Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hacked.

Options
  • 14-04-2011 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

hey all, today my account was locked Due to suspicious activity, so i went and tried to recover my password, put in my security answer, then it said it sent a email for the password reset, i did not get one, so i tried it again and no luck, so then i went to Account Recovery, got an email from them saying that they recieved the report and they sent a password reset email, i didnt get that email either, what do i do? :(

its not in my spam folder either, i changed my hotmail password aswell just incase

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Your best best is to call them. Are you sure the original email was legit? I get loads of 'suspicious activity' emails which look pretty real, but when you investigate further, you'll notice they are fakes. The irish customer service number is listed in the stickies on the top of the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Hey Budah,

The mail you got was about your Battle.net account being locked, if your IP changes a lot you'll get locked as it appears your being hacked. That email you got gives you all the instructions you need as you can unlock the Battle.net account yourself.

Since you said you didn't get the password reset just add @blizzard.com and @battle.net to your safe address list on your hotmail account. Request the password again and it should come though. Complete it and you'll unlock the Battle.net account.

On the bad side you could be hacked, use the webform to report that and you'll be fine. Hope this helps anyway.

Webform

Cheers,
    Tom

Advertisement