Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And now to discuss one of the important matters of the day: creme eggs

Options
  • 14-04-2011 3:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭

Do you like them?

I hate the things. When I was a kid, I'd scoop out the filling with my finger and eat that, then throw the chocolate away because I hated it.

Now, I just think they're mank in general. Well, if you like the taste of sugar and nothing else, then I guess they'll be your thing! :D

People rave about them, but I reckon it has to be down to clever marketing more than anything else.

Do you like Creme Eggs 34 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    76%
    olaolaCutie18IrelandArcheronVegetaMellorIrishshinaido182woodchuckTanG411AfterDuskceegeeAnn22doncarlostatabubblybigred100Agricolaalwaysadublandsleavingproblemchimpdeepsouthtalla 26 votes
    Indifferent
    23%
    AlunRichieCKenny_DDozen Wicked WordsDancorPigwidgeonn0irinPoor Craythur 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I like scrambled eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Creme Eggs are nice but I used to love the Galaxy eggs (not sure if they still do them)

Hard boiled, poached, fried, scrambled, omlette, mmmmmm...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

No
    I like them, but haven't had one in ages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

Indifferent
    kfallon wrote: »
    Hard boiled, poached, fried, scrambled, omlette, mmmmmm...............

Mmmm.... various eggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i prefer mine poached. i like cadbury cream eggs, has anyone ever heard of them?

• Advertisement

Mmmm.... various eggs.

Don't forget Easter ones too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Too sweet but used to love them as a kid. Real eggs are disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭Archeron

No
    I like em a lot, but just recently discovered Lindt eggs going cheap in the Euro2 shops so creme eggs wont get a look in while I can buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

No
    Love them. Too fattening though. Pure sugar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

No
    can you get Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Creme Egg McFlurrys are the dogs bollocks, dunno if they still do them though.

Indifferent
    pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Too sweet but used to love them as a kid. Real eggs are disgusting.

Get out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

No
    kfallon wrote: »
    Creme Eggs are nice but I used to love the Galaxy eggs (not sure if they still do them)

Mmmm, they're lovely. I also enjoy a Mars egg once in while. Egg shaped chocolate filled with stuff is lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

No
    I love them, how can you hate them? What's wrong with you! RABBLE!

Just kidding, well I do love them, but I approve of your attempt to start a thread about something new.

Last year I decided to make a giant one for my girlfriend for Easter, since we were both disappointed cadbury's never made a filled easter egg-sized version.

I couldn't find the ingredients I needed to make the goo, so I bought a ton of creme eggs and scooped them out into an easter egg. It took nearly 30 creme eggs to fill. I was eating all the chocolate instead of throwing it out and nearly threw up. It took the GF over a week to get through the thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭aido182

No
    No Creme Eggs (or Caramel Eggs) in Belgium :(
    I miss them

No
    pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Real eggs are disgusting.

People like you freak me out!!!!

Just on the 'real' eggs thing, does anyone else like them in a sandwich? I love hard boiled egg & 'hang' rambos but someone once told me I should never have eggs in a sandwich!

I told them they were a cunt and to FO, me Mammy hasn't spoken to me since :( :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Walnut Whip man meself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

All this talk about eggs I should make breakfast, scrambled egg and toast I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Indifferent
    I used to love them as a kid, but then I liked a lot of rubbish back then. I can't stand them now ... nasty cheap chocolate, cloying, sweet and sickly filling ... yeuk.

• Advertisement

Indifferent
    OutlawPete wrote: »
    Walnut Whip man meself.

Now you're talkin'! ;)

No
    Now you're talkin'! ;)

I once read an article about a woman who found a maggot in her Walnut Whip. Can't touch them since.

Indifferent
    ElleEm wrote: »
    I once read an article about a woman who found a maggot in her Walnut Whip. Can't touch them since.

This makes me a saaad panda. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Do you like them?

I hate the things. When I was a kid, I'd scoop out the filling with my finger and eat that, then throw the chocolate away because I hated it.

The chocolate's the best part! I scoop out the filling to get TO the chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

No
    Oh I miss real eggs so much! Developed some sort of allergy to them in recent years :( But I can still eat creme eggs, which I also love :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

No
    I love them with a passion:o....I even love the feel of them in my hand or even better sticking my hands into a big box of them....they feel so smooth round and enticing...Think men must have the same feelings about boobies.

I don't think the ads they have on about them erupting do them any justice though, they look like raw egg yolks. I'd prefer the old 'How do you eat yours' ad campaign or even the 'Can't resist them' song ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I love them, how can you hate them? What's wrong with you! RABBLE!

Just kidding, well I do love them, but I approve of your attempt to start a thread about something new.

Last year I decided to make a giant one for my girlfriend for Easter, since we were both disappointed cadbury's never made a filled easter egg-sized version.

I couldn't find the ingredients I needed to make the goo, so I bought a ton of creme eggs and scooped them out into an easter egg. It took nearly 30 creme eggs to fill. I was eating all the chocolate instead of throwing it out and nearly threw up. It took the GF over a week to get through the thing.
    I feel a little sick :(

Advertisement