Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've had enough of Gomes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Ye definitely need to get rid of Gomes. I wanted Almunia gone after Paris '06 and yet the clown is still at the club. It's not as if he's young and has time to learn/improve. He may look outstanding at times, but if ye keep him ye'll regret it as much as Arsenal fans regret hanging on to Almunia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

L'prof wrote: »
    Ye definitely need to get rid of Gomes. I wanted Almunia gone after Paris '06 and yet the clown is still at the club. It's not as if he's young and has time to learn/improve. He may look outstanding at times, but if ye keep him ye'll regret it as much as Arsenal fans regret hanging on to Almunia!

advice from a goon!:rolleyes:

worry about your own crew and 6 years without a trophy!

BERBA wrote: »
    advice from a goon!:rolleyes:

worry about your own crew and 6 years without a trophy!

A goon? Grow up would you. I gave you my honest opinion on Gomes, one which a lot of people in here seem to agree with.

I do worry about my "own crew". All the time in fact, to the point of despair. That's not to say that I don't take an interest in what happens at other clubs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yep, as others have mentioned he'll do the incredible but fail with the easy. Consistency for a goalie is absolutely crucial. Almunia has cost Arsenal so many goals over the years that I'm amazed he's still part of the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

A goon? Grow up would you. I gave you my honest opinion on Gomes, one which a lot of people in here seem to agree with.

I do worry about my "own crew". All the time in fact, to the point of despair. That's not to say that I don't take an interest in what happens at other clubs!

its a fair point.

although its a spurs supporters forum you have not come in to start a wind up or anything and have just pointed out ur opinion

• Advertisement

keane=cock wrote: »
    its a fair point.

although its a spurs supporters forum you have not come in to start a wind up or anything and have just pointed out ur opinion

I know we're not really welcome round here, but I was being 100% genuine and pointing out that Spurs need to replace Gomes to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Berba is just sore because he's still banned from the SF and can't get up to his usual trolling.

Tbh, I welcome any other fan on here, even Arsenal ones, it's better to have an outside opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

THFC wrote: »
    Berba is just sore because he's still banned from the SF and can't get up to huis usual trolling.

Tbh, I welcome anyone other fan on here, even Arsenal one's, it's better to have an outside opinion.

Exactly, and most on this forum feel the same way too. I hate seeing some non-Boards fan forums and the reaction they have to fans of other teams who come for some decent banter and opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

THFC wrote: »
    Berba is just sore because he's still banned from the SF and can't get up to his usual trolling.

Tbh, I welcome any other fan on here, even Arsenal ones, it's better to have an outside opinion.

people on here have short memories , gomes saved us against arsenal and chelsea last season , he saved us against arsenal this season and made big saves in both Milan games this season.

Super save also against west brom last sat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

people on here have short memories , gomes saved us against arsenal and chelsea last season , he saved us against arsenal this season and made big saves in both Milan games this season.

Fair enough, but the point is that there are goalkeepers who could save you in numerous games a season, without making the amount of stupid mistakes that Gomes makes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I don't think any one has forgot or is denying that. Its just he seems to make so many errors. Which is generally the difference between a good keeper and a bad one, the amount of errors they make.

If only he could keep them out of his system he'd be a cracking keeper.

he pulled off the best save i have ever witnessed against chelsea when malouda(i think) was ready to tap into an empty net but he is very inconsistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

That's not the issue. L'prof gave his opinion without being condescending, petty, etc., then you reply back with a few petty and dismissive statements of your own. You don't normally troll in here so I don't know why you'd start now.. unless your ban from the SF is starting to get to you;):p

What a wanker Gomes is! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

whoever thinks this guy is good enough for spurs is way off the mark. the goal today didnt cross the line but thats not the point, it should never have squirmed under his legs.

sell him and move on harry

terrible.
    that is terrible.

straight ****ing at him!!!

needs to be dropped i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

We can't not possibly consider not replacing him in the summer. It's getting ridiculous again.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭dodgygeezer

Disaster. Absolute disaster. He is a very nice chap but his confidence is gone and he has to go. It's like one of us making a series of mistakes in our workplaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Ive stayed quiet about Gomes hoping he'd prove everyone wrong but enoughs enough, he needs to be dropped pronto...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

The linesman will be lambasted for this, but in fairness to him he shouldn't have had to have been keeping up seeing as that was straight at HG!! Why wasn't he doing the line when Pedro Mendes had that shot a few years back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Gomes is an embarrassment and a liability. Players breaking their backs and the supporters paying 50 quid a pop only for this idiot to f**k it all up again.

cudicini has to start against blackpool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭h2005

5 - Heurelho Gomes has now made five errors leading to goals in the PL this season, joining Rob Green at the top of the list. Costly. says it all really

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

He almost messed up just there agin @ 62mins

He'll cost us another goal in this game yet.

Nobody like to see another human make such costly mistakes and blunders and I feel for the guy but enough is enough. None of us would get paid €70K a year and be allowed to make these kind of repeated mistakes, nevermind €70K-a-week!!

I hope he bouces back, but I hope its at another club.
    GK's like Sullivan, robinson, keller may not have been world class but at least they are steady and reliable for the most part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

He almost messed up just there agin @ 62mins

He'll cost us another goal in this game yet.

Nobody like to see another human make such costly mistakes and blunders and I feel for the guy but enough is enough. None of us would get paid €70K a year and be allowed to make these kind of repeated mistakes, nevermind €70K-a-week!!

I hope he bouces back, but I hope its at another club.
    GK's like Sullivan, robinson, keller may not have been world class but at least they are steady and reliable for the most part.

good post. well put

h2005 wrote: »
    5 - Heurelho Gomes has now made five errors leading to goals in the PL this season, joining Rob Green at the top of the list. Costly. says it all really

Where did you see that list? I would be interested in seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭h2005

Desire. wrote: »
    Where did you see that list? I would be interested in seeing it.

Tweet by optasports

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭crustybread

I like the guy but his time is up. For a player of his experience, he lacks concentration. He looked flappy all day. I never feel confident when we are in a big game with him in goal. Who do you buy though? That is going to be a problem. Everybody wants a new keeper...

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

With you all about Gomes, I'm afraid.
    I would still take my chances with him over Cudicini though till the end of the season.
    I just had a look at the remaining fixtures.
    I'm not giving up on 4th spot yet although it will depend on us beating City and seeing how we react to our injury list!
    Its going to be tight but we could do it.
    If only we had beat City, Utd and Arse at home!
    COYS

• Advertisement

yidweiser wrote: »
    I just had a look at the remaining fixtures.
    I'm not giving up on 4th spot yet although it will depend on us beating City and seeing how we react to our injury list!

To be honest, I think Tottenham will be lucky to finish fifth at this stage.

Advertisement