan got her start on telly from Eamonn Andrews as a researcher on This Is Your Life. Tubridy's grandfather was Todd Andrews, the chairman of the RTE Authority.

They all come from a very small gene pool.
    Tubbs got work experience in rte from a very young age. He is only on rte now because connections got him experience and a chance in RTE.

I know that depression and suicide are both extremely serious issues and unfortunately, are all too prevalant in Ireland at the moment but it feels that Tubs is covering very depressing topics week in week out. Where has the light entertainment gone?

Surely it would be good for people to be distracted from their problems for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

So, it's the usual ''light entertainment'' type show then! :confused:

Advertisement