Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Less Than Jake

Options
  • 14-04-2011 11:24am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Less Than Jake
    The Button Factory
    Dublin
    Thu 2 Jun 2011, 20:30

Onsale to General Public

Start: Mon 18/04/11, 09:00

€23.00

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I cannot wait for this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

About damn time! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Will this sell out fast?

I doubt it- I'm hoping that will sell out! TMBC has a capacity of 750 so it should. I've just spent so long trying to convince them to come here, I don't want them to regret it! haha

I could probably get tickets on Tuesday/Wednesday alright. Only have one album, but it'd be great.

• Advertisement

Ah you'll definitely get tickets. Which album do you have?

Only have Borders & Boundaries. Gainsville Rock City is quality.

favourite album <3

I went to see them a bunch of times last November and they played Mr. Chevy Celebrity for me in Edinburgh. Was AMAZING, nearly cried!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Great News for the Under 18's in DUBLIN, the promoter made the show 14 and up! See you at the Button Factory on June 2nd in Dublin, Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Got my ticket :)

• Advertisement

so, who's going to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

How unbelievably lucky am I to see this, didn't know they were playing here. Definitely going!

See this is exactly what's worrying me. The gig is in less than 4 weeks and people still don't know it's happening. This has been advertised so badly, the band needs to mention it more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

See this is exactly what's worrying me. The gig is in less than 4 weeks and people still don't know it's happening. This has been advertised so badly, the band needs to mention it more!

For some reason, none of my mates know who they are and none of them want to see them!

Even when I send them a link to Gainsville Rock City! Strange, 'cause I reckon that song is pure eargasm! :pac:

FunkZ wrote: »
    For some reason, none of my mates know who they are and none of them want to see them!

Even when I send them a link to Gainsville Rock City! Strange, 'cause I reckon that song is pure eargasm! :pac:

But it's only €23! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Am I right in thinking Chewing on Tinfoil are supporting?
    If so I might head along. Used to be a big fan LTJ, so that nostalgia and COT would be a pretty good night out at €23.

Yeah, they are :)

Not sure who the other supporter(s) is/are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Give It A Year

Hey All,

Just to let you know we've been added to the Less Than Jake gig. Cannot wait its going to be amazing. We are only going since Christmas. We recently recorded an ep. the link is below, give it a listen and let us know what ya think.

Cheers.

http://giveitayear.bandcamp.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

anybody know the stage times for this tonight?

Or even just the times the doors open. Ticketmaster says 8, ltj website says 7:30, facebook says 7!

So good. Wasn't my favourite show of the tour but I am endlessly thankful for them even coming back to play here <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Thought it was an excellent show throughout. Give It A Year and Chewing On Tinfoil did themselves proud and seemed comfortable. LTJ were amazing and I liked all the crowd interaction - making legends of some of them (Vincent!). Enjoyed the set and liked that the crowd were able to get into stage diving and all...

🤪

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dublin, thank you for being so hospitable and awesome. We will be back soon! Now to head home for a few weeks and then....THE VANS WARPED TOUR 2011! Where will we see YOU??

Chris wasn't in the best mood though, which was unfortunate. Not as much stage banter as usual. But he seemed fine afterwards in Fibbers :pac:

I don't think there's a general LTJ thread so I'll just post this here:

Their new EP came out yesterday. "Greetings From Less Than Jake" it's absolutely amazing (as usual)

And it only costs €3.50 for the digital download: http://lessthanjake.limitedpressing.com/products/11032

Advertisement