Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag Rugby 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 climber123

I would definitely be interested in coming on Thursday.

K well Thurs at 7 up Renmore, I'll be coming from town direction if you need a lift out, I live in Claddagh so pass through Eyre Sq.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 climber123

Hi thats cool. I've a car but cheers for the offer of a lift

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I more than likely won't be there on Thursday, my right ankle is still mostly an interesting shade of purple.

FFS....

Down two girls again.

Got a FB message from one of last years girls earlier(Got an evening job apparently)... and her friend won't play cause she's not :rolleyes:

I still have yet to meet another girl... so we could potentially be down to 3 girls again.... if that other girl pays up for her and her friend, we'll only be down one though, and Fiona could make 6 as I was counting her additionally before hand.

At this rate, we can kiss Corinthians goodbye and we'll be in St.Marys.

• Advertisement

Reg11 said his two friends will be there tomorrow, so we're fine for lads now bar any last minute pull outs.

Just the issue of 1 or 2 girls to sort now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Lensbaby89

Hey Gilberto,
    I've put up a FB status trying to tempt some of my lady friends and I'll try some of the likely candidates tonight. Fear not, we'll get a team yet...we've come so far! :D

Lensbaby89 wrote: »
    Hey Gilberto,
    I've put up a FB status trying to tempt some of my lady friends and I'll try some of the likely candidates tonight. Fear not, we'll get a team yet...we've come so far! :D

Good stuff, I'm willing to just leave her off now as I've asked her 3/4 times since the start.

She actually replied to my status about it herself(whereas the girl from last year who pulled out today I went after myself) so I'm not sure why she's making it so difficult for me.

Times running out though :(

I was on the ''Tag Rugby Ireland'' site earlier as you can see the number of teams for that one, and there are just four spaces left(that was nearly empty last week so it's filling up fast)... god knows how many are left in Corinthians, I wouldn't say more then 7/8 spaces between the two Thurs leagues.

When they're gone that's Thursday night completely out of the question.
    And it's Wednesday In Dangan, but that's providing that's not full either.

BUMP

Want to keep this on the first page, still need one or two girls.

Got a PM from one last night but this needs to be sorted in the next day or so and she hasn't been online since.

Hey Gilberto,

We'll just have to go with whoever shows up tonight and hope they brought money with them.
    Anyone else who contacts you just tell them you need to know within a day or something to deter people who are wasting your time, it's time we don't have!

• Advertisement

Few more down tonight and thanks to Climber for coming down and paying her Reg

There's now E330 in the kitty with E450 needed for full registration.

I'm still waiting on word back from Clannon who PM'd me last night, two of the girls from last year, one of their male partners, and a friend of mine.

We have 8 paid up with 4 girls and 2 lads places still to fill if anyone's interested.

Corinthians looks out of the question until 6 people decide to put themselves forward and get the money to me tonight/tomorrow, so we're going to switch to the St.Marys league as there are more alternatives for a team short of players.

I'm going to ring them tomorrow and ask will they put up the team in the ''Find a Team'' section minus what we have paid up so far, if not then there's the option to pay a (circa E100) deposit with the remaining balance due at a future date, which will buy us a bit more time.

What a fantastic training session!
    I can't wait for next week or to start playing matches!
    For any girls reading/following this, we're short two so feel free to join us next Thursday at 7pm in Renmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 niallers

Hi gilberto-eire, I am looking for you to play tag rubgy in my squad this summer out in Corithians this summer.We are in the C league.We are training out in renmore next monday and next thursday at 7.30. We have 6 women and 7 guys and we need you to be the 8th guy because we need experienced players.My email address is nialldempsey03@yahoo.com So get in touch with me asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

hi niall, if you read the previous posts you can see this thread is for the Boards team setting up their team for the summer league and gilberto-eire is organising that.

Back off buddy he's spoken for :P

niallers: Your message would probably have been better sent as a private message to gilberto_eire. You can still do that by clicking here.

Out of curiosity does anyone know what day of the week the St Marys Tag league runs on?

Malice wrote: »
    niallers: Your message would probably have been better sent as a private message to gilberto_eire. You can still do that by clicking here.

Out of curiosity does anyone know what day of the week the St Marys Tag league runs on?

It's a Thursday as well so it makes no difference really, just with the girl situation we hadn't a hope of getting E495 up front in the next few days, we only have two paid up girls with another two showing interest.

Ok I was on to the ITRA and they put up a new team in the ''find a team section''.

https://www.tagrugby.ie/Find-A-Team.aspx

There was 10 places, and they only allow a maximum of 12 players so we'll have to revise the original number down 2.

I've paid up 4 lads and 2 girls, which came to E300, it's E50 dearer then entering a standard team and it also means the remaining people will have to pay E10 extra.
    But I no longer have to chase girls as 2/3 spots were filled on the other ''Find a Team'' over the past few weeks, any girls that show an interest can also just be pointed in the direction of that site.

I think to balance this out, the rest of us should put in an extra E10 each, if we have 12 paying E50 that will leave E100 then to get t-shirts for the whole team.

Malice already gave a E50 so he's excluded from this.

There's E30 left in the kitty so when the other 7 of us add our E10's we'll have the money for T-Shirts as well.

So are we Galway Randomers or Galway Hookers?

So are we Galway Randomers or Galway Hookers?

The Randomers are the team they(ITRA) set up themselves, they put one or so in every area.

The Hookers is our team.

For two reasons I couldn't pay up more then 6 even though we have 8(the spaces left are what we need, 1 lads and 3 girls and financially)

Yay Galway Hookers! Can we put on our tshirts, "the hookiest team around"??
    :D
    How come there's only 1 lads spot and 3 girls on find a league?

• Advertisement

Lensbaby89 wrote: »
    Yay Galway Hookers! Can we put on our tshirts, "the hookiest team around"??
    :D
    How come there's only 1 lads spot and 3 girls on find a league?

You do know that's working down the way instead of up?... so in practice it means 4 lads and 2 girls paid up.

I left one lads space cause we're short one lad, so Reg11's second friend can just go on there and pay directly instead of giving it to me.

We're only allowed 12 players in that league on game day, but there was only 10 payable places(bit short would mean one sub of each and if people couldn't show we'd have no subs)

They had it split 50/50 between lads and girls(5:5, games are 4:3) but we'd want 7 lads and 5 girls if 12 is the number(take one off each gender from the 14 which was the Corinthians number)

So basically our two additional players are two lads. That are added extra to those 10 places.
    We already had 6 lads signed up so there wasn't enough spaces anyway and I needed to keep one for Reg11's friend.

I also didn't have enough money for a 7th player, it was E50 a pop as you can see from that page, and I had E330 gathered(most gave E40, Malice gave E50 and I had two give E37)

To make up for the others who'll be paying extra, I propose we all stick the remainder in to make E50, we're not really paying more, we're just paying for T-Shirts and making it fairer as the last 4 people are going to have to pay E10 extra then 7 of us so far.

gilberto_eire I don't know how you're keeping track of all of this. I'd have long ago chucked in the towel.

Ah it's not that complicated really when you're on the inside.... must look it looking in though.

Just this ITRA way gave us the chance to reg without full numbers, whereas Corinthians we'd have needed the E495 up front.

Next year though I'm just getting E50, logging into ITRA and using that ''Find a Team'' option and not going through 2 weeks of back and forth nonsense trying to get people :D.... I have two other sports running as it stands so I'm not exactly stuck for something to play. :pac:

Some girl took a place... so we just need two more.

If any girls want to join via this thread, just post and let us know so we can have a training session or two before hand.

If the remaining places are taken before it starts, I'll get onto ITRA and try get contact details for the girls so we can have a session before hand to get to know them and so they're aware of the rules before it starts.

Woo Hoo, only one girls place left now.

Hopefully it's gone before Thursday so I can ring and try get contact details for them.

Good stuff, we're finished as of today.

Last two places were grabbed this morning.

I'll ring them later and try sort getting those contact details and hopefully we have a few more bodies on Thursday.

Excellent news. Will we be meeting at the usual time and place on Thursday? My ankle has recovered so I should be able to put in an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 matchball

Hey,
    My girlfriend and I are interested in playing tag rugby in Galway city. Neither of us have played before however we are both quite sporty. I play sport regularly at a competitive level and she goes to the gym regularly so hopefully we will get the hang of things quickly.

We would appreciate if someone could point us the right direction to get started.

Cheers.

Excellent news. Will we be meeting at the usual time and place on Thursday? My ankle has recovered so I should be able to put in an appearance.

Ya we'll be going up again tomorrow at 7, we had a few more last week. And should have another 1/2 again tomorrow.

We might get one day in with the newbies, but I need to get 5 other contact details for the ITRA, they emailed me as I used my email and number for everyone.

Once I email that stuff in, then I think he'll connect us with the other four.

I need to confirm that with him, as I was actually going to ring about getting details for them, the call ended up being about the email(getting contacts for the others.)
    matchball wrote: »
    Hey,
    My girlfriend and I are interested in playing tag rugby in Galway city. Neither of us have played before however we are both quite sporty. I play sport regularly at a competitive level and she goes to the gym regularly so hopefully we will get the hang of things quickly.

We would appreciate if someone could point us the right direction to get started.

Cheers.

We'll we're full anyway, you've left it a bit late tbh.

Most teams are completed since it's starting soon.

Only way to find a team would be a thread like this, the IRFU FB page, someone already playing.

Options are pretty limited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 matchball

Thanks for the reply. We will have to an eye out to see if anything comes up. Otherwise we will hang on till next time.

Best of luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement