Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking to join this gym in dun laghaire

Options
  • 14-04-2011 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Want to try this place out http://www.crunchfitness.ie/dunlaomembership.html but do they offer day to day rates like say i only want to go for 2 days a week or must i buy a full subscription?

Also is this place any good in the first place-ideally id like someone there to give me a personalized workout regime-are the staff there any good with this?

also are the classes they have any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

IIRC, You need full membership to use Crunch.

Why not try Bluepool, in Monkstown? Pay as you go. 4.50 offpeak / student.

Check this out, it's a thread from Health and Fitness.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054971163

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭letsallgotothe

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    IIRC, You need full membership to use Crunch.

Why not try Bluepool, in Monkstown? Pay as you go. 4.50 offpeak / student.

Check this out, it's a thread from Health and Fitness.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054971163

are you serious? how much does crunch fitness cost per year then? do they at least allow for once off trial periods- i dont want to buy a year worth and then not like the place

Bluepool i find is bit too small-sure the pool there is big enough but the lack of cardio equipment is a bit annoying-often when i went there i was always waiting on somebody to finish with the rowing machine or whatever. Again you did see the same faces in that small little gym room but like i just wanted to use the bloody machines, not go for a chat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

are you serious? how much does crunch fitness cost per year then? do they at least allow for once off trial periods- i dont want to buy a year worth and then not like the place

Bluepool i find is bit too small-sure the pool there is big enough but the lack of cardio equipment is a bit annoying-often when i went there i was always waiting on somebody to finish with the rowing machine or whatever. Again you did see the same faces in that small little gym room but like i just wanted to use the bloody machines, not go for a chat!

Without being smart, i presume you have not been since the renovation? There is 30+ pieces of cardio equip, and i'v never had to wait :)

I think Crunch works out at 700-900 per year? Could be off the mark though..

I'm pretty sure that the prices are detailed in the link above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Any gym should be able to provide a personalised workout. But if you're only planning on going 2 days a week, then you probably wouldn't get your money's worth at Crunch

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

see the health and fitness forum for reviews

by all account most people seem unhappy with the place, machine constantly broken, tag thing don't work, bad staff etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement