Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap supermarkets in Dublin

Options
  • 14-04-2011 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

We just moved to Dublin and will probably live somewhere around Pembroke/Haddington road (Dublin 4 area). I was wondering where could I find a decent cheap supermarket, as the prices I saw around so far (Tesco, Eurospar, Fresh) were extremely high (we lived in Spain before, and the prices in Ireland are much higher in almost every category). I don't mind taking the bus once a week to go somewhere else for grocery shopping. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Tesco, Dunnes Lidl are the three cheapest unfortunately. I don't know where the closest of these would be to you though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Tesco on Baggot Street is your cheapest bet, just look for the deals and their own branded goods

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

All the shops have their own deals at different times so there is no 'cheaper shop' really. The bus idea wont last long believe me with bags of shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Aldi in Rathmines? Probably about 2km walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Depending on what you are actually looking for, the Asian Markets are usually good.Asia Market on Drury Street is one that i would frequent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

if your buying household stuff shop in the euro shops in town or the camden casket on camden street, they are great value.

Advertisement