Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Na Fianna/Bob Heffernan 5km 24th May 2011

• 14-04-2011 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭

Anybobdy doing this? Its a great race for a pb if your looking for one. Plus its an 8pm start which is nice. Great value at €12 to(Not connected with race in anyway).

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 3 votes

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    66%
    meathcountysecwatch the hop 2 votes
    3 stars (average)
    33%
    DixNeuf 1 vote
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Where is it held?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Johnstownbridge, Co Kildare. Its just off the M4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

tang1 wrote: »
    Anybobdy doing this? Its a great race for a pb if your looking for one. Plus its an 8pm start which is nice. Great value at €12 to(Not connected with race in anyway).

yeah it's a great race and a really really fast course. Hope to do it but won't be in top shape as going to take some time off the start of May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Did it last year, very fast course, very enjoyable apart from the clown who gobbed on my runner afterwards.
    I'll do it again this year.
    The start is about a mile away from registration so allow a bit of time

• Advertisement

Looking like its not P.B weather, wind blowing very hard around Johnstownbrige today. Still it'll be a good race, anybody know if Andrew Ledwith is defending??

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭gmurran

tang1 wrote: »
    Looking like its not P.B weather, wind blowing very hard around Johnstownbrige today. Still it'll be a good race, anybody know if Andrew Ledwith is defending??

Lets hope not. He made wining look too easy last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Some very fast times tonight,lad im my club ran a big pb.
    No results up yet but pictures .............
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DixNeuf

3 stars (average)
    Really enjoyed this last night. Well organised and a good atmosphere. Looking forward to seeing the results. Didn't manage a pb, but I hadn't been doing the training for that anyway.

Well done all concerned!

Nice to get a text of my time also.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭marchino

super race, very competitive and a lot of pb's up front.
    The start was to say the least very messy and whistle blown with no warning and people walking backwards was poor!
    grand spread of sambos and coffee after and race on big screen.
    I ran a big pb so delighted with that and the sub 16 in particular which was also a first!
    I didnt get a txt do about my time, not yet anyways.
    well done to all concerned.
    gmurran with a v.good pb too i suspect?

• Advertisement

marchino wrote: »
    gmurran with a v.good pb too i suspect?

Yea really happy with the time 15:47. I got allot further into the race before getting dropped by the lead group this year.

Disappointed with my last kilometer as I kicked a bit too early and got passed out by like 8-9 guys, which lost us a team prize.

Great race. Start was a bit mad but nobody wanted to move back. Really enjoyed it. Ill be back next year to get our trophy back. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Middle Distance

Hi just wondering has anyone got a copy of the results from the Bob Hefferanan 5k last night that they can post here, I believe there was some fast times achieved on the 5k course. Cheers:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

4 stars (good)
    Available here:

http://www.nafiannaathleticclub.com/

Great idea to have a race video. Anyone know if it will go up on YouTube?

Serious running by Andrew Ledwith again. Top times by alot of runners yesterday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Some times seem a lot faster than usual....some big PBs....was it the full 5km??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Gringo78 wrote: »
    Some times seem a lot faster than usual....some big PBs....was it the full 5km??

wasn't there last night but it is a very very fast course. Have ran my 2 fastest times there and they were both the correct distance so I can only assume it was the correct distance again.

4 stars (good)
    wasn't there last night but it is a very very fast course. Have ran my 2 fastest times there and they were both the correct distance so I can only assume it was the correct distance again.

Same course as last year/previous year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭bo-sco

Have never run it but I've heard it's downhill?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ceekay

Very enjoyable race last night. Andrew Ledwith even gave everyone a start. Thanks for providing the results so quickly. Would you happen to have the overall results of the Simon Cumbers 6k?

• Advertisement

Ceekay wrote: »
    Andrew Ledwith even gave everyone a start.

The guy was only out for a jog. Different class! He did the same last year. I suppose it makes it a bit tougher for him which is fair enough.

4 stars (good)
    Ceekay wrote: »
    Very enjoyable race last night. Andrew Ledwith even gave everyone a start. Thanks for providing the results so quickly. Would you happen to have the overall results of the Simon Cumbers 6k?

Haven't seen any yet.

4 stars (good)
    gmurran wrote: »
    The guy was only out for a jog. Different class! He did the same last year. I suppose it makes it a bit tougher for him which is fair enough.

He does these as part of his overall training plan. He did something similar at the Simon Cumbers race last year. Took it (relatively) easy for the first 1K then took off after the field. he passed the leaders at 5K and overtook the Garda on the push-bike leading the race around, who was suitably perplexed when he came past like a train!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Gringo78 wrote: »

Most people that ran this race and then dONORE WHERE BETWEEN 40-50SECONDS SLOWER IN donore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Most people that ran this race and then dONORE WHERE BETWEEN 40-50SECONDS SLOWER IN donore.

Interesting...twas a windy evening & a point to point course so possibly ended up as one of those times when on exposed parts of the course the wind is with you and against on the sheltered parts so you really get the maximum benefit and get very good times. Coupled with a large high quality field, people are more conscious of making an effort to draft on a windy day so in general can lead to faster times. Spoke with some people since and I don't doubt the distance was correct, just my immediate reaction when I saw the times was a hell of a lot of PBs. I'm sorry I didn't make the drive to it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

yep. I compared Lucan 5k to this one and between 45-60 secs difference spread between athletes who ran both.

I talked to Paul F after and he said the first k in Enfield was against the wind but everyone was still bunched. The next 3 were wind at back and the final k was sheltered i think. Net downhill, no tight turns and goodish roads. It was a prevailing wind so deffo a goer for PB.

I was trying to calculate how fit i am based on recent results (lucan and donore) because of the bloody wind.

I reckon that Enfield may have ran 15-20 secs faster than a fastish calm flat course.

Maybe Donore was running 30 secs slow. (hopefully) What you reckon?

I learned my lesson from Lucan. I sheltered behind a big lad going up that hill on saturday. Took off like a hot snot with 1 to go and made 10 secs on him (im normally slower than him).
    So the wind from 3.5 to 4k alone was costing the guts of 10 secs in time and/or energy levels.

Advertisement