Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever wondered what's in the sky?

• 14-04-2011 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,340 ✭✭✭✭

Now's your chance.

From Shannonside Astronomy
    11, 13, 15, 16th April 2011

Global Astronomy Month (April 2011)

The club will run 4 observing sessions at O'Callaghans strand in Limerick during the month, Monday the 11th, Wednesday the 13th,
    Friday the 15 and Saturday the 16th, 7.30pm onwards.

We're hoping that atleast one of these nights will give us a clear sky so obviously these nights are weather dependant. We will have the clubs 10 and 12 inch telescopes aswell as 25x100 binoculars on its new mounting system.
    The clubs PRO, Roy Stewart, has sent out posters to all the schools and libraries in Limerick, he is our point of contact for this event.

The Moon and Saturn are vary favourable in the sky on these dates, city light pollution will have no effect.

All are welcome, this is a completely free event and is for the general public, catering for people with a passing interest or starting off in the hobby, experienced people are also welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

phog wrote: »
    Now's your chance.

From Shannonside Astronomy

Thanks Phog might try to make this Friday or Saturday, sounds interesting..

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,340 ✭✭✭✭phog

Did anyone go to this? I was away for that week-end so didn't make it, was wondering how it went?

Hopefully, if it was a sucess they might run another event like it over the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Damn! I Wish I knew about this before! Would have loved to go.

Advertisement