Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

street lighting in westbury

• 14-04-2011 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

can anyone enlighten me as to why so many of the street lighting is not working.i was out walking late last night and counted 9 lights not working.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Probably faulty or something. If you are from the area or concerned, then take the number that is on each pole that has a faulty light and ring the county council that looks after that area.

That's what I do when there is a faulty streetlight in my area.

I am not 100% but it may be the Clare county council you have to ring for Westbury as it is in Clare not Limerick, but I am sure that somebody here could let you know which county council looks after there as there are a few folk from the Corbally/Shannonbanks neck of the woods here.

Hope this proved more enlightening for you than those lights were. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Clareboy

Westbury is in County Clare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I think Westbury could end up like Norn Iron. Dual citizenship etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

molard wrote: »
    can anyone enlighten me as to why so many of the street lighting is not working.i was out walking late last night and counted 9 lights not working.

Don't think Clare County Council have taken over the estate yet. The footpath going around the bend down by the shop is a disgrace as well, someone will take a right hopper there some night.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭molard

found out today airtricity now look after street lighting.problem is they have no contract with the council to maintain the lights in westbury because the estate has not been taken in charge. no contract with the developers. no contract with a residents group.bottom line is there will be a cost involved in repairing the lights and nothing will be done till someone pays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭molard

minister for housing report . lack of public lighting is a safety issue and should be resolved as a matter of urgency. can i request help here.any resident who sees a broken light to note the pole number and report it to the council office across the road.they can then request monies from the dept

Advertisement