Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclub won't take responsibility

Options
  • 14-04-2011 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi, Me and friends purchased tickets from a local nightclub who were organising a mystery tour. The tickets were 20 euro and promised 3 venues, leaving from 3.30pm and arriving back at 3.30am.Had to wait around town til 5.20pm for the last bus to arrive to bring us . .this is 2 hours of hangong around town . .this bus was a 49 seater and there was definately well over a hundred on the bus . .the organisors at the front were laughing at this saying there was loadsa room on the previous buses. There wasnt.

we got to one venue an hour after the first two buses so only had a short time there. we went to the second venue where we were kicked out after about 30 minutes because some students were appparently stealing soft drinks at the bar, which is a fair enough reason although there should have been more security . .turns out not all the buses even made it to the 2nd venue. We were then driven home, once again on a bus with no room to sit on. No 3rd venue, which was the night club.

Spent the entire time either waiting for a bus or standing on a seriously overcrowded one. Everyone was extremely angry and saying they were going to the nightclub the next day for a refund. Now we get a facebook message saying that the nightclub had nothing to do with the bus tour and were only allowing tickets to be sold from there. Do we have a leg to stand on to get our money back??

Sorry for long post, extremely annoyed! :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

There are two points in your post that do not quite fit together:
    luv-eirexx wrote: »
    Me and friends purchased tickets from a local nightclub ...
    Now we get a facebook message saying that the nightclub had nothing to do with the bus tour and were only allowing tickets to be sold from there.

It might help if you could clarify that. Can you tell us who actually handed the tickets over to you, and who you gave your money to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭luv-eirexx

We went into the nightclub, asked the barman for a ticket which he gave us. We gave our money to the barman at the nightclub :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Hi, Me and friends purchased tickets from a local nightclub who were organising a mystery tour. The tickets were 20 euro and promised 3 venues, leaving from 3.30pm and arriving back at 3.30am.

Hmmm sounds dodgy alright and looks like a few chancers were out to make a quick buck for themselves.

However unless you were given a printed itenerary with exact times and a schedule of events I think you may have an uphill battle. From your post, the only thing I can see that they promised was 3 venues which technically you got. If the departure stated leaving from 3.30pm then its the classic cop out as it didn't say leaving AT 3.30pm (I hate those shops that advertise stuff like that e.g. 26" Televisions from €199 but they're actuallt €299).

A case of live and learn (although you could probably organise a better one yourself and make a few bob too :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭luv-eirexx

Sorry actually they did say leaving AT 3.30pm, not from :)
    And we only got 2 venues for a very short period, some buses of people only got 1 venue
    Its just extremely annoying/ unfair how the nightclub is now taking no responsibility for the event that THEY advertised and sold tickets for. We were all led to believe it was the nightclub totally organising the event right up until it went wrong and now suddenly it has nothing to do with them, they were only selling tickets yet they havnt told us who they were selling them for.

I think its because we're students that they think we wont be able to do anything about it and in fairness, we wont :(

O well you're right, live and learn!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

Hey,

i've been getting these facebook emails from this night club about mystery bus tour etc even though i didn't ask for them

From what i see, its come from their account, wild wednesday, which i believe is held in said night club?? They were the one pushing tickets. I've also just looked back through their mails, and there's no indication that this was a 3rd party set up. So they were selling the tickets and promoting the event, therefore its their responsibility to get it sorted. Not sure if ya'll get a refund out of them, because if they run the business like the bouncers run their door policy (the operate a strict "let you in one week, and not the next, because you're drunk, even though you don't drink") then i think you mite want to consider picking up a big stone and seeing if it is actually possible to get blood out of it.

Also if a nightclub, one as big as this venue, is gona sell ya tickets to a mystery bus tour, did ya honestly think that you'd get away with not being brought back there????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

We went into the nightclub, asked the barman for a ticket which he gave us. We gave our money to the barman at the nightclub :)

On that basis, I would be confident in saying that your contract is with the nightclub, and not with some other party.

From here, it depends on how strongly you feel. Chances are that if you pursued the matter into the small claims court, you would have a decent chance of winning your case.

I'm the sort of person who would pursue such things, but I have the time and the experience. You might not judge it worth your while (I get that impression from your latest post). The reason I go after people is that I see it as some form of public service: teach them a lesson, and they mightn't pull such a stroke again. You might describe my mission in stronger terms: put manners on the bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Now we get a facebook message saying that the nightclub had nothing to do with the bus tour and were only allowing tickets to be sold from there. Do we have a leg to stand on to get our money back??

Sorry for long post, extremely annoyed! :)

Get onto their facebook page & start making a serious fuss (but not abusive or rude, just state your case), and try to get everyone else who was on the tour and is currently feeling ripped off to join in with you. Businesses hate that, it's very visible to other people they might be trying to sell the same tour to

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So the orginal nightclub was the 3rd venue?

Advertisement