Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Strikes Rule query

Options
  • 14-04-2011 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I am wondering what happens if you get the 3 stikes letters? Broadband cut off and then what? court case? nothing? Join someone else?

Whats the deterrent besides the hassle of cut off and going with some other ISP?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

treatyman wrote: »
    I am wondering what happens if you get the 3 stikes letters? Broadband cut off and then what? court case? nothing? Join someone else?

Whats the deterrent besides the hassle of cut off and going with some other ISP?

Hi treatyman
    tricky question, but basically yes, that is the deterent:mad:
    Customer will lose service for a period of time and will be re-connected after seven days. For a lot, I would say probably even most people, losing service for this long is an enormous inconvenience.

If customers have specific queries in relation to the graduated response they can our dedicated team via telephone on 1890 253 059.

There is also a dedicated website which provides further information - http://www.eircom.net/legalmusic

Hope this answers your question
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Thanks Tony... Major inconvenience for some people in this day and age to be cut off for a week... !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

treatyman wrote: »
    Thanks Tony... Major inconvenience for some people in this day and age to be cut off for a week... !!

Yes, think I'D rather go to jail.:D ( where they have free broadband)
    Tony

Advertisement