Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB and my laser card

Options
  • 14-04-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

I know posting here will do nothing for me, but I just need to vent- this time two weeks ago, I tried to order a laptop online, the transaction was declined, because of the limit on my laser card. I rang the company an they told me to ring the bank. I spent 5 minutes confirming my identity on the phone (and paying for it in pretty sure) and then spoke to a rep, who told me there was nothing they could do to raise the transaction limit for one transaction, so I was told to wire the money. When I try to do that online, I'm told o have to go into my local branch to set up an international transfer or one over the same limit as my card! So in to the bank I go, and sort that out. Today I put a transaction through, and notice that more money than o was expecting has been taken from the account for my laser transaction. Back on the phone again, spend 5 minutes identifying myself and paying for it again, get through to a customer rep, ask to cancel a transaction that still hasn't gone through, I'm then asked to verify my identity further, by my laser card number and bank balance to the nearest euro, to be then told I can't cancel a transaction done by laser? Why did I have to identify myself even more for them to tell me that. To make matters worse, I used the card ina shop in Dublin after, where I locked myself out by putting the wrong pin in, only for the transaction to go through! And to verify I was asked for a signature......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Groinshot wrote: »
    To make matters worse, I used the card ina shop in Dublin after, where I locked myself out by putting the wrong pin in, only for the transaction to go through! And to verify I was asked for a signature......

did they ask for photo ID? if not I'd report the salesperson in question, afaik all shops now are supposed to ask for photo ID if for whatever reason the card payment is done via signature rather than chip & pin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

did they ask for photo ID? if not I'd report the salesperson in question, afaik all shops now are supposed to ask for photo ID if for whatever reason the card payment is done via signature rather than chip & pin

Nope... They just put it through. Whats the point in having a chip and pin if once it fails it goes through anyway???

Advertisement