Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity - looking for bill details!

Options
  • 14-04-2011 6:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

We had reps around from Airtricity to our door, looking for bill details to see if our household 'qualify' for a discount.
    The wife being sharp, was immediately on her guard and refused to give details of any description as to registered numbers. account numbers with Board Gais and ESB.

My question is (and I suspect the answers to be honest but seeking confirmation) do they REALLY need such details to see if we "Qualify" for getting discounts for signing up to them?

I've heard in some cases that they go ahead and sign people up once they have the details - without the actual home-owners permission in some cases!

If they are going to hand out cheaper services, surely they don't need further details to do so?
    After all, if I go into Tesco, we don't need to 'qualify' to be able to buy alternative stuff to items bought previously!
    (I think they are taking the pee!)
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement