Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,619 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

NBC isn't moving forward with 'Say Anything' series
    Cameron Crowe is getting his way: After tweeting that he was “trying to stop” NBC from developing a TV series based on his 1989 film Say Anything, NBC has decided not to move forward with the show.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/07/nbc-say-anything-series-cancel/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Talks of launching a tv series based on the 1989 movie Uncle Buck.

Good film and if they can get a strong lead it could make a good series.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Under the Dome and Extant renewed for another season.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Extant? Wow, that's a pleasant surprise!

Under The Dome? Wow. Just... wow. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Mr E wrote: »
    Extant? Wow, that's a pleasant surprise!

Under The Dome? Wow. Just... wow. :pac:

Gets Mr E a chair in case he faints....:pac:

All to do with the ratings I guess.

Under the Dome recently closed its second season, which averaged 11 million viewers and a 2.7 in the 18-49 demographic. Extant, meanwhile, ended its first season with 5.4 million viewers and a 1.0, actually up from its penultimate episode, but a far cry from the 9.58 million and 1.6 who tuned in to watch Halle Berry as an astronaut in the series premiere. The series averaged 8.64 million and 1.7 throughout its first season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Didn't realize that Under The Dome did that well in its second season, I thought it was very poor. Astounded that Extant was renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,456 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CBS has cancelled Reckless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Damn, I really wanted to stop watching Under The Dome.
    Guess I'll have to keep watching to see how further that trainwreck goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭squonk

Great for Extant! I thought that show deserved to catch a break but I am somewhat surprised all the same.

Now, Under The Dome! Seriously? I'll keep watching myself just to see how bad it can ultimately get but I really thought Season 2 had nailed it's coffin well shut!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think it helps that they're summer shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Never even heard of Extant, bizarre. I watched all the other dross like Falling Skies, Under the Dome and The Strain and something that might actually be good passes me by...

CBS has cancelled Unforgettable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Again?? The other half is not going to be happy about this news.

Black Sails Renewed for Third Season
    Three months ahead of its second season return, the premium cable network has renewed Black Sails for a third season

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/starzs-black-sails-renewed-third-740000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

CBS has cancelled Reckless

I knew it would be, it's pretty bad but it was a guilty pleasure of mine if I'm honest.

Aw, we won't see what the story is with Carrie's husband.

Aw, who cares. :)

Underworld, The Mortal Instruments and Resident Evil heading to TV Series...
    Despite a delay in production due to Milla Jovovich having another baby with her husband/series mastermind Paul W.S. Anderson, the sixth film, Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, could be followed by a spin-off show from Constantin Film, according to Variety. Constantin chairman Martin Moszkowicz confirmed that the company is moving aggressively at "starting production next year on at least two or three international shows," including Resident Evil and The Mortal Instruments.

Another bombshell was dropped at New York Comic Con, where original "Underworld" director/series caretaker Len Wiseman told IGN about a spin-off film--likely Underworld: Next Generation starring Theo James' David from the fourth film--as well as his wife Kate Beckinsale's return in a different film… as well as a TV show!

Read more: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=123952

• Registered Users Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭squonk

Damn! I was liking the reboot. Far more interesting than the original premise. Nice filler TV. Ah well :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Mr E wrote: »
    Underworld, The Mortal Instruments and Resident Evil heading to TV Series...

Read more: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=123952
    Used to be films were commissioned from successful TV Series; now it's the opposite - just goes to what I've been saying for ages: TV is a better storytelling medium.

WGN America renews Manhattan for Season 2

‘Dark Matter’ Series From ‘Stargate’ Scribes In Works At Syfy.
    Syfy has acquired original series Dark Matter from Stargate scribes Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie.

The 13 one-hour episodes will be based on Mallozzi and Mullie’s graphic novel Dark Matter and will air on Syfy in 2015.

It centers on the crew of a derelict spaceship who is awakened from stasis with no memories of who they are or how they got on board. Facing threats at every turn, they have to work together to survive a voyage charged with vengeance, betrayal and hidden secrets.

http://deadline.com/2014/10/dark-matter-syfy-lost-girl-stargate-series-851845/

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Used to be films were commissioned from successful TV Series; now it's the opposite - just goes to what I've been saying for ages: TV is a better storytelling medium.

There been many T.V. shows based on films over the years, it's hardly a new trend.

There been many awful T.V. shows based on films over the years, it's hardly a new trend.
    FYP.

Can you give any examples of ones that were any good other than stargate and MASH?

FYP.

Can you give any examples of ones that were any good other than stargate and MASH?

Friday Night Lights

• Registered Users Posts: 60,619 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

FYP.

I'm not saying any are good by the way.

24 movies made into tv series.

Just happened to be on RottenTomatoes today lol

Friday Night Lights

I'd say Terminator: SCC but it barely counts as it had awful ratings. I'm just saying that the balance was always the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah that Robocop was terrible. I enjoyed the Tremors tv show. Alien Nation, Fargo, NIkita, Teen Wolf, Friday Night Lights and Sarah Connor Chronicles are all good, in my opinion. And, of course, we have Buffy which is excellent.

And if we're talking animated, that's another list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

FYP.

That wasn't my point and not sure what's your is now. Are you saying Underworld and mortal instruments will be great because there now on T.V.? That being optimistic to say the least.

Advertisement