Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any chance of a VGC 2011 event here?

• 14-04-2011 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Since we haven't gotten one yet and they seem to add more countries each year. Though the fact the qualifiers have been canceled in Japan, while Australia are getting their own VGC-style tournament, it makes me think that maybe the VGCs won't go ahead at all. The article on the Pokemon US/UK site says that ''Look for more details after Pokemon Black and White Versions release'' or something like that. Hopefully it will go ahead and a qualifier will come here after mid-June...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Last year about 8 or 9 of us went to Birmingham for them though. It was VERY cheap for the flights and it was a great day, if it goes ahead I'm sure something similar will happen again.
    Obviously, every one is welcome to come. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭r0cks0l1dd

Cool. I have family in London so it might be worth going there but the Leaving Cert (more than likely) kind of destroys that chance for this year. Do you know if people use Pokesav/Pokegen. I know it's unfair to the people who have no idea what is or people who train properly but I have no idea how people have the time and the patience to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

People do use it but the people who use it here on boards really only use it for cloning. Also in the vgc's your game cart is checked on a special DS for any non legit pokémon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

People do use it but the people who use it here on boards really only use it for cloning. Also in the vgc's your game cart is checked on a special DS for any non legit pokémon
    Do they just list the non legits and you can't use them or ya banned if any are found?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It'll tell if any pokémon is pokésaved, action replayed or whatever. If you're found with them then you're disqualified from the competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

...so if you picked up a hack in a GTS trade you could be screwed?
    Ironically, a hacker has a better chance of picking these things up through legit-check utils than a regular trainer :)
    You could use PokeSav to set up the parents of a generation of 'Mon, breed 'em and use Pokesav to select the best of the brood for training, using PokéRoids (y'know, Carbos and Zinc etc of which you'll have plenty 'cause of your Pokesav-hacked game) to boost stats instead of battling and then trade them over to your competition cart. But where's the fun in that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I think they only checked your team so as long as you don't use something dodgy off the GTS to battle you'd probably be fine. I'd love if VGC went ahead this year, it was a lot of fun last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

chances are if it gets through the GTS and has a legit moveset/place caught. The "DS" wont catch it.
    You can't trade AR pokemon over the GTS either ..

Most people who use hacks, do it to see if the can pass the checker (the coding, basically is the fun) or because they couldn't be bothered training.

Personally the training is the fun for me....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

The last 4 VGCs I went to (2 stops in the last two years), the legit check only checks the party. If in doubt of a traded Pokemon, don't use it. It's that simple. Breed, catch and hatch your own to be safe.

Travelling to VGCs is a great laugh and something I highly recommend, even if you want to spectate. If there is a leg in the London area this year, start making bookings for my spare bed (whoever gets the bed must bribe the cat off it) and sofa. When they are gone the sleeping areas are the floor and out in the garden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Rocket Butch

Really now, you weren't expecting them to put anything like that in Ireland, were you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Really now, you weren't expecting them to put anything like that in Ireland, were you?
    Do not feed ^

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭r0cks0l1dd

No luck then :( :

June 4th, Birmingham, United Kingdom - National Exhibition Centre, Hall 8

June 11th, Rome, Italy - Fiera Roma, Hall 12, Ingresso Nord

June 18th, Madrid, Spain - IFEMA, Hall 1, Feria de Madrid

June 25th, Paris, France - Espace Grande Arche, Parvis de La Défense

July 2nd, Cologne, Germany - EXPO XXI Köln GmbH, Gladbacher Wall 5

World Championships:
    August 12th–14th, San Diego, CA - Hilton San Diego Bayfront

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/VGC_2011_locations_announced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

nah I'm out :( trying to save up money to get outta ireland and my non nerdy super cool gaming clan already have a weekend of debauchery planned for june/july

Advertisement