Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Daft Policy

• 14-04-2011 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

!.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I don't always clear my bill on time, why should I, when ESB were giving me the dearest energy rates in town, second only to the cost of generating the power myself with a diesel generator!!! If the only benefit to me by staying with ESB is a long credit facility, I am well going to make good use of it!

2 things come to mind here in fairness. You are billed up to 8 weeks after you used the power and while you are supposed to pay within 14 days (taking it to up to 10 weeks), you would not be in arrears as long as you clear the bill before the next one issues. So, saying you did not clear the bills in time should be that you did not pay within 14 days. BUT you didn't pay within 2 months. I wouldn't give you credit either if you deliberately stretch the payments that far. You not only made use of a long credit facility (as you put it) but abused it. The credit facility is 14 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Markdub2000

But if i agree to pay by direct debit, I would be clearing all future bills on time along with any outstanding balance be it 2euro be it 40euro! - so shouldn't it be in your interest to get me on to direct debit? especially since I am so crap at ringing them up and paying over the phone....

Clean the Slate if you will, the same clean slate their expecting me to give them after overcharging me for the past 3 years!!

I wasn't looking for credit - I wanted to change my tariff, the same way you can ring ur mobile phone company and change on to a different price plan for the following month, regardless if your bill is over due or not, my last bill by the way is not actually is overdue yet, but I just haven't cleared it all yet!

But here i believe its really a case of cutting your own nose off to spite your face, I've been with ESB since I bought the house!

I spend on average 1000euros a year on electricity! (thats nearly 6000euros to date!). The fact remains ESB refuses to move me to a new tarriff despite an oustanding balance of 36euro!

Its no big loss to me who supplies the juice, i'll just go to one of the others...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Markdub2000,

I would recommend you phone our sales team on 1850 30 50 90 as they can look at your account specifics.

Regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Markdub2000

Hi Markdub2000,

I would recommend you phone our sales team on 1850 30 50 90 as they can look at your account specifics.

Regards,
    Una

I spoke to your accounts team, the response I got was your free to change supplier. So I did.

Good luck!

Advertisement