Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Exams 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mkill08

My English exams state that I am not allowed to repeat material from my mid-term essay, does anybody know if they follow up on this?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

mkill08 wrote: »
    My English exams state that I am not allowed to repeat material from my mid-term essay, does anybody know if they follow up on this?

What they mean by this is you can't answer on the same texts. Yes they do check.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Anyone know if there are places to lock bikes in the rds simmonscourt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mkill08

:(, cheers anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

DL Saint wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are places to lock bikes in the rds simmonscourt?

There are no bike racks, but plenty of railings and fences to which you can lock one. There are always loads of bikes locked, its very safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Graphs and Networks wasn't overly pleasant, but not overly surprised by that, was stupidly unprepared.

Cognitive Science's paper was unlike what I thought it'd be, but it was grand, not too hard, just hoping my answers were as detailed as they should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 micko2010

Hi just wondering if any of you out there are doing this mcq exam? Havent done a lot of study for it and there seems quite a bit of material anyone got any advice for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

micko2010 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if any of you out there are doing this mcq exam? Havent done a lot of study for it and there seems quite a bit of material anyone got any advice for me?

Keep doing the past papers over and over again, that's how I did it anyway. The principles of economics book was really helpful too.

Tax 2 was a mean paper. Difficult but more importantly mean

These exams are going awfully so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Tuty_Fruity

LauraLuck wrote: »
    I dont start my exams til the 9th at 9am....have 6 exams spread over 4 days.Cant study, head will not focus :eek: am ****ting myself.Know im gonna fail one exam because its philosophy and a 70% exam = me screwed.
    Roll on summer freedom.

I'm doing philosophy too! Is it intro to philosophy that your doing because the exam is worth 34%, because the 2 essays were each worth 33%!? Do you have any idea what questions are the best to look over :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Ethnic Conflict was kind of what I expected. The questions were fair enough but if you didn't study I'd say you would struggle. Anyone else have it today?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Tuty_Fruity

kev9100 wrote: »
    Ethnic Conflict was kind of what I expected. The questions were fair enough but if you didn't study I'd say you would struggle. Anyone else have it today?

I take it that you aren't doing intro to moral philosophy then, my exam is on Monday also!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

How do you keep your energy up for the 6pm exams? I have a 6pm exam this Saturday and Saturday week, and not looking forward to them - by 6pm in the day, just with studying, I'm wrecked, nevermind starting at exam then. It probably doesn't help that I get up at 7am but changing my sleep schedule isn't really an option.

Maybe the adrenaline of the exam will be enough to keep me energetic and alert!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

kev9100 wrote: »

Yeah, I had it. Section A was handy enough. Section B wasn't that great of a section. Did the power sharing question, kind of vague to be honest. Cases were key to the exam. Luckily I used about 4 different ones.

International Politics is going to be nasty on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

How do you keep your energy up for the 6pm exams? I have a 6pm exam this Saturday and Saturday week, and not looking forward to them - by 6pm in the day, just with studying, I'm wrecked, nevermind starting at exam then. It probably doesn't help that I get up at 7am but changing my sleep schedule isn't really an option.

Maybe the adrenaline of the exam will be enough to keep me energetic and alert!
    Had a 6pm exam just there after a 9am one earlier today. It's all part of an elaborate scam to get money from repeats.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭jennebean

I hate exams !!! I've 4 left I had one resit ! Which I failed again ;( and chance are I'l fail this semester exam for the module too -

Anybody know what will happen if I fail the 2 and am lacking 10 creds I know I can go on wit 50 creds but can I do an extra module next year and take an extra module in 3rd yr to make up the 10 ?? (I do know it's gonna cost 430 a module ;( )

Latin has ruined me ;(

You can progress to stage 2 with 50 credits, but you'll have to repeat, resit or substitute them at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭corkman123

430 a module??:eek:

230 for a repeat, about 300 (I think?) for a substitute....

Yeah its €230 for repeat/resits and substitutions are €344 +, depending on the module.

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/fees_registration.htm

Speedy replies - I love it ;)
    especially when we should really all be studying ha ha!

I sat my Latin repeat from Xmas on tue - fail.com
    I have this semesters Latin Tomor and I'm not being negative but I do sense another fail coming on ;( So I'm gonna have to budget over the summer to pay for new modules I just checked and it is 344 ;) happy days it's 460 to be a swot and do extra stuff !! So I'm looking at 688 for the 10 creds - has any one done this ??

• Advertisement

Thanks for the link !!

jennebean wrote: »

I have this semesters Latin Tomor and I'm not being negative but I do sense another fail coming on ;( So I'm gonna have to budget over the summer to pay for new modules I just checked and it is 344 ;) happy days it's 460 to be a swot and do extra stuff !! So I'm looking at 688 for the 10 creds - has any one done this ??

Just to note, you can only substitute option and elective modules, not core modules.

@weebushy - thanks !!

Here is another very random question that has the head of history school baffled .....

I picked as an elective - modern America I'm a first yr and that's a second year subject .
    Next year it is a core module in history so I cant do it again ad they don't seem to know what to do about it !!

I've basically been told " I have to complete all cores in stage 2" and that I cannot resit it - so I have to take it again but I'm not allowed to take it again !!
    Im in same boat with art history too !

Any ideas ??
    I've spoken with lecturers - office ppl - heads of both schools and nobody seems to know they all just go " sssssssssss oh I don't know what your Donna be able to do "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

am fckd ob 2 morning and then econ 2nite at 6 fml

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

partyndbs wrote: »
    am fckd ob 2 morning and then econ 2nite at 6 fml

Best of luck! :) Hopefully you'll get on ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

how ppl studying for this? got a b in midterm, will stuff b4 midterm be on exam?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Here is another very random question that has the head of history school baffled .....

I picked as an elective - modern America I'm a first yr and that's a second year subject .
    Next year it is a core module in history so I cant do it again ad they don't seem to know what to do about it !!

I've basically been told " I have to complete all cores in stage 2" and that I cannot resit it - so I have to take it again but I'm not allowed to take it again !!
    Im in same boat with art history too !

Any ideas ??
    I've spoken with lecturers - office ppl - heads of both schools and nobody seems to know they all just go " sssssssssss oh I don't know what your Donna be able to do "
    Go to the Arts programme office. They should be able to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

It would be a scream if they wrote 'aut disce aut discede ' on the resit paper. :D

In all seriousness, <e700 might be okay for a better choice; just remember constraints on progressing to the next stage! I know one or two people who have ended up repeating a stage for the sake of one or two repeat modules! :eek:

Some last minute revision:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbI-fDzUJXI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Just to note, you can only substitute option and elective modules, not core modules.

So if you fail a core module in one semester and register for another, different core module in the next semester to replace it, this isn't allowed? So irrespective of your grade in the new core module you still need to repeat the failed core module?

• Advertisement

So if you fail a core module in one semester and register for another, different core module in the next semester to replace it, this isn't allowed? So irrespective of your grade in the new core module you still need to repeat the failed core module?

How would you choose a different core module for the next semester? Core modules are core, they can't be chosen - they are modules that must be taken by students on that programme. Essentially, core modules are unsubtitutable.

In saying that core modules can't be substituted, they can very occasionally, but this requires approval of the Programme Board, and is only in exceptional circumstances.

Advertisement