Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pages loading slowly?

Options
  • 14-04-2011 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭

Are boards.ie pages loading slowly for anyone else today?

Taking nearly 20secs for pages to fully load for me.

Using Firefox 4 but even tried it in IE and it was the same.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Are boards.ie pages loading slowly for anyone else today?

Taking nearly 20secs for pages to fully load for me.

Using Firefox 4 but even tried it in IE and it was the same.

is it b-static.net that's responsible?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Spear wrote: »
    is it b-static.net that's responsible?
    Seems to be stats.big-boards.com where it's hanging.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Seems to be stats.big-boards.com where it's hanging.

I was getting slow responses from b-static.net last night, but a check today show it's now stats.big-boards.com that's being slow.

Spear wrote: »
    I was getting slow responses from b-static.net last night, but a check today show it's now stats.big-boards.com that's being slow.
    Adblocking it seems to sort it out.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If there is an issue with the response of a server we'll do what we can to see if there is a problem.

ADblocking us will ultimately "fix" the problem, permanently.

You cant say that we should survive off advertising and not charge the users ... and then block the advertising. Thats simply not sustainable.

DeV.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote: »
    If there is an issue with the response of a server we'll do what we can to see if there is a problem.

ADblocking us will ultimately "fix" the problem, permanently.

You cant say that we should survive off advertising and not charge the users ... and then block the advertising. Thats simply not sustainable.

DeV.
    :confused:I don't think that I've ever said that on this site. I'm quite happy to pay and do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Still slow loading for me, even without the ads (I will read twice as many when the speed picks up a bit to compensate). Thread in Help desk also noticing slow load times.

On firefox 4 too by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

:confused:I don't think that I've ever said that on this site. I'm quite happy to pay and do so.

I blocked big-boards a while back because of lags. I'm not noticing slow page load times at the minute.

I always thought big-boards was just a statistic tracker anyway, not an ad-server.. so I'm not sure what DeVore is talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Its taking about 10-20seconds for each page to load for me too, and they only load half of the time, the other half I get 503 errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

NM, its back for me!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It's been cow slow for me tonight. nothing to do with ads (I'm a subscriber so they don't show) or stats - just sits there waiting on www.boards.ie for up to 30s sometimes.

Edit: FF4 is buggy, lots of slowness complaints circulating, I'm still on latest release 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Last 503 was probably down to me doing stuff

*runs*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sparky wrote: »
    Last 503 was probably down to me doing stuff

*runs*
    Fess, who got a name change? :D

Advertisement