Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASRock P67 Pro3 (B3) or ASUS P8P67 Rev 3.0

Options
  • 14-04-2011 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

I'd need 1155 board in near future and can't get this ASRock P67 Pro3 (B3) out of my head because it has all features I need plus very affordable.

- P67 chipset ofcourse
    - 1xPCI-E 16x is enough
    - 1600mhz DDR3 >
    - high Overclock capability (preferably with software profiles feature hence could switch between 2D and 3D modes easily)

Asrock.. I have a couple of bad experiences in the past they popd after 1yr usage. but what else I can get for < 130eur..

I'm proly going for Pro3 after I hear some positive feedback.. would really appreciate to hear experience if someone has this already?

What about ASUS P8P67 Rev 3.0?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Niether.

I always thought ASRock as the tesco value of pc components....dunno why!

But look at the MSI p67a GD-55 (B3) a rock solid board with 8x8x xfire/sli and tons of features.

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/P67A-GD55--B3-.html

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=43884&agid=1601

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

thanks Fnz, will read tonite.

jme2010, I have that sme feeling about Asrock thats why I made thread to possibly get some positive experience feedback and grab it for 100eur really feature rich (I ll never buy second GPU anyway).

Btw, is there any little tiny compatibility benefits if buying Asus mobo since got Asus GPU already? or doesn't it really matter at all if different manufacturers?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

ASRock are no longer the bottom feeder of motherboards. The reviews of their recent AM3 and 1155 boards have been good, they are complimented for their features, design and low price.

Check the reviews for both of these, factor in price and make your decision. Newegg.com should have a lot of feedback for both too.

The Asus graphics card will work equally well on each motherboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i was going to go with the Asus Pro but with all the horror stories i went with MSI p67a GD-55 (B3) in the end
    really liked the idea of a button for insta-overclocking :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

What horror stories? I just ordered a new build and the ASUS P8P67 Rev 3.0 was my mobo of choice,any reviews ive read were very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Can't say I've heard any "horror stories" either, apart from a couple of teething problems that were swiftly sorted out with a bios update

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Yeah, I've heard people mention Asus horror stories elsewhere, only to be followed by others asking "what horror stories?".

Found one such example: [Link]

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

A certain percentage of motherboards will be faulty, and if asus sell the most P67s, it makes sense that they will get the most failure reports.

Advertisement