Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can one drive through the gap of dunloe?

Options
  • 14-04-2011 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Is it driveable?

Is it a public road?

Is it legal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

AFAIK Ita a public road and you are allowed to drive through it, saying that its probably not the safest of roads with all the jarveys and people walking.
    Also I have been told that the jarveys discourage you from driving up as they want you to pay them to take you up!
    ....Am open to correction though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Yes

Yes

Yes

Was on it last year. Plenty of cars driving up and down (we walked). Surface is fair and there's some hairpin bends where you head into the Black Valey.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Also I have been told that the jarveys discourage you from driving up as they want you to pay them to take you up!

Yes, but they have no right to stop you so..

Looks like there are plenty of houses along the road further on (google maps)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

vicwatson wrote: »
    Yes, but they have no right to stop you so..

Looks like there are plenty of houses along the road further on (google maps)

They just give you the evil eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

They just give you the evil eye
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

vicwatson wrote: »
    :eek:

...and I find that smiling at them as I drive past antagonises them even more.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Be sure to call into the wonderful Hotel Dunloe Castle when you're in the area, but bring a good wallet with you ;)

Advertisement