Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Astro turf team

Options
  • 14-04-2011 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

Looking to make a boards.ie team for footy.ie..

8 man team,medium players 7-aside.

I could probably get 2-4 players,friends are welcome

Pm me if interested.

Tourney starts again on 25th of May so pm asap so i know numbers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Ok so far we have 2 interested...If your interested pm and post on this so other can see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Could you pm me a few details? Time, venue etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Or even post them here

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ya i'd be interested in finding out the details of it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

I won't know if I'll be available to play until after you've already kicked-off. However, I'll happily make up the numbers when you're short and if and when I am available.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Some of the details here
    http://www.footy.ie/Sevenside11.htm

i'd be interested aswell depending on what standard players your looking for ive haven't played competively in a few years

Like NTMK posted above,their site is http://www.footy.ie/Sevenside11.htm

I was thinking of Wednesday at any time,we could decide that when we have a team.

There is a total of 795 for the entire team of 8.

100e each for 14 games.

7-aside

Matches are played in Garryduff Sports Centre in Rochestown

Standard would be medium.

Depending on how this season goes,we could go up to high next time.

How will we arrange payment as well.

Ok from now on post your replies on this page.

If you are interested, copy and paste the below text and add your name.

As well as that pm me your number.

Boards.ie Team

Fol20
    Johnaldinioh

Boards.ie Team

Fol20
    Johnaldinioh
    Corholio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 jamescork

Boards.ie Team

Fol20
    Johnaldinioh
    jamescork

Boards.ie Team

Fol20
    Johnaldinioh
    jamescork
    Corholio

Corholio could you pm me your number.

We are gonna need to try and get the team ready soon if we want to book the time we want.

Fol20
    Johnaldinioh
    jamescork
    Corholio
    eoccork

Fol20
    Johnaldinioh
    jamescork
    Corholio
    eoccork
    Ntmk

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

Fol20
    Johnaldinioh
    jamescork
    Corholio
    eoccork
    Ntmk
    Rich1691

• Registered Users Posts: 8 shandyman1

NTMK wrote: »
    Fol20
    Johnaldinioh
    jamescork
    Corholio
    eoccork
    Ntmk
    shandyman1(darren)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

Fol20
    Johnaldinioh
    jamescork
    Corholio
    eoccork
    Ntmk
    Shandyman1(Darren)
    Rich1691

FYP.

Rich1691 wrote: »
    Fol20
    Johnaldinioh
    jamescork
    Corholio
    eoccork
    Ntmk
    Shandyman1(Darren)
    Rich1691

FYP.
    It looks like you've got a full team. All you need to do now is to set up a blog/facebook page.

Lemag wrote: »
    It looks like you've got a full team. All you need to do now is to set up a blog/facebook page.

We can do that if they want,i dont mind sure..What are your opinions on it.

Ok just need a few more details.

@NTMK could i have a name and number

@Corholio could i have a name

@Jamescork could i have a surname

Now What time will i arrange it for.I will set it at 8pm provisionally unless majority say otherwise by tomorrow.

Now secondly,how will we pay for it,i can take deposit by paypal and then i pay footy.ie,however like many people i maybe a bit reluctant to hand over money when i have not seen the other person.

Finally i was thinking we could get some cheap shirt with like boards.ie written on them or something. Does anybody know anywhere where we could get some cheap shirts made.

• Advertisement

Fol20 wrote: »
    e

Now What time will i arrange it for.I will set it at 8pm provisionally unless majority say otherwise by tomorrow.
    For the Wednesday nights footy.ie league which I'm playing in at the moment up in Garryduff, the start times can vary each week between 7.00, 8.00 and 9.00 evening kickoffs. I doubt that you'll be able to pick a specific time for all of your games unless they are going to reorganise the way that they will be scheduling it.

Now secondly,how will we pay for it,i can take deposit by paypal and then i pay footy.ie,however like many people i maybe a bit reluctant to hand over money when i have not seen the other person.

Finally i was thinking we could get some cheap shirt with like boards.ie written on them or something. Does anybody know anywhere where we could get some cheap shirts made.

If you do get to choose a time then 8pm is my favoured option. As for the payment we could all give you 30-35 euro each for the deposit, that would kinda prevent people from pulling out right before it starts. As for the shirts I don't really mind, if everyone else wants them then sure. What's the name of our team going to be? I think the main boards team is called Boardeux or something.

@Fol20 I'm Anthony, apologies thought id put that in my message

8pm sounds good for me too, im not from the city so as long as I was back in the city before 11 for the last bus thatd do me lol

The deposit one is a good idea I think, maybe there could be a pre-league meet up/kickaround or something and we could all pay there or something, just an idea.

I dont mind about the shirts, would be cool I guess to have something on them, but if cost is too much im not too bothered.

Ok how about the deposit up front and on the first game everyone pays the organiser..does that sound fair..

Yea i suppose its best to meet up for asmall game sure..How about saturday some time

Yea i suppose its best to meet up for asmall game sure..How about saturday some time

ill going home for the weekend so i cant make it :(

I wouldnt be able to make Saturday either unfortunately

Ok were going to have to sort something out this week.I found a place that might sell shirts for like 5e,maybe extra for a logo or name.

Secondly lemag u might let us know but is it true that the keeper has to have a seperate jersey..Like what i was planning is that we just switch every 5 or 10mins...I was told by a friend in that tourney its not really possible to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

ill fill in anytime yere stuck, payment is no problem. wish id seen this thread earlier :(

• Advertisement

Secondly lemag u might let us know but is it true that the keeper has to have a seperate jersey..Like what i was planning is that we just switch every 5 or 10mins...I was told by a friend in that tourney its not really possible to do that
    The rules for the dress code are detailed on the footy.ie site but FWIW they're not strictly enforced. My team just wear white tops however one of us had an Argentina jersey on last Wednesday. Regarding the swapping of your goalies. Most of the teams seem to each have a nominated goalie for each game. We've had to swap a couple of times during games. It'll probably be fine for yous to do so just as long as it doesn't interrupt the game, I reckon. Maybe have a "goalie" jacket which the new incoming goalie can simply wear over his jersey.

The Glen Sports Centre offer a really good rate for 5 aside pitch rental on Saturdays and Sundays. I'd happily join in on these sessions when I can if welcome and you can stick me down on the footy.ie reserves list with Deutschland.

Advertisement