Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike shop in Naas

• 14-04-2011 11:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

I think I'll be looking at a bike in Naas tomorrow. He assures me it's the cleanest thing on the road and if I see if, I'll love it. I think I'm happy to buy it if it passes muster so I don't want to be up and down the road dithering and trying to arrange inspections etc.

With the distance involved, I was thinking about meeting him at a local bike workshop if there is one closeby and getting it inspected there and then. Can anyone recommend a good, professional local shop?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I think the nearest is Andy's out in the Curragh. You're looking at a 'busa yea? If so he's a Suzuki main dealer so should know his stuff.

http://andysbikesnbits.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Andys would be the closest i think, i deal with andy for all my bike stuff.
    Although he isnt in the curragh, he is in martinstown.

If ya want directions to him just gimme a shout.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

goodlad wrote: »
    Although he isnt in the curragh, he is in martinstown.

Ah, close enough :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Ah, close enough :p

It is if ya know the area, if ya dont then its like a maze, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Thanks for the tips. All a moot point, lads.

Me bucko told me "I'm away from home until Friday", "I'll let you know if I get any more interest". I had everything arrange for tomorrow but got a call from my man after 9 tonight to say "well, a fella came over tonight and he had cash so you know yourself, like".

Lying scumbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Awh that sucks man. Sorry to hear that. It's kinda why it is nice dealing in public like on adverts.ie. But a lot of people don't use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Awh that sucks man. Sorry to hear that. It's kinda why it is nice dealing in public like on adverts.ie. But a lot of people don't use it.

I think Done Deal.ie are the luckiest people alive. It's not very good site but it's hugely popular. Especially for vehicles. It's the only site for used bikes at this stage.

Adverts.ie is definitely better but it's just not popular enough. Maybe scummy people with no honour prefer sites where they can wallow in their lack of honour anonymously.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dbmauser

if its a buy with a small shed behind his house near the suzuki car dealers he's a sound bloke to deal with,he's a fireman if i remember,my father bought a bike from him and was spot on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

cantdecide wrote: »
    I think Done Deal.ie are the luckiest people alive. It's not very good site but it's hugely popular. Especially for vehicles. It's the only site for used bikes at this stage.

Its success is in its simplicity.

Advertisement