Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just wondering about something.

Options
  • 14-04-2011 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭

Another site I visit banned me from a forum. I was mistaken for somebody else and suffered the consequences of what were rather nasty posts.

I would really hate that to happen here, especially if my account was ever 'hacked' in some way.

Is it allowed to have a second or standby username if I give all the details to admin prior to doing it (to help them) so to allow me to cover myself?

I can't see it being a likely scenario though, so really it was just a general information question. And of course Admin can always check the IP address anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

We generally don't permit second accounts. However we do have the Dispute Resolution Forum if something like this happened so you would be able to make your case there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Thanks a lot Zaph. I will do that if it ever happens. At least you know my genuine IP adress at the moment to check my veracity.

Advertisement