Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Eva Green is brilliant is everything.

she is also brilliant in nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 86,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Supernatural’ Prequel ‘The Winchesters’ In Works At the CW From Jensen & Danneel Ackles

The prequel will focus on Sam and Dean’s parents and Jensen Ackles will reprise his role as Dean Winchester as the narrator

Deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 60,632 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Why is he gutted?

I’m way behind on every show but this most of all.

When I last saw Supernatural their angel buddy had assumed the role of God, went out of control and then exploded. I saw that about two years ago but I know it was much older than that.

I doubt it is ever coming back to Prime so maybe I can continue if we ever get HBO Max here.

Anyway I assume this new show would be about the mother hunting monsters and demons while keeping to keeping it secret from her husband (who doesn’t learn about the supernatural until after her death).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He's probably gutted because he was Jensen's partner on Supernatural for 15 seasons so would probably expect to be involved in conversations or have Jensen discuss it with him beforehand, at least.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    He's probably gutted because he was Jensen's partner on Supernatural for 15 seasons so would probably expect to be involved in conversations or have Jensen discuss it with him beforehand, at least.

Is that what he said on Twitter?

If so I would think for friends (which they do appear to be) that such comments are better made in a private conversation or private phone call and not in public.

I'm assuming that would be the reason for his reaction.
    Yeah, I never understand why such comments are made publicly like that.
    https://tvline.com/2021/06/24/jared-padalecki-reaction-jensen-ackles-supernatural-prequel-spinoff/
    Then there was apparently a tweet he deleted
    Padalecki — who currently headlines The CW’s Walker — fired off a third tweet, which has since been deleted, at Robbie Thompson, the Supernatural co-executive producer who will pen the prospective series. “Et tu brute? Wow. What a truly awful thing you’ve done,” it read. “#Bravo you coward.”

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm assuming that would be the reason for his reaction.
    Yeah, I never understand why such comments are made publicly like that.
    https://tvline.com/2021/06/24/jared-padalecki-reaction-jensen-ackles-supernatural-prequel-spinoff/
    Then there was apparently a tweet he deleted

For goodness sake. What a knob.

Doesn’t he have his own TV series now? It isn’t like he out of work.

I thought the show covered young John and Mary enough, is Kripke behind Ackles involvement?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pirate Master

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought the show covered young John and Mary enough, is Kripke behind Ackles involvement?

Yeah, Kripke has tweeted in support of the idea.

• Advertisement

I think I last saw the show at early season 7 and that showed plenty of the family background. After 15 years of 20+ episodes a year there can’t be any monster left for the family to hunt.

I know Ackles would just be producer and narrator but he must want to try something different to Supernatural at this stage.

Madame X
    HBO Max and J.J. Abrams are doubling down on DC.

The streamer is developing a series based on Madame X, the DC Comics character otherwise known as Madame Xanadu.

It comes from writer and exec producer Angela Robinson, who has worked on series including HBO’s Hung and True Blood and wrote her own Web series at DC Comics.

The character, also known as Nima or Nimue, is a clairvoyant who uses tarot cards to tell the future, she can levitate objects, teleport and banish minor demons. She is immortal, never aging and unable to be killed in any manner, thanks to her deal with Death. She first appeared in 1978, having been designed by Michael William Kaluta with a storyline developed by David Michelinie and Val Mayerik and in later comics has a full time-job as a psychic at a law firm to help solve crimes.

https://deadline.com/2021/06/madame-x-series-dc-comics-hbo-max-angela-robinson-j-j-abrams-1234781704/

I think I last saw the show at early season 7 and that showed plenty of the family background. After 15 years of 20+ episodes a year there can’t be any monster left for the family to hunt.
    I know Ackles would just be producer and narrator but he must want to try something different to Supernatural at this stage.

He is in The Boys for season 3

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pirate Master

He is in The Boys for season 3

He also voices Batman in The Long Halloween animated films.

He also voices Batman in The Long Halloween animated films.

Are you a masterful pirate or the master of pirates?

I would say Days of our Lives would welcome Jensen back as Eric :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

BBC Reboots ‘The Weakest Link’ With Comedian Romesh Ranganathan

BBC is rebooting its famed quiz show “The Weakest Link” with host Romesh Ranganathan and a line-up of celebrity contestants.

The show, a BBC Studios Entertainment production, will return to BBC One with 12 episodes of 45 minutes each, filmed in Glasgow, Scotland. Celebrities will need to answer a variety of general knowledge questions in the quick-fire quiz before two are left to go head to head — all in aid of their chosen charity.

“The Weakest Link” first aired in 2000 with acerbic host Anne Robinson (who has recently been appointed the first female presenter of Channel 4’s “Countdown”) and members of the general public as contestants. Robinson gained a reputation for her vitriolic put-downs.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/bbc-weakest-link-romesh-ranganathan-1235006559/

Made for Love renewed by HBO Max

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Awesome! Didn't think we'd see that.

Unknown
    TNT is developing Unknown, a one-hour drama based on the 2011 Liam Neeson action-thriller boxoffice hit. Directed by Jaume Collet-Serra and produced by Dark Castle Entertainment, the film told the story of Martin Harris (Neeson), a doctor who lost his memory after a car accident and woke up to find his identity taken and the target of mysterious assassins.

https://deadline.com/2021/06/unknown-series-sequel-tnt-liam-neeson-jaume-collet-serra-1234783139/

City on Fire
    Apple has given a series order to City on Fire, a drama inspired by Garth Risk Hallberg’s novel of the same name, from Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage (Gossip Girl). This marks the first series order to hail from Schwartz and Savage’s first look deal with Apple under their Fake Empire Productions banner. Produced by Apple Studios, the eight-episode first season will premiere globally on Apple TV+.

In City on Fire, an NYU student is shot in Central Park on the 4th of July, 2003. Samantha Cicciaro is alone; there are no witnesses and very little physical evidence. Her friends’ band is playing her favorite downtown club but she leaves to meet someone, promising to return. She never does. As the crime against Samantha is investigated, she’s revealed to be the crucial connection between a series of mysterious city-wide fires, the downtown music scene, and a wealthy uptown real estate family fraying under the strain of the many secrets they keep.

https://deadline.com/2021/06/city-on-fire-drama-josh-schwartz-stephanie-savage-apple-series-order-1234784414/

Leningrad
    : Michael Hirst, creator of Vikings and The Tudors, is taking on one of the most epic and tragic events of World War II, the 872-day blockade of Leningrad.

He will write the series, an adaptation of Anna Reid’s 2011 book Leningrad: The Epic Siege of World War II, 1941-1944, which draws mostly upon personal diaries. The project is a co-production between Range Media Partners and Svetlana and Alexey Kuzmichev’s Orangery Productions.

One of modern history’s most harrowing stories, the Siege of Leningrad (now Saint Petersburg) is one of the deadliest blockades of a city in human history. Nazi troops encircled the city two and a half months into the invasion of the Soviet Union at the height of the war, trapping everyone inside with no food, no resources, and no escape. Nearly a million civilians died – mostly from starvation.

But while this is a story about brutality and profound suffering, it is also a story about human resilience, and about astonishing acts of grace and courage. Leningraders protected their families, defended the besieged city, and they turned to the arts, defying all odds to somehow create masterpieces, even while enduring unthinkable strife. (That includes the local premiere of Shostakovich’s “Leningrad” Symphony No. 7 in August 1942.)

“Because the authentic voice of the people is crucial to telling the true story, one of the great resources are the diaries kept by so many people, specifically women, in the city,” Hirst said. “The majority of our main characters are women, not only because they are often overlooked or even ignored in historical accounts, but also because while many of Leningrad’s men went to war and died in battle, the women remained. I think it’s entirely right to tell the story of the Siege through the female experience.”

https://deadline.com/2021/06/leningrad-series-michael-hirst-anna-reid-wwii-siege-1234784167/

The Craving
    Netflix is developing a new thriller drama series from Escape Room director Adam Robitel and Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension writer Gavin Heffernan.

The writing duo are working up The Craving for the streamer. They have written the pilot and are set to open a writers’ room for season one. Robitel will also direct the pilot episode and likely other episodes if the project is picked up.

They are executive producing with Darren Aronofsky and Elizabeth Gesas at Protozoa Pictures.

The Craving explores the real-world horrors of addiction through a genre lens. It centers around a female sheriff in a Colorado ski town besieged by an unprecedented new threat.

https://deadline.com/2021/06/adam-robitel-gavin-heffernan-thriller-series-netflix-darren-aronofsky-protozoa-pictures-1234784231/

It would be nice if this was in Russian with Russian actors but probably unlikely.

No streaming service or TV network mentioned for this.

Pilot season

ABC passing on Triage, National Parks & Dark Horse

Epic & Promised Land still have a chance.
    ABC has made decisions on three of its five outstanding drama pilots, passing on Triage, Dark Horse and the Kevin Costner-executive produced National Parks Investigation. Meanwhile, Epic and Promised Land, whose final cuts are still being locked in, remain in consideration for midseason. They come from ABC Signature, has options on the casts until September I hear.

https://deadline.com/2021/07/abc-pilots-triage-national-parks-investigation-dead-epic-promised-land-active-1234785028/

With the filming that was going on here, I was sure Epic was already picked up. Didn't think it was just a pilot

National Parks

Billy Campbell To Headline ABC’s ‘National Parks’ Drama Pilot From Kevin Costner

https://deadline.com/2021/02/billy-campbell-cast-star-national-parks-abc-pilot-kevin-costner-1234694653/

ABC is passing on three more drama pilots from its 2021 pilot season slate.

“National Parks Investigation,” “Triage,” and “Dark Horse” have all been passed over by the network after being in consideration for midseason pickups. Fellow dramas “Epic” and “Promised Land” remain in contention.

“National Parks Investigation” boasted Kevin Costner as co-writer and executive producer. The series revolved around the small group of elite NPS agents as they solve these crimes while protecting America’s national parks.

The cast included Billy Campbell, Angel Parker, Guillermo Diaz, Tiffany Dupont, Ashlei Sharpe Chestnut, Blu Hunt, Gerardo Celasco. Along with Costner, the show was written and executive produced by Aaron Helbing and Jon Baird. Barry Jossen, Tana Jamieson, Rod Lake, Ivan Cohen, and Ken Halsband also executive produced, with Anthony Hemingway directing and executive producing the pilot. A+E Studios and 20th Television produce.

“Triage” was a holdover from the 2020 pilot season. The medical drama followed a pioneering surgeon, Finley Briar, over three distinct decades at the same hospital. It starred Michael Ealy, Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Vondie Curtis-Hall, Gabriel Sloyer, Parisa Fitz-Henley, Andrew Richardson, Bex Taylor-Klaus, and Kathleen Robertson. David Cornue was the writer and executive producer with Erica Messer attached as showrunner and executive producer. Steven Marrs, Courtney Hazlett, and Caitlin Foito executive produced with Jon M. Chu directing and executive producing the pilot. 20th Television was the studio.

Based on an Australian format, “Dark Horse” follows Alex Irving, a passionate Indigenous woman, on her unconventional journey into politics. According to an individual with knowledge of the show, there are plans to shop it to other outlets. William Jehu Garroutte was the writer and executive producer with Jessica Goldberg onboard as showrunner and executive producer. Peter Traugott, Avi Nir, Alon Shtruzman, Darren Dale, Miranda Dear, and Rachel Griffiths executive produced. Universal Television produced with Keshet Studios.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/abc-drama-pilots-national-parks-investigation-triage-dark-horse-1235010129/

• Advertisement

Netflix UK has ordered Hard Cell, a six episode prison comedy that hails from Catherine Tate and Leopard Pictures. Filming is now underway, ahead of a 2022 premiere.

Advertisement