Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag Rugby 2011

Malice wrote: »
    You can provisionally put me down for Thursday at 7pm but I'm hoping for a bit more of a response than just three of us before I go trekking across town.

There won't be 3 anyway.

Mike has confirmed by PM he'll be there.
    Still waiting on the girl though.

Fiona and Tom might be down, and Rosie has confirmed she's playing and also trying Ann-Marie(she didn't mention anything about Thurs either way)

I should have one or two with me, I reckon one, the other lad isn't giving great vibes tbh.

And I've been onto the two girls(one i know, and her friend) on FB and she said she'll let them know and see what they say(she also asked about lads and I said feel free to bring one or two if she wants)

Then there was the one lad who replied to my IRFU FB page comment yesterday, I've sent the details on earlier but he hasn't replied yet.

I'd say we'll have a few anyway.
    There's over 10 potentials there anyway.
    More will be revealed tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

That's a good start anyway. Far more interested folks than I thought :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Reg11

That's a good start anyway. Far more interested folks than I thought :).

I've another two lads going to play.....1 will be there on thursday but the other 1 won't be available till next week both are in there 20's with rugby experience!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Reg11

Reg11 wrote: »
    I've another two lads going to play.....1 will be there on thursday but the other 1 won't be available till next week both are in there 20's with rugby experience!!

do you guys have balls and tag belts???

• Registered Users Posts: 12 westernfan

sorry guys and gals but I wouldnt be able to make Thursday night due to work. Will keep an eye on the thread and hopefully be able to join in at a later date.

Reg11 wrote: »
    do you guys have balls and tag belts???

I'll pick up a ball in Elverys, as for the tags, I'm not sure do the shops sell them but I'll try Elverys when I'm out there.

Bad comes to worse I can try get the old ones from whoever has them(If they didn't lose them)

Ok tomorrow at 7 it is.

This has picked up quite a bit and between all the potentials I'd say we're over the 15 mark.

I think the best way to work it is 8 lads and 6 girls.
    If we have any lads and girls who won't be there every week then we can add more into it.

Personally I'll be there every week, so if we have 8 lads who will always be there, there's no point having any more then that(You don't want more then a full team on the bench, means less then 1 half per game).

I think we needed more then 14 last year, but the age range was over-30 so there was a lot of drop out's each week, the age profile should be younger this year so I don't think we'll have as much of that.

Most (bar an emergency week for whatever reason) would know straight away whether or not they can be there, as the games are within a 2 hour period on the same night, so if we have some in the 14 that can't always come we can factor in 1/2 more.

This will need to be sorted by Monday at the latest(Corinthians is nearly full, it may be full by then leaving Marys on the Thurs or Dangan on the Wed) so solid numbers will come in the form of registration.
    I'll put aside E100 myself this week but I'll need to make up E400 between everyone else at the least.

It will be E36 per head for 14 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Lensbaby89

where will training be happening this evening?
    Is it Galwegians pitch beside GMIT or Corinthians out the Tuam road?

Lensbaby89 wrote: »
    where will training be happening this evening?
    Is it Galwegians pitch beside GMIT or Corinthians out the Tuam road?
    Neither. It's the big green area here.
    It's easy to find, it's beside the road and a lot of teams train there.
    Up the road from the Kingfisher, across from the church

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

You guys ever get that Now Ye're Taggin' logo I did put on shirts? Just wondered... ;)

Not last year anyway.

I didn't play the year before though, if there's a chance they could have then?.

Not last year anyway.

I didn't play the year before though, if there's a chance they could have then?.
    I'm pretty sure the t-shirts that were used the year before were done up before civis_liberalis put up his logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I'm pretty sure the t-shirts that were used the year before were done up before civis_liberalis put up his logo.
    Ah sound, just wondered. Best of luck for this year guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam Tyler

Hey im just wondering how this went on thursday? I did not see the thread till it was too late! Did many show? Have you enough for a team?

Hey Sam,
    It went well didn't have too many but a lot of people had other commitments it seemed.
    Come long on Thursday if you like, haven't got a full team as yet so there's still room.
    LB

Sam Tyler wrote: »
    Hey im just wondering how this went on thursday? I did not see the thread till it was too late! Did many show? Have you enough for a team?

Are you male or female?.... numbers are tight both ways but maybe room, knowing gender is important.

I'd prob need to meet you to get money before Thurs, there will only be 3 weeks left by then and Corinthians is nearly full(it could be full now I haven't checked in a few days)

I'll know by tomorrow anyway, it's just one poster was meant to be getting 3 including himself, and then a second poster who couldn't show last week was on about getting one and possibly a second so it wouldn't be fair to just skip him.

We have 3 lads and 3 girls already.
    And I still have to meet another two girls for money, and a third who's gone for the weekend, which will put us to 6 girls.
    And I'll also know the story with one lad later.

If that poster somehow turns up with 3(may never see him again as well) we'll have 6 lads and the one who never turned up.

If there turns out to be space tomorrow, I'll need to get money ASAP though.

A lot of people are giving me hassle over it, I'm being made to feel like they're doing me a favour, I have started on more then one occassion to everyone involved I wanted the E37 by Monday yet I'm still having to ask some people a 3rd, 4th ,5th time.

Thanks to those who made things easy by paying straight away.

Ok....

On Thursday, Reg11 mentioned getting two players as well as himself.
    I left it until yesterday and texted him saying could he let me know by today what the story with himself and those lads was.

I didn't get a reply, and I've messaged a second time to ask for any sort of reply as Mike O also mentioned bringing friends, as well as the poster here from earlier today.

Can't be waiting indefinitely on people who may never show again, a text to give some sort of clarification over the space of 3/4 days is hardly asking too much.

If i don't hear from him soon then Mike O has the option of bringing his 1/2 friends, if he only brings one then we have another space and Sam can tag along.

But again with these two lads, I need answers and Reg within a day or two, given no-one knows each other there's a high possibility people who stated interest never show themselves again.

I've got onto Mike now, to see how he's fixed himself, and if needs be can he get his potentials reg together.... If this was done back in March or early April we could have gave people a week or two, but we'll have to press ahead with people who are willing to commit and pay straight away instead of hanging around waiting for others who might have no real interest when it comes down to it.

We're running out of time for Corinthians, which is where most will want to play...

I only said I'd try set this up, I shouldn't have to chase adults with constant messages like I'm asking for a favour, as I made it clear from the start how much and when it was needed by, from there people should have been coming to me instead of me going back to them a second/third time.
    So if you're putting your name forward you know the story as I've made it clear how much reg was, and when it was needed by.

Hey Gilberto,

I know it must be getting frustrating for you. My advice would be to leave anyone you haven't yet heard back from and just ask everyone to come along again this Thursday and go from there.
    If this doesn't work out well we've tried at least and myself and yourself and Ger can always go hop on another team :)
    I do hope however, that anyone who expressed interest and no longer wants to play will have the courtesy to text and let you know, it's not asking much, just to free up a place for someone who will be there every week :)
    I know we're restricted time wise though so people who are interested and would like to play should really bring along money this Thursday if they do come to training.
    It was loads of craic I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to play tag! :D

If this doesn't work out well we've tried at least and myself and yourself and Ger can always go hop on another team :)
    Nice... I hobble out of one training session and I'm already forgotten about :pac:
    Lensbaby89 wrote:
    My advice would be to leave anyone you haven't yet heard back from and just ask everyone to come along again this Thursday and go from there.
    I agree 100% with this. People need to commit or not. It's not difficult and it's also not fair on gilberto_eire.

Hey Gilberto,

I know it must be getting frustrating for you. My advice would be to leave anyone you haven't yet heard back from and just ask everyone to come along again this Thursday and go from there.
    I do hope however, that anyone who expressed interest and no longer wants to play will have the courtesy to text and let you know, it's not asking much, just to free up a place for someone who will be there every week :)
    I know we're restricted time wise though so people who are interested and would like to play should really bring along money this Thursday if they do come to training.
    It was loads of craic I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to play tag! :D

Thing is though the numbers aren't as bad as the three of us the last day.

We have 3 paid up lads and girls, and I've to meet another 3 girls.

I also have a second friend I'm meeting tomorrow.

I don't think you connected the username but Ger was Reg11 who I mentioned in the post above, I think he's jumped ship without even a word of confirmation.
    I don't know did the slim numbers on Thurs put him off, but Ironically it was his idea to organise that day, I felt it was too short notice.

No word from Mike either, and he was online since I sent the PM last night.

If I don't hear from him by tomorrow then I'll start looking elsewhere.

Funnily enough it's lads that are proving the problem now it seems, but they should be easier to sort.

I should be able to meet those 3 girls over the next day or two we'll be up to 10 in total(12 including Fiona and Tom) so we'd just need 4 guys.
    The girls won't be a problem though as I know them and they've said they'd play.
    Its these random lads from on here that prove the problem.

Hey Guys thanks for the reply. I would be interested but i have never played before does that make a difference? Also i do shift work so don't know if i could make every single week. If this does not suit no hassle!

No but you'd need to come to some trainings, it's not the kinda game you can play on the night without ever playing before.

It's looking likely you can play, Mike still hasn't got back to me, but I think there was still a space for Reg there included and I think he's gone.

So can you come Thurs?

Nice... I hobble out of one training session and I'm already forgotten about :pac:
    Whoops, sorry Malice!

Reg11 was well up for it, maybe he's just not good with his phone. Still though if people aren't giving you the courtesy of a response don't waste your efforts pursuing them, we'll go again next Thursday and hopefully have more success!

Whoops, sorry Malice!

Reg11 was well up for it, maybe he's just not good with his phone. Still though if people aren't giving you the courtesy of a response don't waste your efforts pursuing them, we'll go again next Thursday and hopefully have more success!

He told me he had free texts.

Unless he lost it, you'd expect some sort of a reply in 4 days.

Also I taught I heard him ask those other lads last week could he play with them.

Sorry lads i forgot to say im male! Ok il come on thursday, do i need any special gear or anything??

Ya don't worry I figured that out yesterday.

If you're 100% going to play you'd be best off getting the shorts now, they have them in Elverys, they're E20... you need them for the games so best to invest asap... you can just put the tags down the side of real shorts but it's nigh on impossible to get them out and you may think you're better at running the ball then you would with the shorts on.

We'll go with Thurs at 7 again...

I haven't posted that here yet, mainly because we have what looks like 11 now anyway(and maybe 14 if Mike O surprises me) and only 4 of us use this site.

I'm in contact with the rest through the phone and FB.

If any other lads are interested post interest, I'll give Mike another day but there are still potentially 3 spots left.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 climber123

If there is a space, I would be interested. I'm female.

PM received and sent back

Reg11 got back to me today, he left his phone in Galway and was home for the weekend.

He's going to try find out about his +2 later.

So we could be fine for numbers on both sides now.

Would you be interested in coming on Thursday Climber123?.... I'm not chasing that girl again and I don't think she's going to get back to me.
    I've been onto her 3/4 times now and she hasn't even bothered replying to my last FB message from last night.