Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Exams 2011

Options
  • 14-04-2011 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

Well its that time of year again; the sun comes out, sitting beside the lake all day has never looked so appealing, assignments are due, lectures are coming to an end and, oh yeah, the small matter of exams.

Thought I would start a thread where you could rant about how stupidly hard a subject is, how fecked you are (or how your are going to ace them ;)), ask any questions or look for some assurances. General exam discussion really.

I'll kick it off - only 4 exams for me this semester, had an end of year thesis worth 10 credits, so the last few weeks have been hellish trying to get it finished. But now that I'm basically done with it, the exams almost feel like a anti climax. I almost feel like I'll be on holidays once I have it submitted. Not a good mind frame to be in, I know, but the 4 exams I have are in subjects that I love so I am hoping I'll do quite well.

Now that I've said it I'll be coming back here in June when the results come out wondering how I've failed all four :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I've my last 2 exams on Friday 13th. I'll prob get hit my a bus or something on my way in.

IX here i come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

I have 6 this time (7 if you include my oral exam) and its definitely going to be a struggle. I can't remember my timetable but I know I'm not finished until the 14th.:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Have four exams myself, but a 4,000 and a 2,000 word essay to do between now and then. Should be sorted once I have them submitted . . . but wont feel comfortable until they have actually been handed in!

Hopefully I can have them finished by the start of study week . . .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

5 exams and 2 repeats. They're fairly spread out so I can't complain really. Except I'm going to anyway.

FUCKED.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

OP, why did you have to start such a demoralising thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

OP, why did you have to start such a demoralising thread?

If I'm going down you're all coming with me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

I'm just moderately annoyed over the fact that I have three consecutive 9am exams. Might stay with someone on campus to solve that problem though.

Also, I scored (possibly) the last exam of the session - 6-8pm on Saturday 14th. Suppose it's perfect timing, if one was to go out and celebrate :P

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭RayCarley

At least we can all revel in the fact that we're all finished by the middle of May and so when the obligatory beautiful weather comes along during the Leaving Cert, we will all be outside enjoying ourselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

RayCarley wrote: »
    At least we can all revel in the fact that we're all finished by the middle of May and so when the obligatory beautiful weather comes along during the Leaving Cert, we will all be outside enjoying ourselves!

The summer's sunlight burns my skin, I prefer the twilight haze of winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

I start at 9am on the 3th and finish at 8pm on the 14th.

Thanks UCD for making my final semester as an undergrad as long as you could have made it.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

Couldn't have asked for a better timetable! :D Only two exams, one on the 3rd, one on the 4th :D
    However there is the small matter of the four essays I have to do in the next week and a half, two are 2,000 words, two are 4,000 words :( plus I have two in class exams and a presentation which I've kind of been ignoring!
    I'm sort of looking forward to the exams mostly because I'm just dying to get all the rest of the stuff out of the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

kkumk wrote: »
    Couldn't have asked for a better timetable! :D Only two exams, one on the 3rd, one on the 4th :D
    However there is the small matter of the four essays I have to do in the next week and a half, two are 2,000 words, two are 4,000 words :( plus I have two in class exams and a presentation which I've kind of been ignoring!
    I'm sort of looking forward to the exams mostly because I'm just dying to get all the rest of the stuff out of the way!

Does anyone not leave things to the last minute? :D I've a 20 page report (5000 words maybe? less? more ?), a 3000 word essay and a presentation board due for thursday and I'm a long way from finished :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Five exams, reasonably spread out so it's alright. The bad thing is the assignments. Lots to do and not much time left to do it in!

To be honest, I'm just happy if I pass everything. I feel like I really didn't take this semester seriously and that it's going to bite me in the ass when the exams are here...

Still! I'm going to really knuckle down and get some serious work done when I come back (how many times have I told myself this lie I wonder :pac:)

Five exams, reasonably spread out so it's alright. The bad thing is the assignments. Lots to do and not much time left to do it in!

To be honest, I'm just happy if I pass everything. I feel like I really didn't take this semester seriously and that it's going to bite me in the ass when the exams are here...

Still! I'm going to really knuckle down and get some serious work done when I come back (how many times have I told myself this lie I wonder :pac:)

Same here. Are you... me? :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

How much does it cost to park a car at RDS Simmonscourt?

Same as the Main Hall I think - €5 per day

Yup, same prices as for the christmas exams.

Its €5 for one day
    €15 for 3 consecutive days or
    €20 for the duration of the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭brokenhinge

Fairly gutted with my timetable, four exams in five days, although the being finished early allows me to go home for my mammys birthday, something I haven't been able to do in four years.. bit sappy I know..

Bump :)

Good luck to everyone in their exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

And the first one is over :)

• Advertisement

I find once the first one is out of the way they fly by, its the waiting that's the worst!

Congrats.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I saw a sign in the RDS today saying that parking was €6, and then a friend told me that you can't pay there you have to pay beforehand and show them a text or something??

I've heard from older students that the exam announcer regularly comes out with jokes or random facts, but from my experience at Christmas and this morning he doesn't really say anything out of the ordinary! Oh well :)

I saw a sign in the RDS today saying that parking was €6, and then a friend told me that you can't pay there you have to pay beforehand and show them a text or something??

I've heard from older students that the exam announcer regularly comes out with jokes or random facts, but from my experience at Christmas and this morning he doesn't really say anything out of the ordinary! Oh well :)

Ah no, the random bit about it being the largest exam is kinda the stuff he'll come out with.

OT I know but how did you find the accounting paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I paid 5 euro today when I got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rebecca1988

ya i paid 5 too, then saw the sign said 6 when i was driving out!!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

One exam done, only an hour long one on Friday to go :D:D:D:D. I love this semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Jigglypuff

Yeah when he said there were 3000 students taking an exam, were they all taking accounting?!

No, there were a few going on. Not sure how many did accounting.

misslt wrote: »
    Ah no, the random bit about it being the largest exam is kinda the stuff he'll come out with.
    And when he said that the students at the end of the invigilators' section will have to wait up to 12 minutes - :p

I thought it was ok! Harder than all of the past papers for sure, more stuff came up on it - but it wasn't too bad. How did you find it? I kept getting the NCA note for the Cash Flow Statement wrong - it was tricky enough (and I kept making silly mistakes!). Even the ratio question wasn't too bad, and normally I don't like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

"Let's hear those calculator backs hitting the floor" *mass clatter of plastic off the concrete floor* That noise gives him all the job fulfillment he needs.

His humor is quite dry and if you aren't paying attention to what it is he is saying you won't realise that he is taking the mick.

2 down for me, 5 left. Excellent start, feel like a 2.1 is attainable (overall for my degree despite everything) as a result. Break until Firday, cue El Clasico; numero 4 esta noche.

Advertisement