Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 15/04/2011

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Derfil wrote: »
    Jaysus that was good craic. That big white dog with his hand around your one...

Dogs don't have hands!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

polly78 wrote: »
    It annoys the hell out of me when humans esp girls do this to dogs and cats. I am a huge animal lover and have a cat who i adore. But they are animals, not humans!!! I know a few people like this and I have zero time for them. Get a life I say to those people.

I agree, and I adore animals too, especially cats but spending 20,000 on a pet or buying them designer collars is nuts. Also...tacky. Very tacky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Who are u?

your worst nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

DLB's RTE career is gone to the DOGS.
    Will he be HOUNDED out by RTE?
    Hopefully he'll go WALKIES to the BBC.

EXCELLENT :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

hondasam wrote: »
    you heard a different interview then because he never said that. He said there was nothing out of the ordinary to suggest he would commit suicide. It was a snap decision.

I dont understand what you are saying ... a snap decision would have been if
    - he'd lost his job that day..
    - he'd just been dumped .
    - there had been a recent death close to him..

like you said, there had been NOTHING out of the ordinary.. NO significant singular event that you could attribute as being the ONE reason he killed himself... I would doubt it was the first time the chap thought about killing himself, but it is an intangible so us arguing the point is pointless I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭polly78

jimmynokia wrote: »
    your worst nightmare

who woke you up?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭andrew cross

papagormo wrote: »
    I thought it was the gentleman who withdraws?...

(sorry, but someone had to post it!):pac:
    oops sorry to late:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I dont understand what you are saying ... a snap decision would have been if
    - he'd lost his job that day..
    - he'd just been dumped .
    - there had been a recent death close to him..

like you said, there had been NOTHING out of the ordinary.. NO significant singular event that you could attribute as being the ONE reason he killed himself... I would doubt it was the first time the chap thought about killing himself, but it is an intangible so us arguing the point is pointless I guess.

You did hear the part where his girlfriend killed herself. Yes there is no point in us arguing about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Who are u?

Who are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

"Abu Dhabi! hahahaha!"

:confused:

We don't have humour like they did in the old days.

• Advertisement

You did hear the part where his girlfriend killed herself.

I heard that she killed herself subsequently alright, but that's all I heard.. They may well have broken up, and it could have been a snap decision (maybe the father didnt want to mention it)..... but I did not hear that in the interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭polly78

Steyr wrote: »
    Who are you?

I think you'll find my question is more worthy of an answer than yours due to your bizarre posting!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

I think you'll find my question is more worthy of an answer than yours due to your bizarre posting!!!!

First off its a funny picture the majority of Boardsies are in the know about, and it was in relation to the dogs on TLLS, which was retarded in the extreme, "if my dog could drive id buy him a Ferrari" :rolleyes: hence:WTF is this sh1t.

See here for more jokes:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055873286

So no it is not bizzare, now who are you?

I heard that she killed herself subsequently alright, but that's all I heard.. They may well have broken up, and it could have been a snap decision (maybe the father didnt want to mention it)..... but I did not hear that in the interview?

No that would be for the other family who are still dealing with their daughters death which was only recent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Tonight was the worst Late Late show I've seen in a long time. Tubridy's mind was not on the job at all. There were shocking lapses in concentration from him and various pregnant pauses throughout the show. He must have a meeting with BBC tomorrow to discuss his juicy new contract. Maybe that is what was on his mind

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Did anyone pick up on Tubs talking to one of the dog women at the end and he made some joke about her not being a dog and then called her very "handsome". WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Bumble32 wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind slipping her one and its not the dog I'm talking about.

WTF??? I'd hope so!!!

I actually laughed out loud at this post...and noone picked up on it! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

No that would be for the other family who are still dealing with their daughters death which was only recent.

I'm trying to follow your argument/train of thought but it's not really making much sense dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

just seen the dogs on youtube, pathetic tv but at the same time i was in stitches. compare the 2 cats when they came out to a shot of them at the end around the dogs, theyd lost it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Mr. Harken, sir, I will not have my first story at this news station be about a cat fashion show.

Miss Corningstone, ma'am,you will do the stories to which you are assigned.

Mr. Harken, I am a damn good journalist, and this cat show thing is grade-A baloney.

It is not baloney. Now, go do your job, missy!

It is baloney!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

The music on the LLS is so sh*t! A singer with a small orchestra behind playing some dirge with all the pomp and importance of a small-town musical society.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Is he going to bring those dopes out to the kid now or what. If not that was a bit cruel!
    So he was just being cruel to the kid then, teased her about meeting them....nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Magi11

Friday was the worst show in the worst series in the history of the programme.

Magi11 wrote: »

what was the worst piece ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

That LLS in house band must be fed up to the gills having to play that intro music , 4 or 5 times a show, week after week ....

I thought the interview with the man who's son committed suicide made it worthwhile.. And regarding people's opinions that it was the worst of the series, I think the night they had the "Being positive about everything good that is Irish" show was THE worst LLS of the season by far.. possibly the worst LLS ever.

I thought the interview with the man who's son committed suicide made it worthwhile.. And regarding people's opinions that it was the worst of the series, I think the night they had the "Being positive about everything good that is Irish" show was THE worst LLS of the season by far.. possibly the worst LLS ever.

I thought it was a bit rushed and deserved a longer slot. A few more experts on the subject would have been good. There was no mention on how the media deal with suicide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Magi11 wrote: »

That's a strongly contested category - barely a week passes by without someone declaring that particular week the worst ever ...

http://www.boards.ie/search/?q=%22worst+late+late%22+&f=&subforums=1&u=&title=&threads=&date_from=&date_to=&sort=best

or

http://www.boards.ie/search/?q=%22worst+lls%22+&f=&subforums=1&u=&title=&threads=&date_from=&date_to=&sort=best

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Agreed, even the previous week's was a lot worse (and IMO is possibly the worst for the series):

* Biddy talking about her depression.
    * GAA members discussing what a shame it is that many GAA players are unemployed.
    * Fella talking about how he put on weight and then lost it, literally another infomercial.

We'll give Adi Roche and her cohorts a pass.

Now it'd take a LOT to top that, no way Friday night's did. That bit of totty at the end and the dogs were top-notch stuff for the LLS (bottom of the barrel on "real" shows, but they have to start somewhere).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Advertisement