Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone connection box on wall

• 14-04-2011 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

would anyone know where I could buy a phone connection box for a wall in my house. It has a plate on the wall which I accume can be removed for a phone installation. I am in Dublin and have tried powercity to no avail. A installation guide would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

Any electrical wholesalers will have a phone point for a few euro. Put a meter on 2 of the cores and see which ones have 48v dc on them. Usually it will be the blue pair but not always. Connect the 2 cables with 48v to the 2 centre pins. That's normally terminal 2 and 3 and it don't matter which is positive or negative...If the cable doesn't have voltage then u need to trace the cable and see if it goes back to the main phone point, then u will need to connect it there first. You can short the cable to identify it at the main point once u have confirmed no voltage on it using continuity tester.... Hope this helps.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Great. Thank you.

Advertisement