Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Whitney Cummings E talk show has been cancelled but her sitcom though is still surviving let's hope that goes soon as well
    Good, that was hideous. I sometimes caught a couple of minutes while waiting for The Soup to come on and I wanted to claw my eyes out. Who keeps giving her TV gigs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Deadline posted a roundup of what it thinks will be renewed/cancelled:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/pilot-season-2013-analysis-networks-increase-volume-after-lack-of-new-series/

CW:
    Hart of Dixie : Likely Renewal
    Beauty and the Beast: Hopeful
    Nikita, The Carrie Diaries: Toss ups
    90210: Flat lining

NBC:
    Chicago Fire, Parks And Recreation, Grimm, Parenthood and Revolution : likely Renewal
    Community,Go On and the New Normal: Possible Renewals
    Law & Order: SVU: Could squeeze in another season

CBS:
    only CSI:NY, Rules of Engagement, The Mentalist and Vegas are in danger

FOX:
    The Following : Likely Renewal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/pilot-season-2013-analysis-networks-increase-volume-after-lack-of-new-series/

CW:
    Hart of Dixie : Likely Renewal
    Beauty and the Beast: Hopeful
    Nikita, The Carrie Diaries: Toss ups
    90210: Flat lining

NBC:
    Chicago Fire, Parks And Recreation, Grimm, Parenthood and Revolution : likely Renewal
    Community,Go On and the New Normal: Possible Renewals
    Law & Order: SVU: Could squeeze in another season

CBS:
    only CSI:NY, Rules of Engagement, The Mentalist and Vegas are in danger

FOX:
    The Following : Likely Renewal
    i can never understand why CSI:NY is constantly on the bubble for cancellation, its paired with blue bloods on friday nights for the last i think 3 years, both shows consistently pull in 10 million viewers plus each week, BB generally outperforms NY but only by about 1 million viewers:confused::confused:,

out of the NBC possibilities i really hope Go On gets renewed, but its been hemorrhaging viewers the last few weeks, but so has the new normal and community has come back very low, they will have renew at least one of them to help fill the schedule next season, so hopefully it will be go on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If Th Mentalist is cancelled, I hope they get to wrap it up. Nothing more annoying than a show getting cancelled between seasons after 4 or 5 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If Th Mentalist is cancelled, I hope they get to wrap it up. Nothing more annoying than a show getting cancelled between seasons after 4 or 5 seasons.
    I'm hoping it stays but has been dragged out a bit by now. If it is to go, the least it deserves is the same as Fringe and told they have one more season (or half season) to wrap everything up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,163 ✭✭✭squonk

I hope The New Normal sticks around. It's my favourite of the new comedies this year. Ellen Barkin is a legend on that show!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Americans just got Season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,297 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Man I hope The Mentalist and Vegas dont go. I especially surprised by Vegas. Im on episode 12 at the moment and pretty enjoyable.

Mr E wrote: »
    The Americans just got Season 2.

Um...you wont be happy with this news my friend :(

Space channel has cancelled Primevil: New World

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/canadas-space-channel-cancels-primeval-423025

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was the only person in Ireland watching it, I think. :o
    Shame, it really ramped up towards the end too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

Mr E wrote: »
    I was the only person in Ireland watching it, I think. :o

Nope, you weren't the only one. I really liked it, even a bit more than the original British series. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Um...you wont be happy with this news my friend :(

Space channel has cancelled Primevil: New World

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/canadas-space-channel-cancels-primeval-423025

Cant believe there was a dino show on and I didnt know about it - and now its over before I've seen a single episode :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

BBC Shows

Ripper Street gets a second series
    Waiting to hear if Father Brown and Blandings does
    Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Good news about The Americans - thats going to need at least a second season to spin out the whole espionage saga in the US thing.

Nick has renewed the turtles through season 3: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles–The hit series has been renewed for a third season with 26-episodes. The half-hour CG-animated action-comedy, which was 2012’s number-one new animated program with boys 2-11 across all TV, will continue to showcase the camaraderie of the four mutant brothers as they use their ninjutsu skills to battle the supernatural evil forces that threaten not only New York City, but the entire world. Season two is currently in production at the Nickelodeon Animation Studio. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is executive produced by Ciro Nieli and Peter Hastings.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,297 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I must be the only one who thinks that show is ****ing awful

I expected it to be awful, but I was very pleasantly surprised. I grew up on the original series and missed the later series.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Nikita : Toss up

Nikita will be renewed. It fills a niche for the CW and has a rabidly loyal fanbase that will follow it. In fact if it doesn't make 5 seasons like Alias and Chuck did, I would be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,464 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kirby wrote: »
    Nikita will be renewed. It fills a niche for the CW and has a rabidly loyal fanbase that will follow it. In fact if it doesn't make 5 seasons like Alias and Chuck did, I would be surprised.

I hope it is

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »

Given the news about Cult I think season 4 of Nikita is 100% now, they are effectively burning off Cult on Fridays...it'll probably do equal or maybe even better numbers on Friday then Tuesday.

Friday is a very genre/cult heavy day so it might work better. The Carrie Diaries has tanked in the last few eps. and 90210 is on life support.

Hart Of Dixie....unsure, Beauty & The Beast is dead as well imo. I think they'll renew Nikita and HoD and axe everything else.

Or axe everything expect Nikita (WB/syndication) and start fresh with lots of new shows.

LOL I never twigged that HoD was a CW show. Always figured it was CBS. For some reason I don't get the CW bug on my HoD shows as I do for Nikita. I'd be sorry to see HoD go bye-bye. It's a show I should hate but I actually find it entertaining and it's not just down to ogling Rachel Bilson on a weekly basis either. Admittedly you need to be in the mood for it but if you're tired and just need something that you can turn your brain completely off for and have an odd laugh, then HoD is the way to go.

Having said that, it wouldn't be the end of the world if it left us either. Losing Nikita would be a MAJOR disaster in my world so I suppose it's all relative.

HoD and Nikita were both iffy for pickup for this season. I only watch Nikita of those 2 so hoping that it gets renewed. Though read an interview with someone from CW and they said it was performing well for the slot it's in. Of course he wasn't gonna say it's screwed.

I'd have thought Nikita was one of their better shows. It'd be a crime if it's not picked up for a new season. The fact that the storyline has gotten darker this season and that they're in the early stages of becoming Division v2.0 will make life very interesting.

Who Zoe Hart eventually ends up with isn't quite as compelling however.

Sky One’s action adventure Sinbad has been axed after just one series

The CW has cancelled 90210 after five seasons, no proper ending or storylines cleared up, so the race for Nikita gets a bit easier.....expect more cancellations!

http://tvline.com/2013/02/28/90210-cancelled-by-the-cw/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sky One’s action adventure Sinbad has been axed after just one series
    Guess there is no point in watching it now. Was planning on catching up at some point.

• Advertisement

The CW has cancelled 90210 after five seasons, no proper ending or storylines cleared up, so the race for Nikita gets a bit easier.....expect more cancellations!

http://tvline.com/2013/02/28/90210-cancelled-by-the-cw/

TBF the sho has been crap since Season 3 imo but I did think it would get a short Season 6 for a proper ending

Advertisement