Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I've said before but would be funny to see the backlash if they did something like cast straight white men in the remake of Charmed.

Chris Hemsworth is in talks for the Men In Black reboot, I presume he'll be playing a new character but hey, the girls were playing new characters in Ghostbusters *shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Seems to be the new "in thing" a lot of remakes changing gender or ethnicity to be edgy...
    Greatest American Heroine
    Thomas Magnum is Hispanic
    It's not clever, it's just rehashing old ideas & adding an "interesting" twist....
    Rambowena is probably next :)

Apparently it's called "Gender Bending" and its a thing. Like Larry Croft or Jane Bond.

People are weird. :p

Red Line

Noah Wyle to Star in CBS Pilot Red Line
    R star Noah Wyle has signed on to play the lead role in the CBS drama pilot Red Line, TVLine has learned. Wyle will play Daniel Calder, a high school teacher whose black husband is shot and killed by a white Chicago police officer, leaving him a single parent to their adopted daughter.

Red Line, co-created by Caitlin Parrish (Supergirl) and Erica Weiss, follows three families in the aftermath of that fateful police shooting, all of whom are affected in different ways. A Wrinkle in Time director Ava DuVernay and uber-producer Greg Berlanti are onboard as executive producers. Wyle joins a cast that already includes Noel Fisher (Shameless), who’ll play the white Chicago cop.

http://tvline.com/2018/03/06/noah-wyle-cast-red-line-cbs-drama-pilot-daniel-calder/

Main Justice

‘Main Justice’: Peter Gallagher To Co-Star In CBS Legal Drama Pilot
    Meet CBS’ next fictional U.S. president. Peter Gallagher (Covert Affairs) has been tapped for a co-starring role opposite Bokeem Woodbine and Timothy Hutton in CBS’ legal drama pilot Main Justice.

Written by Sascha Penn and inspired by the life and work of former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, Main Justice centers on Miles Blair (Woodbine), the recently sworn-in Attorney General. The show takes us into the tumultuous world of the 5th floor of the Department of Justice, where he takes on the biggest legal and investigative cases in the country all while being the youngest person to ever hold such an esteemed position.

Gallagher will play President Whitbeck, who feels good about newly sworn-in attorney general and is happy to finally have a real cop in the position. However, when Miles makes some unorthodox decisions that have far-reaching effects on the president’s domestic and international agendas, he begins to have some reservations about his pick for AG.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/main-justice-peter-gallaghar-cast-cbs-legal-drama-pilot-us-president-1202312415/

• Advertisement

A Million Little Things

‘A Million Little Things’: Stephanie Szostak To Star In ABC Drama Pilot
    Stephanie Szostak (USA’s Satisfaction) has been cast as the last remaining female lead in ABC’s ensemble drama pilot A Million Little Things, from writer DJ Nash, Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment and ABC Studios.

In the tone of The Big Chill, A Million Little Things is an hourlong drama with comedy elements about a group of friends who, for different reasons and in different ways, all are stuck in their lives. When one of them dies unexpectedly, it’s just the wake-up call the others need to finally start living.

Szostak will play Delilah, who pushes through after her husband’s death for the sake of her children. She joins previously cast leads James Roday, Romany Malco, David Giuntoli, Allison Miller, Christina Ochoa, Anne Son and Christina Moses.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/a-million-little-things-stephanie-szostak-star-in-abc-drama-pilot-1202312546/

F.B.I.

CBS Orders Dick Wolf Drama ‘FBI’ Straight to Series
    An NBC staple is moving over to CBS.

The network announced Wednesday that it is giving a 13-episode straight-to-series order to “F.B.I.,” (working title) a show about the inner workings at the New York office of the government agency.

Dick Wolf, the iconic creator behind “Law & Order” and the “Chicago” franchise on NBC, created the series and is serving as an executive producer.

The one-hour drama is expected to air during the 2018-19 TV season.

http://www.thewrap.com/cbs-orders-dick-wolf-drama-fbi-straight-series/

Connie Nielsen To Co-Star In Dick Wolf’s ‘F.B.I.’ CBS Drama Series
    The series, a co-production between Universal Television, where Law & Order and Chicago boss Wolf has been based for a long time, and CBS TV Studios, chronicles the inner workings of the New York office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Nielsen will play Ellen, FBI Special Agent in Charge. A deeply respected boss, Ellen is elegant, cultured, and operates under massive pressure – political, public, and self-imposed. She deals by being highly organized and disarmingly direct. She’ll do anything for her agents who earn it, and is impossible to intimidate. Nielsen joins previously cast Zeeko Zaki.

Nielsen previously did an arc on Wolf’s Law & Order: SVU in 2006, filling in for star Mariska Hargitay while she was on a maternity leave.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/connie-nielsen-cast-dick-wolf-f-b-i-cbs-drama-series-1202312110/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The CW has acquired The Outpost, a 10-episode fantasy drama from Arrowstorm and Electric Entertainment. The series centers around Talon (Ash vs. Evil Dead‘s Jessica Green), the last surviving member of a race known as the Blackbloods.

The Outpost‘s official description is as follows:
    Years after her entire village is destroyed by a gang of brutal mercenaries, Talon travels to a lawless fortress on the edge of the civilized world, as she tracks the killers of her family. On her journey to this outpost, Talon discovers she possesses a mysterious supernatural power that she must learn to control in order to save herself, and defend the world against a fanatical religious dictator.

http://tvline.com/2018/03/07/the-outpost-tv-series-fantasy-drama-the-cw-summer-2018/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The CW has acquired The Outpost, a 10-episode fantasy drama from Arrowstorm and Electric Entertainment. The series centers around Talon (Ash vs. Evil Dead‘s Jessica Green), the last surviving member of a race known as the Blackbloods.

The Outpost‘s official description is as follows:

http://tvline.com/2018/03/07/the-outpost-tv-series-fantasy-drama-the-cw-summer-2018/
    Does anyone but me read the above and think it sounds like Borderlands 2 with Maya in the main role basically?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Never played it, but I always find it funny when they list the person as having starred in something they barely appeared in. Like I looked her up and her imdb page just has her in one episode of Ash vs Evil Dead that hasn't even aired yet.

I like to think CW just bought the series because they misread Arrowstorm as Arrowverse

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah I was confused about that as she was not someone I remembered from AvsED

With all the remakes happening I predict the next one will be a same sex marriage Hart 2 Hart.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

With all the remakes happening I predict the next one will be a same sex marriage Hart 2 Hart.

Tell us more... which gender have you in mind for this couple!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Star Wars Series

Jon Favreau To EP & Write ‘Star Wars’ Series For Disney Streaming Service
    Lucasfilm announced this morning that Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau has signed on to executive produce and write a live-action Star Wars series for Disney’s new direct-to-consumer platform. Favreau is a big Star Wars fan having played roles in both the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series and in the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story.

“I couldn’t be more excited about Jon coming on board to produce and write for the new direct-to-consumer platform,” says Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy. “Jon brings the perfect mix of producing and writing talent, combined with a fluency in the Star Wars universe. This series will allow Jon the chance to work with a diverse group of writers and directors and give Lucasfilm the opportunity to build a robust talent base.”

“If you told me at 11 years old that I would be getting to tell stories in the Star Wars universe, I wouldn’t have believed you. I can’t wait to embark upon this exciting adventure,” added the filmmaker who has delivered such hit to Disney as Marvel’s Iron Man 1& 2 and Jungle Book. He’s in the midst of production on a live action version of The Lion King set for release in 2019. Jungle Book won an Oscar for VFX.

Disney CEO Bob Iger teased the news during the recent earnings call, but did not name the project. He said the studio output of four to five original series and another four to five original movies would head to the Disney entertainment OTT service for its planned launch in late 2019. Lucasfilm’s Carrie Beck had been overseeing the programming efforts for the OTT service.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/jon-favreau-to-ep-write-star-wars-series-for-disney-streaming-service-1202319033/

• Registered Users Posts: 86,387 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://tvline.com/2018/03/08/suits-spinoff-gina-torres-series-order-jessica-pearson-usa-network/

Suits spin off about Jessica Pearson (Gina Torres) gets series order by USA Network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://tvline.com/2018/03/08/suits-spinoff-gina-torres-series-order-jessica-pearson-usa-network/

Suits spin off about Jessica Pearson (Gina Torres) gets series order by USA Network

I predict a swift cancellation.

The Librarians cancelled, but Dean Devlin is looking for a new home.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/928951-the-librarians-has-been-canceled-by-tnt-looking-for-new-home

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mr E wrote: »
    The Librarians cancelled, but Dean Devlin is looking for a new home.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/928951-the-librarians-has-been-canceled-by-tnt-looking-for-new-home

I think this would be a brilliant show for Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

It has potential to be a good show but it's just a bit too cheesy for me... which is odd because I really liked Eureka.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

It has potential to be a good show but it's just a bit too cheesy for me... which is odd because I really liked Eureka.

Ah Eureka was class. Much much better than the Librarians. I still watch the Librarians every so often but I do miss Eureka.

Eureka was 100 times better than The Librarians.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think Librarians can be compared more to Warehouse 13 than Eureka. Though W13 got much darker at times. I miss the whole Eurekaverse of Eureka, W13 and Alphas

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've never watched Eureka but enjoyed Librarians and Warehouse 13, I guess that's another show to add to my "must watch" list

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Ludo wrote: »
    Ah Eureka was class. Much much better than the Librarians. I still watch the Librarians every so often but I do miss Eureka.
    Mr E wrote: »
    Eureka was 100 times better than The Librarians.

I meant more in terms of the "cheese" factor that exists in both shows.

Lacey a Cagney and Lacey reboot at CBS. Magnum P.I. reboot at CBS.

New Magnum P.I. & Lacey Likely To Be Diverse As Broadcast Networks Eye Most Inclusive Pilot Leads Ever

http://deadline.com/2018/02/new-magnum-p-i-lacey-diverse-broadcast-networks-inclusive-pilot-leads-1202276900/

The Cagney and Lacey reboot was one I didn't see coming.

Sarah Drew is Cagney with Michelle Hurd as Lacey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

So the chubby one has now lost weight and changed colour?.... Harvey is in for a shock!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 vader ed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Sarah Drew already picks up a gig after being dropped from Greys Anatomy.

Advertisement