Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sky 1 have commissioned a new action comedy called Bounty Hunters starring Jack Whitehall and Rosie Perez, the show is written by Jack Whitehall and Freddy Syborn (Bad Education)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sky 1 have commissioned a new action comedy called Bounty Hunters starring Jack Whitehall and Rosie Perez, the show is written by Jack Whitehall and Freddy Syborn (Bad Education)

If it's anywhere near as good as Bad Education, it'll be worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mr E wrote: »

I watched the last 2 episodes of Greys after years of a gap since I've seen it last and I didn't find it too bad, it seems to have a couple of big arcs with a case of the week thing going on as well.

ABC love Shonda :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Season 3 of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is coming to Netflix on May 19th.

Fox has renewed Lucifer for a 3rd season

• Registered Users Posts: 60,606 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

S.W.A.T.’ Reboot at CBS
    The “S.W.A.T.” reboot at CBS is heating up.

The pilot that already has A-list talent behind the camera has just cast Bond girl Stephanie Sigman in a starring role, Variety has learned exclusively.

Sigman is the first cast member to sign onto the reboot, which is based on the movie of the same name. The pilot follows a locally born and bred S.W.A.T. lieutenant who is torn between loyalty to the streets and duty to his fellow officers when he’s tasked to run a highly-trained unit that’s the last stop for solving crimes in Los Angeles. Sources say CBS is nearing a deal with an actor for the lead lieutenant role.

Sigman will play Jessica, who’s described as ambitious and fastidious, and has earned her high rank at S.W.A.T. headquarters.

The “S.W.A.T.” pilot was written by Aaron Thomas and will be directed by Justin Lin. Both will serve as executive producers, along with Shawn Ryan, Marney Hochman, Neal Moritz, Pavun Shetty, and Danielle Woodrow. Sony Pictures Television and CBS Television Studios are behind the hourlong drama.

The series is based on the 2003 film, which starred Samuel L. Jackson, Colin Farrell, LL Cool J, Michelle Rodriguez, and Jeremy Renner. That movie was based on the 1970s series, produced by Aaron Spelling, which ran for two seasons on ABC.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/swat-reboot-cbs-stephanie-sigman-1201987165/

Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams

Amazon Grabs U.S. Rights to Bryan Cranston’s ‘Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams’ Anthology Series
    Amazon has landed U.S. rights to the anthology series “Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams” from Sony Pictures Television, producer Bryan Cranston and “Outlander” showrunner Ronald D. Moore.

The series was set up last May by Sony TV with the U.K.’s Channel 4. The 10-episode drama will feature adaptations of works by the revered science fiction author, who penned the story that inspired 1982’s “Blade Runner.”

Dee Rees, writer-director of HBO’s “Bessie” and this year’s Sundance favorite “Mudbound,” has been recruited to write one of the episodes. Other scribes on board include Tony Grisoni (“Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas”), Jack Thorne (“Harry Potter and the Cursed Child”) Matthew Graham (“Life on Mars”), David Farr (“The Night Manager”) and Travis Beacham (“Pacific Rim”). Moore and fellow executive producer Michael Dinner (“Justified”) are also set to write.

“Electric Dreams” hails from Cranston’s Sony-based Moon Shot Entertainment banner. The “Breaking Bad” star is expected to appear in at least one episode of the series.

Cranston is exec producing the series along with Moore, Dinner, Maril Davis of Moore’s Tall Ship Productions, James Degus of Moon Shot; Isa Dick Hackett, Kalen Egan, and Christopher Tricarico of Electric Shepherd Productions; David Kanter and Matt DeRoss of Anonymous Content Entertainment; and Left Bank Pictures’ Lila Rawlings and Marigo Kehoe.

There’s no word yet on a premiere date. “Electric Dreams” is among a growing number of high-profile series projects from U.S. studios to be developed and sold first with an overseas network before landing a domestic outlet.

Cranston is building up his roster as a producer. Last month, Amazon launched the well-received caper drama “Sneaky Pete,” which also hails from Moon Shot and Sony TV.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/philip-k-dick-bryan-cranston-electric-dreams-anthology-series-1201987470/

Goliath renewed for season 2 by Amazon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The Mick (fantastic BTW if you're not watching) has been renewed by Fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

The Mick (fantastic BTW if you're not watching) has been renewed by Fox.

Great news. Its is a brilliant show

• Registered Users Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Lethal Weapon renewed for a second season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I might watch this so, watched about 2 minutes of the pilot after Timeless and couldnt face it.

Despite its many, many faults. I'll be disappointed if this isn't renewed. The story line was below par and the writers don't really seem to get time travel... but I still liked it :pac:

Fox renews Star for a 2nd season

Doubt has been pulled after 2 episodes. I watched the pilot and it wasn't great (although Heigl was the best thing about it)

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/doubt-cbs-katherine-heigl-1201996225/

Fox renews Feud (Ryan Murphy) and season 2 will be about Prince Charles and Princess Diana

http://tvline.com/2017/02/28/feud-season-2-charles-diana-renewed-fx/

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Doubt has been pulled after 2 episodes. I watched the pilot and it wasn't great (although Heigl was the best thing about it)

I haven't seen it and I'm not a fan of Heigl's (bar her role in Knocked Up) but cancelling after just 2 episodes is farcical.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Unfortunately for Heigl, she's poison in the industry since pissing off Shonda Rhimes. It must have been fairly awful for it to be cancelled so quickly; keeping in mind it was green-lit with different lead cast and it is an in-house produced show for CBS.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭arkrow

Unfortunately for Heigl, she's poison in the industry since pissing off Shonda Rhimes. It must have been fairly awful for it to be cancelled so quickly; keeping in mind it was green-lit with different lead cast and it is an in-house produced show for CBS.

What she do?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

arkrow wrote: »
    What she do?

Few things if I remember rightly, mainly she figured cause she got big money for a couple of movies that TV was below here, off the top of my head she didn't turn up for work and didn't want to be nominated for an Emmy cause she felt the writing wasn't good enough.

She is also supposed to have caused a lot of hassle and was downright difficult to work with on Roswell.

Riverdale renewed by The CW

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Survivor Renewed for Seasons 35 & 36

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Heigl was given plenty of films after knocked up, but they were all flops and she burnt her t.v. bridges.

Heigl was given plenty of films after knocked up, but they were all flops and she burnt her t.v. bridges.

She should grovel to Shonda and try get back on GA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The 100 has been renewed for a fifth season

• Advertisement

Advertisement