Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Niamh Algar is doing well for herself. Think she's also in the upcoming HBO sci-fi drama, Raised By Wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Niamh Algar is doing well for herself. Think she's also in the upcoming HBO sci-fi drama, Raised By Wolves.

I've been looking forwrd to this.

Heard it it "very unusual" or "a bit bonkers" in a very good way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Live action Resident Evil show coming to Netflix

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1298949632379121665?s=19
    The Netflix series will tell its new story across two timelines. In the first, 14-year-old sisters Jade and Billie Wesker are moved to New Raccoon City. A manufactured, corporate town, forced on them right as adolescence is in full swing. But the more time they spend there, the more they come to realize that the town is more than it seems and their father may be concealing dark secrets. Secrets that could destroy the world. The second, more than a decade into the future sees less than 15 million people left on Earth. And more than 6 billion monsters — people and animals infected with the T-virus. Jade, now 30, struggles to survive in this new world, while the secrets from her past — about her sister, her father and herself — continue to haunt her.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Live action Resident Evil show coming to Netflix
    It's being run by Andew Dabb, who is the EP on 'Supernatural' for the last 4-5 years and who has done, to my mind, the best job since Eric Kripke's original run on the first five seasons.

ixoy wrote: »
    It's being run by Andew Dabb, who is the EP on 'Supernatural' for the last 4-5 years and who has done, to my mind, the best job since Eric Kripke's original run on the first five seasons.

I'm stuck at the point just after the Leviathans are released.

Something keeps stopping me from getting to see episodes.

Not really taking to the Leviathans - they just slot into modern human life within difficulty.

I'll around to it eventually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭brian_t

New Greg Davies comedy coming to BBC.

The Cleaner tells the story of Paul ‘Wicky’ Wickstead (Greg Davies), who is a state-certified cleaning technician with a very special field of work: as a crime scene cleaner he is responsible for the removal of any signs of death. Wicky works for Shropshire-based cleaning contractors Lausen.

The comedy series is based on the long-running German comedy series Der Tatortreiniger (Crime Scene Cleaner).

https://www.tvwise.co.uk/2020/08/bbc-one-orders-crime-scene-cleanup-comedy-the-cleaner-greg-davies-to-star/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,776 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sphere

Drama Series Based On Book In Works At HBO From ‘Westworld’ Producers & Team Downey

HBO is developing drama series Sphere based on Michael Crichton’s novel of the same name, from Westworld executive producer/writer Denise Thé, Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan’s Kilter Films (Westworld), Robert Downey Jr. and Susan Downey’s Team Downey and Warner Bros. Television.

Written by Thé, based on the novel, Sphere plunges us one thousand feet into the ocean, where a group of scientists confronts the surreal, beautiful, and deadly mysteries of the universe, only to find the people closest to us may prove to be the most alien.

Thé, who also serves as showrunner, executive produces with Kilter Films’ Nolan, Joy and Athena Wickham and Team Downey’s Robert Downey Jr, Susan Downey and Amanda Burrell. The project is a co-production of Kilter Films, Team Downey and Warner Bros. TV.......

https://deadline.com/2020/08/sphere-drama-series-book-michael-crichton-hbo-denise-the-1203024878/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm not familiar with him but the premise has basically just been done already on SyFy/Netflix's Van Helsing and it was absolutely terrible, two young sisters and a Wesker knock off father working for a shady company.

Sphere

Drama Series Based On Book In Works At HBO From ‘Westworld’ Producers & Team Downey

https://deadline.com/2020/08/sphere-drama-series-book-michael-crichton-hbo-denise-the-1203024878/

I bought the book at an airport when it was released. I remember that much but it is driving me nuts trying to remember where.

I have a vague recollection of the story but remember the ending and it was a big letdown.

Looking forward to this though. All set on the ocean floor,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,191 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

There was a film as well with Sharon Stone, Dustin Hoffman and Samuel L Jackson.
    With this and Westworld, I wonder if HBO have some kind of deal for Crichton's works

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    There was a film as well with Sharon Stone, Dustin Hoffman and Samuel L Jackson.
    With this and Westworld, I wonder if HBO have some kind of deal for Crichton's works

Enough there to keep them going a few years.

Jurassic Park the series anyone?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Jurassic Park the series anyone?
    Netflix sort of have it already: Jurassic World - Camp Cretaceous

Netflix sort of have it already: Jurassic World - Camp Cretaceous

I keep forgetting about that .

I meant a live action TV remake, though. I jus wanted the frenzy :)

'X-Files' Animated Comedy in the Works at Fox

The project would follow a new set of characters who comprise division's junior varsity.
    Fox is looking to reopen The X-Files — in animated form.

The network is developing a comedic, animated take on the beloved series that will focus on a new set of characters — a B-team of agents working in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The potential series is called The X-Files: Albuquerque and centers on an office of misfit agents who investigate cases too wacky, ridiculous or dopey for Scully and Mulder.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/x-files-animated-comedy-in-the-works-at-fox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I saw the headline the other day but I'm just realising now that I didn't read the article.

I guess that shows my enthusiasm:pac:

Season 10 had some good episodes. Season :pac::pac: was bad.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    NOS4A2 cancelled

For goodness sake. Another show I haven't started.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭cena

Big show cancelled by Netflix

Arnold Schwarzenegger To Star In & EP Spy Adventure Series In Works At Skydance TV From Nick Santora
    EXCLUSIVE: Skydance Television is developing an original hourlong series headlined and executive produced by Arnold Schwarzenegger in his first major foray into scripted television, I have learned.

Created by Scorpion creator Nick Santora, the series is said to be a global spy adventure with a father (Schwarzenegger) and daughter at the center of the story.

Skydance is expected to take out the project to streamers shortly. I hear preliminary casting is underway for the role of the daughter.

Santora is developing and executive producing the untitled series as part of his overall deal with Skydance Television. He also serves as executive producer/showrunner of the studio’s upcoming Jack Reacher series for Amazon.

https://deadline.com/2020/08/arnold-schwarzenegger-star-ep-global-spy-adventure-series-skydance-tv-nick-santora-streaming-1203027271/

Wow I never knew this about her this could be a better documentary.

Riverdale’s Marisol Nichols’ Wild Tale Of Becoming An Undercover Sex Trafficking Agent To Be Turned Into TV Series By Sony Pictures Television
    EXCLUSIVE: Over the past few years, Marisol Nichols has been juggling the demands of being an actor on series including Riverdale with a side gig as an undercover agent in the fight against sex trafficking.

The latter is now being turned into a television series after Sony Pictures Television optioned rights to her story.

Nichols, who plays Hermione Lodge on the CW series, revealed her unusual side hustle in a long-form story in May’s Marie Claire.

In the article, written by Erika Hayasaki, she revealed that for the past six years she has been hunting child sex predators. She has been working undercover with agents from the FBI, Operation Underground Railroad and local law enforcement to serve as the “bait” for sting operations domestically and internationally.

She has played the part of a parent pimping out a child, or, depending on what the situation calls for, the role of a child being pimped out to a guy who thinks he is about to have sex with a 12-year-old. Nichols, who is also set to star in Lionsgate’s Saw reboot Spiral next year, has participated in numerous child sex stings around the world over the last few years.

Having appeared in shows such as CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and Law & Order: SVU, more than once playing a cop, she began to work in the world of human trafficking after her career slowed down around 2012.

She subsequently started a nonprofit, Foundation for a Slavery Free World, in 2014, and has regularly spoken publicly about the subject.

Her story as a Hollywood vigilante is now being adapted for the small screen. Sony Pictures Television is in the early stages of development of the project, which will see Nichols exec produce and likely star in the story.

https://deadline.com/2020/08/marisol-nichols-undercover-sex-trafficking-agent-sony-1203027844/

• Advertisement

Arnold Schwarzenegger To Star In & EP Spy Adventure Series In Works At Skydance TV From Nick Santora

https://deadline.com/2020/08/arnold-schwarzenegger-star-ep-global-spy-adventure-series-skydance-tv-nick-santora-streaming-1203027271/

Sounds good.

Riverdale’s Marisol Nichols’ Wild Tale Of Becoming An Undercover Sex Trafficking Agent To Be Turned Into TV Series By Sony Pictures Television

https://deadline.com/2020/08/marisol-nichols-undercover-sex-trafficking-agent-sony-1203027844/

That is a strange thing to process.

Must be some strength in her to be able to take job like that. It goes beyond acting a part.

The Three-Body Problem

Game of Thrones EPs David Benioff, D.B. Weiss to Adapt The Three-Body Problem Sci-Fi Trilogy at Netflix
    David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are putting their stamp on another iconic book series. The Game of Thrones creators will adapt Liu Cixin’s The Three-Body Problem sci-fi trilogy as a Netflix drama, TVLine has learned.

Though Cixin’s trilogy — which consists of The Three-Body Problem, The Dark Forest and Death’s End — was originally published in Chinese, the Netflix series will be an English-language adaptation. Per the streamer’s logline, the show will tell “the story of humanity’s first contact with an alien civilization.”

“Liu Cixin’s trilogy is the most ambitious science-fiction series we’ve read, taking readers on a journey from the 1960s until the end of time, from life on our pale blue dot to the distant fringes of the universe,” said Benioff and Weiss, who will write and executive-produce the series. “We look forward to spending the next years of our lives bringing this to life for audiences around the world.”

https://tvline.com/2020/09/01/the-three-body-problem-david-benioff-db-weiss-netflix-series-adaptation/

The Three-Body Problem

Game of Thrones EPs David Benioff, D.B. Weiss to Adapt The Three-Body Problem Sci-Fi Trilogy at Netflix

https://tvline.com/2020/09/01/the-three-body-problem-david-benioff-db-weiss-netflix-series-adaptation/

Never heard of it and sounds very interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Tried it, coz I'm a sucker for sci-fi, but gave up. Premise sounded interesting, but found the dialogue too simplistic (and the narrative a bit slow) in the build-up. A lot of people rave about it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,191 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With her involved and the subject matter being so important to her, she'll be strict in how everything is portrayed to keep it as believable as possible to get the message out there. Though this could also lead to people finding it hard to watch.
    I admit I don't read a lot these days and don't keep up to date, but I find this a lot. New film or series based on a book/book series is announced that I never heard of, but then start to hear how they're popular worldwide and bestselling. Yet I could safely say I've never seen them in the likes of Easons until that point.
    Like I knew about the existence of the Wheel of Time books as I've seen them as well as others. But so many I haven't seen

• Registered Users Posts: 48 genius200iq

My guilty pleasure is The 100, its coming to a end this season, well the makers are working on a prequel which will show life on earth just after the war stared, the origin of the grounders, i for one am looking forward to it.

My guilty pleasure is The 100, its coming to a end this season, well the makers are working on a prequel which will show life on earth just after the war stared, the origin of the grounders, i for one am looking forward to it.

That is no guilty pleasure - The 100 is great science fiction.

It started as a bit "teens in space" but has turned into different things over the years.

I'm sad it is finishing glad it will do so while still good.

Knew there was prequel but didn't know what it would be about. While it be the same creative behind it?

I didn't know the live action Cowboy BeBoop had gone into production already.

Found out an hour it was on hold because John Cho damaged his knee. 6 month shout down is mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 genius200iq

That is no guilty pleasure - The 100 is great science fiction.

It started as a bit "teens in space" but has turned into different things over the years.

I'm sad it is finishing glad it will do so while still good.

Knew there was prequel but didn't know what it would be about. While it be the same creative behind it?

The same creatives are making it, you can see in the current season they are laying the ground work with a few flash back scenes to earth just as the war starts, the origin of the grounders and so on, i know ill be watching it.

Advertisement