Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Someone said it on here a few days ago this year seems to be very bad for cancellations I have to agree with it . So many good shows being cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Gutted Believe is cancelled! It's a really good show! Now I dont know how hannibal got another series, that show is seriously boring

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've not seen a single series pickup that looks particularly promising. It's all the same old crap again and again, particularly when it comes to sitcoms. A reboot of the odd couple? Seriously?

(Although I sort of hope that's good for Matthew Perry's sake)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Although I like Hannibal as far as i can see Revolution rated better. it must have been cheaper to make or something which saved it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

smilerf wrote: »
    Although I like Hannibal as far as i can see Revolution rated better. it must have been cheaper to make or something which saved it

Revolution was a very expensive show with average to poor reviews. Hannibal was paid for mostly by an external studio so it was really cheap for NBC and was critically acclaimed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

IMHO Revolution only stands a chance for revival at Netflix or Amazon, perhaps at a stretch TNT (but I don't think it works there financially). The Bad Robot connection gives it a leg up, but it'd need to reduce production costs. I say chances of a network move are slim but not out of the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

ITV orders new thriller ‘Safe House’
    Inspired by a true story, the four-part mini-series tells the story of a married couple who turn their remote Guest House into a Safe House.

“It’s a compelling four-part drama from Michael Crompton with great characters and genuine twists which keep you guessing right to the end.”

Safe House begins filming this autumn.

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/itv-orders-new-thriller-safe-house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Thrill wrote: »
    NBC Renews ‘About A Boy’ For Second Season

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/about-a-boy-renewed-season-2-nbc/

‘Crisis’ & ‘Believe’ confirmed as cancelled

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/nbc-crisis-believe-cancelled/
    [/url]

Gutted that Believe was cancelled. Absolutely loved that show :(

Delighted for About a Boy though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Boooooooooooooooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Excellent news. Great show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

No more revolution or suburbgatory :SD
    Renewal of the blacklist and modern family :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't see that coming! The Mentalist renewed for another season. Was sure it was done.

The Crazy Ones, Bad Teacher, Hostages, Intelligence and Friends With Better Lives have been cancelled

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/05/10/cbs-cancels-the-crazy-ones-bad-teacher-hostages-intelligence-friends-with-better-lives-bad-teacher-renews-the-mentalist

• Registered Users Posts: 54,296 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Brilliant news about the Mentalist

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Pity about The Crazy Ones kinda liked that

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

Headshot wrote: »
    Brilliant news about the Mentalist

Still a poor mans psych. Gonna miss charlie from revolution

Last Man Standing renewed.

Cristela and Fresh Off the Boat picked up to series.
    CRISTELA
    In her sixth year of law school, Cristela (Cristela Alonzo) is finally on the brink of landing her first big (unpaid) internship at a prestigious law firm. The only problem is that her pursuit of success is more ambitious than her traditional Mexican-American family thinks is appropriate. She’s stuck straddling the old culture she’s trying to modernize at home with her working-class family and the modern world she’s trying to embrace in her professional career. Breakout comedian Cristela Alonzo stars in this hilarious comedy about laughing your way down the path to the new American dream.

“Cristela” stars Cristela Alonzo as Cristela, Carlos Ponce as Felix, Terri Hoyos as Natalia, Andrew Leeds as Josh and Sam McMurray as Trent.
    FRESH OFF THE BOAT
    It’s the 90s and 12 year old, hip-hop loving Eddie (Hudson Yang) just moved to suburban Orlando from DC’s Chinatown with his parents (Randall Park and Constance Wu). It’s culture shock for his immigrant family in this comedy about pursuing the American Dream. “Fresh Off the Boat” is based on Chef Eddie Huang’s memoir Fresh Off the Boat.

“Fresh Off the Boat” stars Randall Park as Louis, Constance Wu as Jessica, Hudson Yang as Eddie, Forrest Wheeler as Emery and Ian Chen as Evan.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/cristela-fresh-off-the-boat-picked-up-last-man-standing-renewed-abc/

TBS Renews ‘Cougar Town’ For Sixth & Final Season

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/tbs-renews-cougar-town-for-sixth-final-season/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭squonk

Sounds like a fairly poor landscape next Autumn. Sorry about The Crazy Ones. It was a good show. Same with The a Neighbors though I knew in my heart it was gone. Haven't caught up with Suburgatory yet but it's a great show.

Revenge doesn't deserve a renewal. The show is done now IMHO. SAD ABOUT intelligence. Again, not a bad show but it's been canned.

Not many old favourites left. P&R is starting its last season and at least the Blacklist is staying but I don't want a big contingent of new shows next fall. I'd prefer a 50:50 split of old reliables and fresh meat. It's not going to be that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Don't mind Revenge, but I wouldn't have been sorry if it was cancelled, even if the story hadn't been wrapped up.

I'm annoyed about Revolution and Tomorrow People, both were bubble shows, both had issues, but I liked them.

Very pleased about Hannibal coming back, I really hope they get to do all the planned 6 seasons. My favourite "Big Network" by far.

Parenthood’ Renewed For Season 6

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/parenthood-renewed-season-7-nbc/

TBS Cancels Comedy ‘Men At Work’

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/men-at-work-cancelled-tbs/

‘Parks & Recreation’s Upcoming Seventh Season To Be Its Last

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/parks-recreation-season-7-final/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

brilou23 wrote: »
    Still a poor mans psych. Gonna miss charlie from revolution

Really? Charlie is the one you're going to miss? She was the most hated character on the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

‘Parks & Recreation’s Upcoming Seventh Season To Be Its Last

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/parks-recreation-season-7-final/

Just hope it gets a full run, it deserves it. None of this short season nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Really? Charlie is the one you're going to miss? She was the most hated character on the show.
    yeah, she was the one singled out to the point that we were all supposed to conform the mindset of everyone else,

the first half of season 1 i didnt like her, hell i didnt like the show that much, but i knew it had potential so said id stick it out for 1 season, and if it kept going the way it was id stop watching, but the show improved massively after a long 3 month or so absence, rachel for me was the weakest link, she looked like she was gonna be interesting near the end of season 1, but in season 2 she was terrible, she may as well have been in a coma for it, whereas charlie improved massively, and is more or less a stone cold killer at this point,

but if the internet says were suppose to hate charlie then i suppose we should follow its lead:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

sad to see it gone, i watch a lot of tv show abut 40-50 shows a year and this was definitely one of the better ones,

Trailer for AMCs Halt and Catch Fire. Its 10-episode first season premieres on Sunday, June 1, 2014.
    The show is set in the early 1980s, and depicts a fictionalized insider's view of the personal computer revolution.

The name is a reference to the fictitious machine code instruction Halt and Catch Fire (HCF) which could cause a computer's central processing unit to cease all meaningful function.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just hope it gets a full run, it deserves it. None of this short season nonsense.

It's looking like it'll get a 13 episode final season, as it isn't on the schedule for September. NBC say they're holding it back for mid-season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

It's looking like it'll get a 13 episode final season, as it isn't on the schedule for September. NBC say they're holding it back for mid-season.

Well that's disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

it would be nice if this wasn't true:(

Advertisement