Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 15/04/2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I think the father is being a bit naive or hard on himself thinking that if somebody had "disrupted" him he would still be alive... it was obviously in his mind to kill himself. He may have been disrupted on many previous occasions, and even if he had been disrupted he would have found another opportunity..

I think it was a bit cold to have this man tell his heart breadking story, and then immediately bringing in the academic for a cold analysis of why they all died..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

MrsD007 wrote: »
    There are alot of people suffering out there unfortunately. I'm posting the Samaritan's number this week as it may actually help someone out there.

samaritans.jpg

Fair play MrsD

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

Shocking stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

he did a live interview on Galway bay fm a few days after the funeral which was heartbreaking to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

xi wrote: »
    The mood has changed dude

Unfortunately for me ,my broadband speed hasnt!!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

hondasam wrote: »
    he did a live interview on Galway bay fm a few days after the funeral which was heartbreaking to listen to.

What a brave brave man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I think it was a bit cold to have this man tell his heart breadking story, and then immediately bringing in the academic for a cold analysis of why they all died..

Once the emotion of the story was finished, that woman could have been talking about anything...figures, statistics, trends, just analysis. No meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Our small community has seen 8 suicides in the past 5 years, 2 of them within the same family. It's heartbreaking and nothing seems to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

Very brave woman talking now

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 74 ✭✭acoc100

julyjane wrote: »
    I would be proud to have someone with her courage as a sister.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

He is a county councillor and wants to highlight the problem of suicide. I Don't think people realise how bad the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

julyjane wrote: »

She brought tears to my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

johnn wrote: »
    eh...that wasn't me.

I've no idea what that poster is referring to the only post i have made in this thread is about Sheamus from WWE.

I think both of you should apologise to me.

I wasn't talking about this week's thread. Last week's.
    It wasn't you who made a joke about some guy (can't remember who) about being a ginger so he should commit suicide and then you apologised for it?

I thread dived and it was AllyDick I see who made that remark so yes I apologise. I was going on the post that Polly made but yeah sorry :blush:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Did you hear the DLB like thats it hurry up the DLB

COLD DLB SCREW THE BREAK LET THE MAN TALK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Who else is on tonight? And who's on VB?

Nice of Tubridy to assure us that all thought of this serious issue will be banished after the break... Kind of ironic, when the purpose of the segment was that people wouldnt sweep their mental problems under the carpet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Greentopia wrote: »
    I wasn't talking about this week's thread. Last week's.
    It wasn't you who made a joke about some guy (can't remember who) about being a ginger so he should commit suicide and then you apologised for it?

No that wasn't me, dig up the thread if you must. I would like you to withdraw your slanderous comments about me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

The High Kings are on in part 4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I thought it was really interesting the trend with the young men - are men with lots of friends and connections with their peers. That is the opposite of the loner type I had in my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

What was with Ryan's little smirk there before going to the break, out of order surely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

No that wasn't me, dig up the thread if you must. I would like you to withdraw your slanderous comments about me.

Why is something that happened a week ago that the person has already apologised for (whoever it was) being brought up now??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Jarndyce

What was with Ryan's little smirk there before going to the break, out of order surely

I noticed that. He is a disgustingly inept worm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I'm half watching it, half on the net.

What the heck reason did he commit suicide for? Surely they had some theories...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

I think the father is being a bit naive or hard on himself thinking that if somebody had "disrupted" him he would still be alive... it was obviously in his mind to kill himself. He may have been disrupted on many previous occasions, and even if he had been disrupted he would have found another opportunity..

It did seem that way but I think unless we learn from it and understand the reasons why it happens we can't begin to address the situation and we're doomed to continue on with having one of the highest suicide rates in Europe.
    That's what I was most interested in hearing anyway. I would have liked more in dept discussion about the why's and the solutions actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Jebus there really is a lot of anti-DLB sentiment 'round these here parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Jarndyce wrote: »
    I noticed that. He is a disgustingly inept worm.

He gets of on other people misery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

LordMonckton.jpg

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 74 ✭✭acoc100

you'd swear he was paying for the marketing gifts the show gives to the audience out of his own pocket. The guff he goes on with.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Oh_Noes wrote: »

this is Boards being relatively tame!:pac:

• Advertisement

Oh_Noes wrote: »

Why do you think he's emigrating.. :)

Advertisement