Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 15/04/2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I know that depression and suicide are both extremely serious issues and unfortunately, are all too prevalant in Ireland at the moment but it feels that Tubs is covering very depressing topics week in week out. Where has the light entertainment gone?

Surely it would be good for people to be distracted from their problems for a while.

Truth be told, we Irish like the misery.

27519_132692756746561_8278_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Tubridy IMO is a one trick pony- asks a few questions and gets a few answers. It comes across what he thinks of the person he's interviewing. Michael Parkinson and GAY Byrne could interview 100 celebs and you wouldnt know who they disliked. Tubs cant hide it. He's up his own arse.

You obviously didn't see Gay interview Gerry Adams in '94 then...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Looking forward to the discussion on suicide myself. :rolleyes:

You know, I've realized that all of us actually really like Tubridy ;) and will be terribly sad to see him go ;) so there is no need need for the BBC to change their minds or anything... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

You know, I've realized that all of us actually really like Tubridy ;) and will be terribly sad to see him go ;) so there is no need need for the BBC to change their minds or anything... :eek:

I want him to lose the gig and be sad.

• Advertisement

And stay in Ireland...? pffttttt....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

telekon wrote: »
    You obviously didn't see Gay interview Gerry Adams in '94 then...
    I remember that interview back in 1994 and there was a huge amount of speculation ahead of it as to whether Gaybo would shake hands with Adams or not. Can’t remember if he did or not but I suspect that he didn’t.

I agree with you that sometimes Gaybo couldn’t hide his feelings, be they good or bad. For example: he had a soft spot for Sinead O’Connor and he always supported her even when it was not a popular thing to do. Remember when she tore up the picture of the pope and refused sing the American national anthem?

I used to have huge difficulties with Gaybo, I thought that he was a bit cocky but I have to concede that he has a rare gift; he has a great way of getting people to open up and talk about themselves.

I have recently been watching some of his “Meaning of life programmes” and it was a real pleasure to watch him at work. I have a little interest in GAA but I’m not fanatical but I was glued to Gaybo’s interview with Brian Cody. Anyone that has ever seen Brian Cody on television will testify to the fact that he is a very modest man but he is also a man of few words. However, Gaybo managed to pull off a very good interview with him.

I always feel a presenter has done a good job if they get me to watch and enjoy something that I normally wouldn’t be that interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Great, as if Tubridy wasn't insufferable enough as it is, now the Beeb are hiring him he won't be able to get his head through the doors at Montrose :rolleyes:
    proof in his mind that the 'begrudgers' are wrong about him.

Whoever hired him in the BBC either hasn't been taking note of the criticisms that've been leveled at him in the papers, here and on Twitter or they don't care because the LLS ratings are high and they hope he'll replicate that over there.

I think Tubs is in for a nasty surprise if he thinks his schmoozing and cruising style (as Liam Fay called it in the Independent) will take him very far over there. At least not for where he probably thinks he's now headed-a TV show on the BBC.
    BUT, then again look at how the likes of Val Doonigan and Henry Kelly made careers for themselves over there so who knows. Must be the accent wot does it for them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Tubridy IMO is a one trick pony- asks a few questions and gets a few answers. It comes across what he thinks of the person he's interviewing. Michael Parkinson and GAY Byrne could interview 100 celebs and you wouldnt know who they disliked.

Oh you knew with Gay alright who he liked or disliked. As someone already said remember the Gerry Adams interview or the Annie Murphy one? And of course it was also obvious when he loved an interviewee too - used to nearly throw up as he tried to tongue that half wit Sinead O Connor every time she was on. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

I REALLY need to be cheered up tonight so I'm not going to watch the Late Late Ile just read this thread instead, you lot always make me smile :o:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I've got myself fired from jobs in my own time. It's one sure way to break a contract. I think little Ryan is doing exactly that.

Denisejcc wrote: »
    I REALLY need to be cheered up tonight so I'm not going to watch the Late Late Ile just read this thread instead, you lot always make me smile :o:(

Yeah with the guest line-up as it is-there's NO-one on it that interests me, think I'll be watch little and reading more too.
    And I have a little bit of work to do anyway.

Embarrassing bodies/Paul O Grady will be my programmes for this eve ;)

Greentopia wrote: »
    Yeah with the guest line-up as it is-there's NO-one on it that interests me, think I'll be watch little and reading more too.
    And I have a little bit of work to do anyway.
    Ah Greentopia, Finbarr Furey is on tonight, don't knock a legend!

Embarrassing bodies/Paul O Grady will be my programmes for this eve ;)
    Paul O'Grady??? don't you mean Graham Norton?

Paul O'Grady??? don't you mean Graham Norton?

No Paul O Grady is back tonight, Graham Norton on later :D

Ah Greentopia, Finbarr Furey is on tonight, don't knock a legend!

Finbarr Furey?? Why didn't ya say so woman? now I'm totally going to watch it!
    no not really :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Hi everyone! :)

amdublin wrote: »
    Hi everyone! :)
    Hiiiiiiii:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Just back after the cycle for beer.. got drenched.. but I caught the end of Tub's promo for the LLS on RTE ONE at 9 o'clock, and he's gonna
    "meet a canine couple who's owner's spent 20,000 pounds (:confused:) on their doggy wedding"

I have a TV attached to the crossbar especially so I dont miss any of Tubridy's musings..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Confirmed for tonight,
    Brendan Kilkenny
    Jason Sherlock
    Ming Flanagan
    Music and a chat with Dickie Rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

SkidMark wrote: »
    Stop The Lights!

Anyway,

- Singer Josh Groban will be appearing on Friday's show.
    - And WWE Wrestler Sheamus O'Shaughnessy
    - And Footballer Kevin Doyle (Wolves and Ireland)
    - And 'The Brad Pitt Light Orchestra'
    - And 'A Substantial item on Suicide'

That's all I've got for now.

Bad line up tonight:

I'm out

large_gavin2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Confirmed for tonight,
    Brendan Kilkenny
    Jason Sherlock
    Ming Flanagan

Hmmm...Anyone got any good jokes or links handy>?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Confirmed for tonight,
    Brendan Kilkenny
    Jason Sherlock
    Ming Flanagan

Bad Tipsy! No more fake guest line ups.

Confirmed for tonight,
    Brendan Kilkenny
    Jason Sherlock
    Ming FlanaganMusic and a chat with Dickie Rock
    I wish, I never tire of listening to Ming, he is a great character!

I wonder could Ming fix it for me to have a bag of turf, I love the smell of turf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Okay so who wants to be the first to sign it ??

208799,xcitefun-1767-ori.jpg

I've already written in.."Good luck in your new job, hope it goes as well as JFK's"..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Okay so who wants to be the first to sign it ??

208799,xcitefun-1767-ori.jpg

I've already written.. "Good luck in your new job, hope it goes as well as JFK's"..

Can I borrow your pen? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Josh Groban on the double tonight, he's on the LLS and on Graham Norton.

It'll be interesting to compare the two interviews, albeit Graham Norton has a slight advantage in that his is recorded and edited.

Eamon Andrews, Terry Wogan, Graham Norton,Des Lynam, Henry Kelly, Craig Doyle, Dara O'Brian, loads of others, and now Ryan Tubridy.

Who's next for the BBC - Brendan O'Connor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭polly78

I think the suicide discussion is a good thing, judging by the feedback on his show this morning (if they were genuine that is). A sad story has always been part and parcel of the show. I'm just glad they've stopped wittering on about the R word, a while back the whole show revolved around it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

No Paul O Grady is back tonight, Graham Norton on later :D
    i'm taping them both :D

Advertisement