Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom business broadband

Options
  • 14-04-2011 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Hi Tony,

I'm running an Internet cafe in Dublin city centre, I'm on Eircom business broadband(24MB/1MB) for the past few years.

Overall I'm happy with the reliability, not the speed.

On a good day I'm getting around 15mb download and 0.35mb upload. I called technical support a few times, of course the answer is always the same: my line is not good.

It's still ok for just 18 computers, but in the last few days, especially in the afternoon, the speed is up and down, it goes as low as 0.5mb download and I have pissed off customers walking out as a result.

After many phone calls with Eircom support, I realized it's a waste of time.

I thought I might as well try write something here before I make any further decisions.

Regards

Steven

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Canonfan wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

I'm running an Internet cafe in Dublin city centre, I'm on Eircom business broadband(24MB/1MB) for the past few years.

Overall I'm happy with the reliability, not the speed.

On a good day I'm getting around 15mb download and 0.35mb upload. I called technical support a few times, of course the answer is always the same: my line is not good.

It's still ok for just 18 computers, but in the last few days, especially in the afternoon, the speed is up and down, it goes as low as 0.5mb download and I have pissed off customers walking out as a result.

After many phone calls with Eircom support, I realized it's a waste of time.

I thought I might as well try write something here before I make any further decisions.

Regards

Steven

Hi Steven,

Thanks for contacting eircom on Boards.ie

If you want I can take a look at your broadband connection. I'm not sure if I can advise you further than eircom Broadband Support, though I may be able to offer you some additional tips to improve your connection overall.

Please PM your broadband telephone line number so I can do this.

Cheers,

Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Thanks for the reply Ant.

PM sent.

Cheers

Advertisement